User Tag List

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Not sure if this is new as I recently started using coupons but, I did notice something I don't often see on most coupons...specifically what's printed in bold.

Example, Off coupon in latest Smart Source for 5$ WUB 2 products:

"LIMIT 1 COUPON PER PURCHASE. Coupon not valid in conjunction with other offers, promotions, or discounts."

Does that specifically mean it doesn't apply to sale items? I noticed this on the Off, Scrubbing Bubbles, and Toilet Duck. The last two also say, "1 redemption per customer." That's not the same as 1 per purchase, is it?
    This thread is currently associated with: Smart Source

addicted to coupons
    Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I never noticed that Yeah I'd take that to mean regular priced items only and one coupon per person. Man, why are they making couponing so hard?!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Pretty soon we wont be able to do anything but get 1 product at a time...Don't they listen when their customers complain???i

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I didn't notice that either.
    I find with a lot of these coupons, especially the small ones, (and peelies are the worst), that you need a microscope to read the fine print- no wonder some cashiers get frustrated. My eyesight isn't perfect but its not horrible yet I still have to carry a magnifying glass with me to check the details before I had it over to a cashier :-(

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post
    Does that specifically mean it doesn't apply to sale items? I noticed this on the Off, Scrubbing Bubbles, and Toilet Duck. The last two also say, "1 redemption per customer." That's not the same as 1 per purchase, is it?
    Distributers are only reimbursing the coupon value so wonder why it would matter to them if items got applied to sales.... strange me thinks!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

discount could be a managers special, an advertised sale price is the store price for that week. So often I see the flyers show a price that is the store's regular price. They said promos before and a sale is basically a promotion too
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    113 (100%)

I would say no. A sale price is completely up to the store, they've already bought it from the manufacturer so it shouldn't affect the use of a coupon.

"LIMIT 1 COUPON PER PURCHASE. Coupon not valid in conjunction with other offers, promotions, or discounts." This is wording from the manufacturer, and only applies to offers,promotions or discounts from the manufacturer.
    Last edited by scrapbookfanatic; Tue, Jun 14th, 2011 at 02:30 PM.
    LF: Van Houtte, Newmans, Purina One Cat & Dog Food... FT: Lots!

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scrapbookfanatic View Post
    I would say no. A sale price is completely up to the store, they've already bought it from the manufacturer so it shouldn't affect the use of a coupon.

"LIMIT 1 COUPON PER PURCHASE. Coupon not valid in conjunction with other offers, promotions, or discounts." This is wording from the manufacturer, and only applies to offers,promotions or discounts from the manufacturer.
    sadly, that is not how various cashiers may see it- largely because it doesn't say any other MFG discount and we have seen how often its been applied to sales or store discounts
    Last edited by lor1492; Wed, Jun 15th, 2011 at 07:14 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had the same problem last night at Shoppers... Used my Carefree coupon (buy 2, save $5) And the girl looked at it and said to me that the item is on sale and I couldn't use it because the coupon only applies to regular priced items. I said that I should be allowed to use it anyways. She then called the Manager who said it was ok to use it. I guess it depends on the store and manager ?
    They get the money back from the manufacturer regardless, so why does it matter?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I Used the coupons and didn't notice the fine print and neither did the teller, sweet!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I used my colgate coupon st SDM last week, on a sale item and got it free. They didnt have any prob doing it, actually went back the next day and got another one with a coupon my husband received. I dont think it means none sale items.

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

I don't think that this should affect using the coupon on the sale price BUT its up to the store, it may affect using a coupon with a SPC, employee discount etc?
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Thread Information