User Tag List

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Hubby and I quit cold turkey 3 yrs ago. It was just easy this time, I don't know why. Something that worked for a friend of the Family was...

He never said he was quitting somking, didn't put any pressure on himself etc. All he did was say.. " I'm just not going to have any today" And he still does that a few years later.

The truth is you can get all the advice in the world, everybody has a great suggestion... However you need to find what works for you. You know your body best, you know what stresses you out, when you get cravings etc. Listen to your body, if you know it's the right time for you, you will be successfull. Don't just quit because you know you should, you have to be ready.

I am not a doctor and I am not liable for anything! HEHE

PS... just a note for anyone with LD. We got in one of the last flyers a $10 off WUB a nicorette gum AND patch coupon. Well LD had another manuf. one in the store, you can stack.... also from trying to read the LD flyer someone posted, I see they have a deal when WUB 2 nicorette gum(I believe that is what it said, it was kind of hard to see), you get a $10 LD giftcard. It's like $30 off!

Here, there, everywhere! Damnedifiknow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well, I guess I'll be joining this thread commencing Monday, lol. Both the bf and I are quitting (should be a riot around here for a while ). We're both going to start cold turkey but he has an option through his work to get an aid paid for him as I do not. I think it'll be much easier to quit if we both stop. It was a decision he made through work and I decided join the bandwagon to make it a dual effort and finally make my family happy (though I'm quitting for myself), making the others happy is just a bonus.

I'm of the opinion if I can get a few weeks in I'll be fine. I know the cravings will still be there, but I'm stubborn and will keep telling myself that I haven't had one for this long so I don't need one. We shall soon see!
    Come win with me!
    Still lurking around Smart Canucks? Join here!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I wish you all the very best in your quest to quit! I know it can't be easy. My poor dad couldn't give it up and paid the ultimate price. Please find the best support you can, congratulate yourself on every day, hour, minute that your don't pick up a cigarette and enjoy as your body starts healling itself with wonderful clean air! All the best!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread Information