User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Hmmmmm I'm thinking
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

Well... I'm an unhappy camper with Superstore...

Yesterday I had all my coupons all matched up with the store coupons ready to buy about $200 worth of groceries... Today I still have my $200 and no groceries.

The updated version of the Coupon Policy may not specify the CZ matched with MC's but it does state one coupon per item purchased... and NO STACKING... Now that being said I understand what one coupon means and what stacking means HOWEVER... You can no longer use the grouped coupon either... meaning:

You have a coupon for Mustard, Bread & Hotdogs... you CANNOT use the matching Summertime coupon of saving $3 when you buy all 3.. not if you use a coupon on each item (or even on one of the items)... Fine.

You ALSO cannot use the coupon to get a free pop when you buy 2 popcorns if you plan on using a coupon for the popcorn... These are 2 SEPERATE items however you can no longer do this... Something Ive been doing for more years then I can count... This is not considered stacking... Stacking is using more then 1 coupon of different UPCs on the same item being purchased... This is actually called "Grouping Coupons"... You use your $1 off coupon for your Ziplock lunch bags and then you buy 2 of them and use your save $3 on Clubhouse when you buy 2 Ziplock... GROUPING COUPONS...

So what happened yesterday? I walked away from my groceries and superstore lost me as a customer. NOW this may not seem like a huge deal to the store manager or any employee but the one who got stuck putting my items away... but it will impack the store when Walmart is finished being built in the area, and when Costco and other large chains get finished in the area...

Not only did they loose me as a customer, they wont be getting reinbursed the money for coupons or even the money for handling my coupons... not anymore. (I think theres some Stats around here somewhere on how much money in coupons was used in Canada last year... ther use to be anyways) I will be supporting Walmart and Sobeys & Save on foods now 100% for all my groceries... not only do they take ALL my coupons for ANY of the items I buy but I get things back in a better way then at Superstore.

No more CZ matched with MCs... No more grouped coupons allowed... I would rather use 4 coupons at Sobeys and get it cheaper then 1 coupon at superstore and I'll take my points at Sobeys as well... and not once have they even looked at me funny for shopping at 5am...

As far as I'm conserned anyone who has never used a coupon should NOT being writting coupon policies.
    This thread is currently associated with: Costco, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Save on Foods, Sobeys, Walmart

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

As far as I'm conserned anyone who has never used a coupon should NOT being writting coupon policies
    I agree 100%

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    116 (100%)

That is completely ridiculous...the same thing happened to me at Walmart..I bought four ziploc boxes using my B2G2 and then tried to use my $3.00 off coupon for the marinade and was told I was stacking and I tried to explain that stacking meant using more than one coupon for the same item but the supervisor said no...flat out....so I left the marinade....not worth arguing since the guy in line behind me was already cursing and swearing and huffing and puffing, I thought he was going to drop dead of a heart attack!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

You are smart to vote with your feet!

Say no to Cyber Bullying
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

i've never seen the coupon show,but I have to admit, even though everyone equally should and needs to save money, so much has changed. Nor more as u mentioned at RCSS, no more 20x at SDM til AFTER coupons, no more stacking p & g, frusterating. What next?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    28 (94%)

Define stacking....my understanding of stacking is using more them one manufacture coupon per product or quanities stated. (ie. P&G coupon)
    Hot dog example: Save $3 wub frenches mustard + Schinders Product + Villagio Bread Product, if you used a coupon for any of the 3 prducts listed on top of the $3 off that would be stacking as coupon value is for all three products.

Grouping...would be the example used for the clubhouse wub 2 ziploc products. The coupon stats you get discount on Clubhouse because you purchase ziploc so using a coupon for the ziploc would be "grouping" since the original $3 is only for the clubhouse product not the ziploc.

I hope I stated this clearly, grouping is acceptable at any store as CRA defines coupons to be treated as cash.

What I do find funny about RCSS policy is that CZC are "instore" promotions and they do not want them combined with MFC, funny because pricematching is also a store promotion/policy and CAN be combined with MFC.

Shop @ SOF or Pricesmart get the loyalty points and stack, I dont even bother with RCSS, I have the power to pricematch!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (80%)

Absolutely ridiculous. You were right to walk away and you should complain on top of that IMO!.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    28 (94%)

Quote Originally Posted by taxsavey View Post
    i've never seen the coupon show,but I have to admit, even though everyone equally should and needs to save money, so much has changed. Nor more as u mentioned at RCSS, no more 20x at SDM til AFTER coupons, no more stacking p & g, frusterating. What next?

SDM there has never been 20X the points including coupons in the value.
    Only bonus points per products can be collected with $ off coupon (2001) only ever can collect base points on the oop $$ spent. FPC (2002) never give bonus or base points.

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BCCouponClipper View Post
    SDM there has never been 20X the points including coupons in the value.
    Only bonus points per products can be collected with $ off coupon (2001) only ever can collect base points on the oop $$ spent. FPC (2002) never give bonus or base points.
    That's not accurate, if your subtotal before tax was $55 and your OOP is $5 the base points is calculated as $55 x 10 = 550, not $5 x 10 = 50.

Bonus points (20X) are then awarded as 550 x 20 = 11,000.

This was the case providing that your OOP was reduced from $55 to $5 using cents off coupons, keyed in using the 2001 code and not 2002 code.

This is what has happened in the past, not sure about going forward.
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by chulamom View Post
    That is completely ridiculous...the same thing happened to me at Walmart..I bought four ziploc boxes using my B2G2 and then tried to use my $3.00 off coupon for the marinade and was told I was stacking and I tried to explain that stacking meant using more than one coupon for the same item but the supervisor said no...flat out....so I left the marinade....not worth arguing since the guy in line behind me was already cursing and swearing and huffing and puffing, I thought he was going to drop dead of a heart attack!
    Same thing happened to me at WM but I was buying the ziplocs that come with the bonus snack bags. The told me that was two products even though it was packaged as one. The till supervisor was even saying look at the pic on the coupon even though the word any ziploc product was in big letters. I avoid WM and have no problem telling people that WM employees usually have no clue about coupons

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

I was at RCSS on Monday trying to use man coupon and a coupon zone for Scott paper towels and they wouldn't let me use both....the store manager said as of Sunday they have a new policy ONE COUPON per item....a coupon zone or man but not both ....

please add your SC's name when doing a trade
    then I can make sure I can rate YOU

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Man those stores change their policy like i change my underwear1 day this another day something else,$hit or get off the pot
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    122 (100%)

They lost me too, I'm sticking with Wal-Mart and Safeway now. They treat me and my coupons so nice! I just wanted to buy 2 Taco kits and they made me pay for them seperatly, so dumb.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lost me as well thats for sure !

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Me too! RCSS has no idea about coupons and that they are getting the full amount back!! I went early sunday to do my shopping and they messed it up so badly that it ended up costing me nearly $100 for something that should have cost me $50

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information