User Tag List

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I was charged for a product I didn't purchase at Shoppers today and didn't notice till I was leaving the store as I usually walk away reading my receipt to check things out. Anyhow, I went back for my refund which I got with no problem (good thing I didn't go home). I decided to ask about their SCOP which by the way is a poster on the front automatic door. She said she couldn't because it was her error and that I did not actually make that purchase to which I I stayed firm and insisted on their policy. It was all friendly stuff, and I ended up with a 10$ gift card after a fifth person was called to approve and just like that it was yes, if there is no product offer a gift card which was better for me because I didn't want the item anyway that I was charged for. So, thanks people, I would not have bothered had I not read so many others hold a store to their SCOP.
    Here's to you .
    Janne
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    139 (100%)

thanks for the heads up... didn't know that
    Just launched my new website, come take a look (headbands for all ages, and more to come)
    Www.5angels.ca

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jubsies

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    237 (100%)

Wow ...you were lucky to get $10GC as SCOP shouldn't have applied in this instance. You were charged for an item you didn't purchase & but got refunded. SCOP applies when you're overcharged for a purchased item - it doesn't apply when u don't purchase anything.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Sooo pleased for you!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

How did the cashier manage to charge you for something you didn't purchase?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Based on previous comments I think many of us are confused about this so am going to ask for clarification.

Do I undertstand correctly - you were charged for an item you didn't purchase, got a refund for the item in question and then asked for another refund?

Macintosh
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think it was your lucky day. Scop does notfall under the catagory you are refering to. Bonus for you!

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

oops then, home4now, I thought this was legit, first time I used the SCOP policy. It seemed okay with them, SCOPing wasn't the issue it was that she charged me for a gala ticket, that they don't have going on right now. The cashier hit the wrong keys when she was pushing buttons for my purchase and coupons. She could not give me a ticket but didn't know what to do in place of this, so she called other people who also were not sure. The last person was the one who said a gift card because they do not have gala tickets right now, and couldn't give me a rain check and would a gift card be okay. I really thought this was all cool and part of SCOP, evidently so did they. Maybe it was a mistake, and now knowing this was I wouldn't do it again .

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by janne View Post
    oops then, home4now, I thought this was legit, first time I used the SCOP policy. It seemed okay with them, SCOPing wasn't the issue it was that she charged me for a gala ticket, that they don't have going on right now. The cashier hit the wrong keys when she was pushing buttons for my purchase and coupons. She could not give me a ticket but didn't know what to do in place of this, so she called other people who also were not sure. The last person was the one who said a gift card because they do not have gala tickets right now, and couldn't give me a rain check and would a gift card be okay. I really thought this was all cool and part of SCOP, evidently so did they. Maybe it was a mistake, and now knowing this was I wouldn't do it again .
    LOL that is not SCOP but it is good customer service!!! That is awesome they couldnt give you a rain check but made you happy with a gift card. You didn't do anything wrong you just didn't know what to call it. That is an awesome store that would do that for you.l

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

this wasn't a SCOP scenario.............

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    237 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by janne View Post
    We were all newbies at one point - gr8 that u got a GC. Here's a SCOP Q&A (thanks savesgirl) that u might find helpful:

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/18594-s...actice-canada/

Thread Information