User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was so embarrassed! Anywho....I'm so glad you're feeling better.
    nothingfancy

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i'm so happy you're doing better.
    i felt like crying FOR you!

i had a weird all-over break out of insanely itchy bumps for 6 weeks after i gave birth to my daughter, it started pretty much when she was a day old. turned out it is a really weird thing they have a weird name for and have no clue how or why it happens.

i hope you continue to get better
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have suffered chronic hives since I was a teenager....
    they called it stress ( no way!!) and always sent me packing...i often looked like i was beaten as, at one point, they affected my face--with eyes swelling and lips huge!! After prednisone, many attempts, my immune system settled down and i was good for years....
    Then, fast forward to now--or a year ago--at age 53......they were back with a vengance!! Not the face this time (thank goodness) but the body, legs and arms were covered ( I did have good results once with Ranitidine--which is used as an antacid--good to know if you can't get a prescription...i forget the brand name but you just need to read ingredients)...this time Ranitidine did not work, Reactine--prescription strength--did not work...multiple alternating antihistamines...nothing...
    allergy test was nothing i did not already know....
    the devil, prednisone was my only choice for sanity...on and off that for a long time and then one daily for a very long time....and honestly that just didn't seem right to me.
    Research...and quite luckily i had been keeping a food diary....and at that time lots of weight lifting and protein....and then i found it...EGG WHITES
    stopped eating eggs and voila...no more hives....but then

yup, they came back...WTH!!! Very long story short it turns out that i have developed an allergy (not celiac) to wheat....and Hashimotos disease (thyroid) is complicating it all....

so if i wake up with 20 hives, it's a good day....

some days i wonder why....but not often...it could be so much worse and at this point it is not life threatening...

I wish you well and hope you can figure it out...or that they go into remission....

Trading Score
    44 (98%)

Sorry I'm coming into this a lil late, just saw it now. I've had recurring hives pretty near my whole life.
    The b!tch of hives is anything can cause them, it could be someone that walked past you with a scent on that your allergic to.
    My mother used to make a bath for me when I was younger of oatmeal and instant coffee, it's odd but seems to work. And always make sure your bath is cool while you have hives, warm/ hot water seems to aggrevate them.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes prednisone can change your temperature and can also make you feel jittery and anxious, I am on it myself.

The hives, what type did the dermatologist say they were? Uticaria?

Sometimes we don't know what triggers it, my mother gets horrible hives from any type of insect bite especially mosquitos and fleas. Just one bite gives her gigantic hives all over her body.

Benadryl will help if it is an 'allergic' response but you have to take it soon after the first sign of itch / bite. If the hives are stress related, benadryl will not work.

After you are off the prednisone and aren't taking any allergy meds ask for a referral to an immunologist to get allergy testing done so you can know for sure one way or another, eliminate things.

I am super sensitive and use everything natural as best I can, fragrances and chemicals can trigger a reaction. Nature Clean makes great laundry and dish detergent as well as shampoo and conditioner (also a Canadian Company) Other products I like are from Aubrey Organics and Earth Science (Some GreenWorks). Aloe Vera Gel will help soothe the hive areas and cool it off. Showers / baths may make it worse because of the heat and soaps.

I'd be careful with Aveeno products, they aren't as natural as you may think they are. In fact they contain some very strong chemicals. Aveeno is now actually putting chemical dyes in some of their products to change your skin colour.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh I just wanted to add, that you can get some topical relief with 'betaderm' ointment rx'd by your dermatologist, contains steroid and you can only use it here and there but it helps. :D

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information