User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not sure if this is the right section, but thought I'd share this with everybody. My friend is helping out with this huge garage sale fundraiser that will be happening this Saturday downtown.

About the Event:

"Hello everyone,

The location of the garage sale will be at 312 Roncesvalles. It's THIS Saturday from 8 am to 8 pm!

Here's what you can expect thus far:

- a motorcycle (honda shadow)
    - great looking furniture (Ikea ELGÅ system wardrobe & drawer, book shelf, desk)
    - sports equipment (skates, bicycles, racquets)
    - musical instruments
    - amazing selection of books
    - stylish vintage clothes
    - camera equipment
    - electronics
    - and much much more!!!

We're also bringing the entertainment!

- new menu of food (last time we sold over 70 hotdogs)
    - karaoke, that's right karaoke
    - garage band perhaps?
    - anything is possible!!

Drop by anytime and bring your friends and family and help the WeWoman raise our goal of $50, 000 to finish this documentary to help seek justice for these heroic grandmothers!!

Hope to see you this Saturday!

For more information on the Within Every Woman film, please visit: www.withineverywoman.org/kickstarter
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=213785465321691

- Heidi"

About the Documentary:

"Within Every Woman (WEWoman; www.wewoman.org) is a film that explores the forgotten history of "The Comfort Woman", a term used to describe over 200,000 girls who were forced into sexual slavery during World War II in Asia.

We began the project in 2008, travelling through rural China, the Philippines, and South Korea to meet and document the survivors of what is known as the largest institutionalized rape system in world history. Today, the survivors are referred to as “the Grandmothers” - all above the age of 80, they are now mothers, grandmothers and wives. But behind their inspiring courage and strength, it is clear they are still haunted with memories of the past. We want to show the complex healing processes that these women who have struggled with their whole lives and ask, ”How does one begin to heal from such brutality?”

If you're downtown, don't forget to stop by
    Also, check out their trailer if you have some free time!

This thread is currently associated with: Garage, IKEA

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ah this sounds so cool!! Too bad I think it's way out of my way from where I am staying this weekend

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Thread Information