User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I find it is hit and miss with the west end superstore. I have had a bunch of horrible exerience but also a bunch of great ones. I try not to shop there much when using coupons as it can be a real pain in the a**. I did have to make a complaint about a supervisor there when a product scanned in at the wrong price and she said "we know and there is nothing we are going to do about it". Well it got me a $20 gc from that. The manager Lori is very nice and wants to know when service is bad so she can fix it right away. Sorry you had a bad experience.
    *****Don't you wish you were earning free gifts and rewards too?*****
    Join me at SWAGBUCKS and you could earn $450 a year just like me AND ALSO
    Register with iRazoo where I have earned $135 in amazon gc's in under 4 months

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's ridiculous about the purchase/transaction, there's definitely a difference. It's totally lame to restrict one coupon per transaction, would be interested to hear what they say about that with management, keep us posted.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by brigittewells View Post
    On another note, has anyone had problems with the west end superstore not taking more than one coupon per transaction
    ?? I tried to buy 4 nexxus today and both the cashier and supervisor said no because it said "one per purchase". I explained the difference between a purchase and a transaction and the supervisor would not listen and kept raising her voice at me and calling me maam. Store manager will be hearing about this one! Must just not be my week!
    I had this problem at No Frills last weekend, I was totally patronized for trying to explain the difference between a purchase and a transaction and even offered to do 6 transactions to accomodate their interpretation of "one coupon per purchase". In response I was mocked with "you are going to pay 6 times just to save 50 cents?". I sent a complaint to Loblaws and I am waiting to hear back. I would suggest anyone having this problem complain not just to management but to head office and maybe Loblaws will come down on them from the top if they start to realize how much product isn't being purchased because staff don't understand what "one per purchase" means.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by brigittewells View Post
    So went to my local st.albert london drugs this morning. I am not a fan of the manager as he is difficult to deal with so i already wont go there to price match anything, but the cashiers have always been good to me.....except for today. Went up to customer service with my one pack of diapers and one pack of wipes, said hi then informed the lady i had a lot of coupons to use. She looked grumpy so I tried to lighten the mood and said "you must hate the sound of those words!" She did not crack a smile and she said "yes specially those women hoarders that come in here thinking they can get stuff for free with all their coupons".I pulled out my stack and said "well i'm hoping to get these almost free" She didnt say anything, i paid and left. I felt very belittled like she looked down on me and thought of me as a lesser human. On the plus side she was super fast with the coupons, lol. I wont be going back.

Good afternoon, my name is Ben and I am one of the senior members of the management team here at London Drugs St. Albert. I would like to take this opportunity to reach out to you as I am extremely disappointed by the way that you were treated and the service that you received on your recent visit to the store. Our goal is to ensure that each of our customers get a superior shopping experience whether they use coupons or not. I am interested in discussing this further and would like to invite you to contact me at the store @ (780) 944-4548. Your feedback and business is valuable and greatly appreciated.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

nice to see that you got a decent reply!the store encourages coupon use on the campany's blog they certainly don't hire people to discourage sales who would want to pay an employee money to be rude to customers and chase away the bottom line!
    Last edited by glenglen; Thu, Jul 14th, 2011 at 08:01 PM.

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

I wish more managers would visit Smart Canucks!! Good to know that customers being looked after behond the store visits!
    Quote Originally Posted by London Drugs St. Albert View Post

Good afternoon, my name is Ben and I am one of the senior members of the management team here at London Drugs St. Albert. I would like to take this opportunity to reach out to you as I am extremely disappointed by the way that you were treated and the service that you received on your recent visit to the store. Our goal is to ensure that each of our customers get a superior shopping experience whether they use coupons or not. I am interested in discussing this further and would like to invite you to contact me at the store @ (780) 944-4548. Your feedback and business is valuable and greatly appreciated.

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Wow! Amazing you came on and said this! Good on you! I might just be visiting your store soon!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Hi Ben, i must say i'm surprised and impressed that you not only are an sc member but you also responded to my post! I already have a very different impression of your store just from reading your response and i look forward to contacting you tomorrow

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Every time I go to that location during the day, the cashiers seem a bit crusty. The night and weekend shifts are much friendlier.

CheapArmyGal
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

This gives me some hope into these stores. I only wish that more management would realize that word of mouth is the BEST way of advertisment. But this is a double edged sword, its also the best way to put a business into ruins. I would have to say hats off to St Albert LD, I to have had problems there but I'm glad that you are willing to step up and correct the wrongs of some of your cashier!!

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Well Ben,

It is commendable that you addressed the alleged problem, it is also a smart business move on your part.

Using a free means to stress the importance of customer service at your store is actually quite brilliant.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just save yourselves any further grief and go directly to West Edm. Mall's LD. Honestly, they have some of the nicest cashiers there and their store management team is very 'pro- couponers'! Afterall, we bring in the business!!

I'm Delicious TheOriginalTruffles's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Bravo, Ben!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

'Ben', thank you for being the first member of ( LD) management to venture on this site as a SC member! Your efforts to help improve the 'cashier-customer' relationships in your store is greatly appreciated. Understandably the change won't happen over night. One can only hope that it happens. You have your hands full, good Luck Sir!

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Thanks Ben. I don't even know where St. Albert LD is, but it is great that a manager would take the pains to go to the SC forum, and actually make a post offering to help. A bouquet for BEN!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information