User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Lua
    Female
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

so i woke up this morning and along with the hives, my bottom lip is fat and numb-feeling... how fun!

I am outside a lot at night but I don't see how it can be bug bites due to the volume of the hives and the fact that each morning they're in a different spot....

no word from the dermatologists office yesterday so i'll be calling again this morning as soon as they open...
    Join SWAGBUCKS! Get free amazon $!!!
    My Blog: http://mypinkthumb.com

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Oh Lua...I really hope you get to see him soon....I also think you should see an allergist....

Lua
    Female
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Called the dermatoligsts office (my dr wants me to go there first and then the allergist -- you have to be referred for these things).... anyway my appt was supposed to be booked yesterday but wasn't. now i have to wait until monday and call again because that's when the dermatologist will be back in again.

Called my dr office after that and explained the lip thing and the fact that i barely sleep due to the itching. She has a packed schedule so I was told to just go to the walk-in (in the same building) tonight and the dr there will prescribe something to help me while i wait for the derm. appt.

ugh.... so frustrating.

it's been almost a week with no milk/dairy and no difference. so i give up on that one. i miss milk and yogurt! lol

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Have you ever heard of Ionized silver? The stuff i used is called ASAP silver solution. You can buy it in either a gel or liquid form. Some people ingest it. (1 teaspoon a day) i use it topically on any problems I have. Excema(sp?) pimples, mosquito bites, cuts and scrapes. It works amazing well. It takes the itch out completely and usually by the first say if not then the second day, my problem is barely visible! I use the gel or i spray the liquid on and let it air dry. Just another suggestion. Read up on, its really amazing stuff! My husband drinks it, and hasn't been sick in the 3 years hes been taking it. You can usually find it in your local health food stores. Its slightly expensive, but sometimes you can find it online at good prices. There are many different brands. But even read up on it, it is quite interesting stuff.

Lua
    Female
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Never heard of ionized silver sounds very interesting though!!!

i ended up going to the walk-in last night, as per my dr's request and he gave me 2 prescriptions which he promised would give me some relief.

Boy was he RIGHT! :D

he gave me Hydroxyzine and Ranitidine which combined were to provide a good dose of antihistimine. The hydroxyzine is especially for helping with the itch and essentially putting me to sleep.

I took them as directed and last night was my best night's sleep in almost 3 WEEKS!!!! And even better - upon waking up this morning there was a significant reduction in the amount of hives over my body. THANK GOODNESS! I'm feeling so much better today.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, I'm so glad you have gotten some relief!

I'm on apo-hydroxyzine for my psoriasis and the itching - I can't get through a night without it - as it is, I only sleep several hours a night, then have to nap during the day.

If they get bad again, and you still have such a wait to see an allergist, if you go to emerg they will have an allergist on call.

I'm wishing you CALMness!

Lua
    Female
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

So it's been 4 weeks... still suffering (in the day that is).. the hives aren't getting any better but today they are definitely worse.. makes me think they are a result of the heat and 0 sign of rain over the past month and a bit?????

finally got a dermatologist appt..... unfortunately i get to suffer quite a bit longer as the soonest they can see me is August 15!!! ugh..

at least i have some meds that keep the itch down and help me sleep.
    Last edited by Lua; Thu, Jul 21st, 2011 at 03:19 PM.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

AUG 15!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh my goodness....Im sorry to hear ur still suffering....

Lua
    Female
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

yeah... i called to see if there's any sort of cancellation list i could get on in hopes of a sooner appt.. her response flat out "nope. all you can do is keep calling"

the dermatologist is only in oshawa Monday's and Wednesday's so i'll do just that.. keep calling twice a week in hopes for something sooner.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Are you using a differnt kind of soap/ laundry detergent.
    in general anything new that you had eaten or use,,,, even include air freshners
    I can't use fabreeze at all, but i can use others

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Have you tried mixing baking soda and water into a paste and then applying it to the area?
    I also recently learned that men's old spice deoderant stick works good on bites to take away the itch. It might be worth a shot.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Lua
    Female
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

to give an idea.. this is what my neck looked like when i woke up this morning worst morning in terms of hives on my face so far. it looks like this all over my legs and arms as i type this

Lua
    Female
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by grannyg View Post
    Are you using a differnt kind of soap/ laundry detergent.
    in general anything new that you had eaten or use,,,, even include air freshners
    I can't use fabreeze at all, but i can use others
    We've gone over everything numerous times. Am not/haven't used anything different. Or eaten anything different.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Have you tried mixing baking soda and water into a paste and then applying it to the area?
    I also recently learned that men's old spice deoderant stick works good on bites to take away the itch. It might be worth a shot.
    I haven't tried baking soda and water. Maybe i'll try this weekend to see what it does. Thankfully the pills I got at the walk-in last week help with the itch. At least at night so I can sleep now.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, I'm just so sorry for you, having to deal with this for SO long...

Other ideas I found - make sure you are taking cool showers/baths, not warm/hot. Using cool compresses on your skin should give you some relief as well.

A thing I mentioned before that maybe you didn't pick up on, is that the hives don't necessarily come from something 'new' in regard to foods/products - sometimes it's a reaction on the body's part to things one has used/eaten all along.... for whatever reason, it just happens. (for example, my sister with fish/seafood - ate and loved it for decades, then all of a sudden, started getting hives).

So it could be a food you have eaten, and are continuing to eat - and your body is just reacting to it now.
    I'd consider doing some food elimination in your diet, of the most common suspects -
    shellfish, fish, nuts, peanuts, eggs, wheat, soy.

Continuing to wish you well!

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

I hope you get some relief....but I'm scared you might have bed bugs! That would be my first guess...check your matress!

I had a rash last summer...couldn't understand what it was from....been to an allergist and knew what I was allergic to. Turns out I went to the allergist again and got tested for food. Sure enough I was allergic to get this...celery (which my Wonderpets addicted son made me plant) and lettuce (yes never have to eat that crap again!!!!!)
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information