User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Walmart - Overages - And how to Pay It Forward

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did see in "the show" someone picking up a gift card after a transaction that gave overage, never gave a tough about it.

But i guess that must be so much less hassle for them then to have some sort of supervisor accepting it and most probably having to do some paperwork justification for giving money to a client buying things.

Personally i would not give any money ever to any "corporate" donations, it's just a tax scam, you don't get you donations tax credit, but they sure take it when they give your money..

On the other hand, i do think it's great to give extra items to charities, this way you know it's not a scam and 80% of your donation is not *wasted* in "administration fees".

Go ahead, I Dare You! Carlyfalls's Avatar
    Trading Score
    161 (99%)

Good idea, but I am a little confused how this is considered "Pay it Forward"? If you were giving the money to someone else, that would be considered paying it forward?!?

Learning ...
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hi Tammy! An "overage" is when you use a coupon worth MORE than the product you are buying. For example, if you have a $2 coupon for a specific deodorant and that deodorant goes on sale for $1.50 you would get a $ 0.50 overage - they would pay YOU the fifty cents. This can really add up! Most stores will just reduce the price of your coupon to match the price of the item, so you receive the item free, but don't get any money back. Walmart is one of the few stores that will give you this overage to apply to the rest of your purchase, or to take as cash back. If for example you had 16 of these deodorant coupons and bought the 16 deodorant and that was all you wanted to purchase, they would give you the $8 cash back. If you were buying the 16 deodorants as well as some other groceries, for example, and your groceries would have cost you $12 they would deduct the coupon total $8 from this and you would only owe $4!!! it is pretty awesome when it happens!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Carlyfalls View Post
    Good idea, but I am a little confused how this is considered "Pay it Forward"? If you were giving the money to someone else, that would be considered paying it forward?!?
    Ya, really pay it forward and leave the gift card with the teller, if everyone did this, tellers would start waving over anyone with coupons "come to my till!!"

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

That's a fabulous idea - thanks so much for sharing! Can they add to an existing gift card or do you get a new one each time?
    ~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~
    Want to make some extra money, but don't know where to start? Clixsense is a great Paid To Click site where you can earn some extra spending cash straight into your PayPal account!<a href="http://www.clixsense.com/?5106431&SC">ClixSense</a>
    ~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

Junior Canuck ObsessiveCouponDisorder's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Great idea, that could really add up over time. @jmalias...lmao. I could totally picture that!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Really great idea!

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I haven't been getting overages in $5+ but I do like the idea of squirreling it away in a gift card for perhaps a rainy day or just because! Thanks so much for sharing!
    Looking for 5 minute fast, fun, easy surveys that you get paid in currency not in points? Check out PaidView Point
    Would you like to earn some paypal/amazon gift cards? Get points by clicking the lucky button at Superpoints or click here for 50 points now

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's a very smart idea! I would try it but I rarely have overages, and If I do they are ususally under $5. But if they are over, I might try this!
    Wanna get paid giftcards and Paypal cash? Join Swagbucks right now!
    Don't you want free giftcards, prizes and money just for clicking?
    I've earned $180! Join Superpoints today

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think that's a great idea that you came up with! I've never had an overage before, but I will keep this in mind!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Overages are when your coupon is worth more then the item. Walmart lets you take the overages and apply it to your basket or give you cash. My thought is if you were getting cash back why not put it on a gift card and you can keep reloading it and accumulate on the same card a minimum $5.00 and up.

This keeps the store that are good to us and put the money back to them. This will keep them friendly with us and actually embrace us as we go back to spend $ at the store. Save it up for somethig big or buy say something with a MIR etc.
    I personally feel this is found money and this will be for a treat for me or my DD at christmas

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

thanks apehead1 great idea!

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

i am thinking of trying it. Usually I just buy something to cover the overage but next time i may get the guts to make them pay me,lol.
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

How do you get overages so high?!? That's what I wonder! Is it all shave cream? Cat food? Dog food? Ziploc Evolves? Am I missing one??????? I feel a deep need to acquire at least one of every overage item (or three).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information