User Tag List

Thread: Bick's Pickles

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Worst pickle experience. I've sent this email to the company

First I would like to say that normally I throughly enjoy Bick's pickles.

Today I bought two jars, one was the Polskie dills and the other was Bick's Dill Pickles Garlic (UPC 0 594220 8)
    I was very excited since pickles are generally my favorite snack. However when I opened the Polskies, I first noticed that the pickle count was smaller than most jars of Bick's I've purchased. I was fine with that though, every jar can't be stuffed. The first pickle I bit into had an incredibly tough skin but mushy and almost hollow centre. The skin didn't break when I bit into it instead squished down, only squirting juice. The second and third pickle were the same but the fourth was completely mushy, skin and center alike. Nothing like the usual Bick's crunch I've come to expect. The pickles were so gross I couldn't bring myself to try another one.
    I thought to myself, hmm, maybe it was just a bad jar. So I moved on to the Bick's Dill Pickles. And sadly, every single pickle in that jar was basically mush. Incredibly disgusting and even more so disappointing.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gee, it almost sounds like they were frozen - that's what has happened with us before when a jar has gotten into the rear of the fridge where it's too cold...

I don't think this is the case with all Bick's, though - we recently bought a jar of Dills with garlic, and Polski Ogorki, and they were fine - as crunchy as usual! In the interim, I had picked up a jar of Co-op garlic dills because they were cheap, and though they tasted okay, they didn't have the crunch - which only Bick's seems to have!

Thread Information