User Tag List

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Thank heavens (or more appropriately, thanks mods!).....I am so tired of the negativity and whining.

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

Thank you Boo and the mods! Much appreciated!
    People before profits

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank You Boo & all the MODS. I love SC . I think for the most part...most of the SCers are polite and helpful but of course there always has to be the few to make people feel unwelcome or attacked.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

I'm very glad you will be doing this! I've only been a member since January, but have found the rudeness to be crazy in the past month! I'm glad you guys are monitoring the problem, and really appreciate the daunting and difficult work ahead of you!

Harbinger of Cookies
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by screamy View Post
    I agree we should all be civil, but I also appreciate open debate, and if I'm doing something incorrectly, I'd rather be told here than run into problems at a store (or create problems for other couponers).

That's just me - but I wish the mods the best of luck; tone of voice is frequently lost (sometimes all the emoticons and italics in the world don't get your point across when you're trying to offer friendly advice instead of "slamming" someone) and what constitutes "being rude" is equally frequently subjective. What offends one person may not faze another at all.

And the absolute defense for libel, as they say, is the truth. The fact remains that some people can, will, and do intentionally misuse coupons. Personally, I don't feel that explaining to someone who is UNintentionally doing so is rude - I think it's part of the informal, collaborative educational process that is undertaken here.

Obviously outright name calling, etc., isn't okay - but I also think that there are a number of people who are bragging about what is clearly fraud, and I think they can fairly be called on it. They are not exhibiting behaviour that SC - or SCers - can, or should, condone.

That's just my opinion, and everyone here will have their own take on things. I just hope that there can be instruction and discussion that is helpful, even when it involves an analysis of someone's behaviour (as long as it's objective, of course). I've made great friends here and consider SC to be a useful tool, and I try to contribute in (what at least I consider to be) a useful and constructive fashion. But I also call 'em like I see 'em.

In any case Boo & mods, good luck. It can't be fun!
    I agree. A forum should be a place for open discussion and it should be okay to politely disagree with someone.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MercuryBlue View Post
    Happy to hear it!

Re: asking people where they got their coupons from- I think I know what you're referring to (Something like 'You have 5 FPCs? It's supposed to be one per person! Where did you get them all from?'). Often, a person posts a great brag and mentions using good coupons that I've never heard of. I'll often ask them where they got their coupons from (so I can get some myself). I'm assuming that's still okay, as long as a person isn't making accusations or insinuating some sort of bad behavior? Just wanting to make sure I don’t accidentally step on toes…
    It seems to be OK to get multiple coupons/samples from a company if they allow you to put input your data more than once. A couple of times I've applied for the same thing a second time and it's gotten kicked back to me with a "sorry, you have already applied for this offer" or something of the sort. Mostly though, there's no problem with the application, so I am assuming that I will get my duplicates!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It is easy enough to check the terms of an offer to see if it is one per household, email address, or person etc to know whether you can order more.

Sometimes the software allows you but when they ship they delete all people with multiples from their list, even the original request
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Thank you so very much for looking after this problem Boo
    . l used to look forward to hearing everyones great stories but now everyone seems to be getting so mean to each other. l find this relaxing as l am newly retired and stockpilling for our local abuse shelter. This is a full time job and it bothers me that we can't keep cheering each other on for all the good work people are doing to feed their families, helping others who are less advantage,and so on. Fellow couponers lets get back to the basics of this site and help one another and lift each other up instead of finding the negativity in others. Everyone have a great day and keep finding those great deals.
    Last edited by ColleenMGorecki; Thu, Jun 9th, 2011 at 07:03 PM.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Even us old timers hate to be picked on. I hardly bother anymore to post it is just to stressful. Go Boo Go
    Total earned to date $2425.00 saving for a trip : )
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Deoxis

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thank you boo and all the mods for all your hard work.
    A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for. --

Trading Score
    343 (100%)

Thank you to Boo & all mods for the task ahead of you. I haven't posted any brags in months (besides diaper donations) because of the backlash that seems to come out of them & refuse to read past the first post of the majority of threads as it seems the majority turn into a witch-hunt/whine-fest within the first 5 posts following & it really, really irks me. It'll be refreshing to see SC return to its old happy, helpful & supportive ways without the insane amount of negativity that's been skulking around for awhile Thumbs up to you all
    DO YOU LIKE FREE!! SO DO WE!!
    EARN AMAZON.CA GIFT CERTIFICATES (AND MUCH MORE!!) JUST FOR SEARCHING THE WEB!! IT'S EASY AND FREE!!
    SWAGBUCKS IS WHERE IT'S AT SO DON'T DELAY, SIGN UP TODAY!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BFMamaOf2

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I am very new to this site and to be honest, haven't seen that much of it! Perhaps I am not looking in the right places? I find the brags to be amazing and I just get excited at the thought that I might be able to do some of that some day too!

I have found this website to be extremely helpful and informative and I bow HUGELY to those who take the time to look at the flyers each week and provide the coupon info that goes with each item. As a newbie, it is still quite confusing to me as to what coupons can be paired with what, what can be stacked etc.

Thanks to a post on here this week, I lost my "coupon virginity" and used the $5 WUB3 Gillette at WM and got 9 cans of shave foam. I was so excited that I actually got $1.20 back! I realize that this was a small one for most of you, but everyone is nervous their first time...

I have been granted the privelege of meeting some really amazing and helpful people on here. I have rarely posted so far because I am just watching and learning. However, if there are people on here who are rude and nasty, I say "chop off their heads"!

Thank you to all, I can't mention how many, that have provided information and tools that are incredibly helpful for this newbie!

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

One of the things I like most about this site is the fact that it is actually monitored for these kinds of problems. I've been on other sites where some of the members use foul or obscene language, openly insult others, play one-up-manship games all the time, gang up on a poster if they have a different opinion. It's just horrid.

And of course, after a while, people drift away from these sites, and leave them to the aggressive types that have succeeded in dominating and ruining the site for everybody except themselves.

Personally, with a painful, crippling illness, I haven't much inclination or energy to fight with people. I want only peace, and positive, happy interactions with others in a good give-and-take environment.
    All of us being only human, it is good to get these reminders from our site founder, Boo Radley, to do what's right on Smart Canucks.
    ( Valiant, the valley-ant )

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

Thank you so much for starting this,I hate the negative threads it's become mad around here,I hope we can all get back to looking for deals/coupons and freebies and the great brags not to forget the tea room,it is the best freebie coupon site in Canada by far.

SAVINGS.. LOVE SAVINGS..
    Trading Score
    8 (64%)

I was recently one of the people who was called a theif, a shoplifter, and a scam artist...
    I didnt do anything except have more than 1 of an FPC from websaver... and I got a pm within minutes, telling me I have multiple accounts and I am stealing I almost quick smart canucks. Been here for 6 weeks and defenitely didnt appreciate it.
    I hope u get rid of all the bad ones.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information