User Tag List

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

It seems that more people are attacking others for no good reason. I have a ZERO tolerance to any member directly or indirectly attacking another SmartCanucks member or even calling them out for their shopping habits or sarcastically making fun of them. Even questioning them or where they got coupons from or accusing them of anything will not be tolerated.

My mission for the next few weeks will be to catch all the rude members and let them know that their rude behaviour is not welcome on SmartCanucks. They can either be polite and peaceful or leave SmartCanucks. If they don't leave I will personally make sure they do.

All moderators have been informed of this too and we are all on the hunt for rude members.

ALSO you are NOT a moderator unless I have officially made you a moderator. Don't go around making up rules. The SmartCanucks moderators are:

This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Thanks Boo I have only been popping in and out and it does seem like there is alot more negativity, obviously everyone has to play nice and you're here to remind us : )

Trading Score
    121 (98%)

Thanks. It's quite sad that it had come down to this. I don't envy you, or all the mods for the daunting task ahead.

Even poor Sally's frustration shon through in her last few "closing" posts!
    Last edited by guccigoo22; Thu, Jun 9th, 2011 at 03:25 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

We are all "grown" and should act as such. Glad you're taking care of this but sad it makes more work for you(as if you aren't busy enough).
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Thanks to you and to the mods. for doing this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I agree we should all be civil, but I also appreciate open debate, and if I'm doing something incorrectly, I'd rather be told here than run into problems at a store (or create problems for other couponers).

That's just me - but I wish the mods the best of luck; tone of voice is frequently lost (sometimes all the emoticons and italics in the world don't get your point across when you're trying to offer friendly advice instead of "slamming" someone) and what constitutes "being rude" is equally frequently subjective. What offends one person may not faze another at all.

And the absolute defense for libel, as they say, is the truth. The fact remains that some people can, will, and do intentionally misuse coupons. Personally, I don't feel that explaining to someone who is UNintentionally doing so is rude - I think it's part of the informal, collaborative educational process that is undertaken here.

Obviously outright name calling, etc., isn't okay - but I also think that there are a number of people who are bragging about what is clearly fraud, and I think they can fairly be called on it. They are not exhibiting behaviour that SC - or SCers - can, or should, condone.

That's just my opinion, and everyone here will have their own take on things. I just hope that there can be instruction and discussion that is helpful, even when it involves an analysis of someone's behaviour (as long as it's objective, of course). I've made great friends here and consider SC to be a useful tool, and I try to contribute in (what at least I consider to be) a useful and constructive fashion. But I also call 'em like I see 'em.

In any case Boo & mods, good luck. It can't be fun!

Trading Score
    422 (99%)

Thank you so much Boo, i have loved smartcanucks for 2 1/2 years now, but lately I cringe when I come on and try to skip over any negative sounding threads. These people have really been taking away my enjoyment of the site ):
    Looking for $1 off Pampers or Huggies wipes

Harbinger of Cheerios MercuryBlue's Avatar
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Happy to hear it!

Re: asking people where they got their coupons from- I think I know what you're referring to (Something like 'You have 5 FPCs? It's supposed to be one per person! Where did you get them all from?'). Often, a person posts a great brag and mentions using good coupons that I've never heard of. I'll often ask them where they got their coupons from (so I can get some myself). I'm assuming that's still okay, as long as a person isn't making accusations or insinuating some sort of bad behavior? Just wanting to make sure I don’t accidentally step on toes…

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Thanks Boo! I have finally come across some of the negativity and it makes me sick I may have responded rudely- I was in a really bad moos when I saw what I did and I shouldn't have reacted the way I did and I apologize.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MercuryBlue View Post
    Happy to hear it!

Re: asking people where they got their coupons from- I think I know what you're referring to (Something like 'You have 5 FPCs? It's supposed to be one per person! Where did you get them all from?'). Often, a person posts a great brag and mentions using good coupons that I've never heard of. I'll often ask them where they got their coupons from (so I can get some myself). I'm assuming that's still okay, as long as a person isn't making accusations or insinuating some sort of bad behavior? Just wanting to make sure I don’t accidentally step on toes…
    That is part of the problem, with so much negativity, people read negativity into posts like that when there is none there and think you are attacking them. An attack is so subjective I think people will use this to bait people to get people they dont like banned
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

tranquility
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I wanted to let you know that I just love SmartCanucks and want to express a big thanks to all the hard work that goes into the contributors of this site.
    No one has ever been rude to me on this site that I have found and I have made a few errors being a newbie.
    Lately, so many wonderful people have come to my aid and have assisted me with my questions.
    I just can't believe there would be rude people making foul comments when this site is here to help you and most people on it are obviously out to help one another!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Happy to hear it!

yes you have it right, its ok to ask hey where did u find those ones!

Not omg you got 10 I hate you you thief

LOL!
    Last edited by Sally888; Thu, Jun 9th, 2011 at 04:44 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Perfect, slightly tired of the nonsence !

Kings County Coupon Queen sarah_300c's Avatar
    Trading Score
    693 (100%)

Good idea! Me likes!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Happy to hear it!

A question that indicates they genuinely want to know where they got the coupon from (such question would not reference the number of coupons) is fine. a question that contains hidden rudeness/sarcasm about num ber of coupons or source of coupons is not.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    That is part of the problem, with so much negativity, people read negativity into posts like that when there is none there and think you are attacking them. An attack is so subjective I think people will use this to bait people to get people they dont like banned
    Oh baiters will be the first to get banned. I am looking for baiters and drama initiators mo re than anything. Don't worry

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information