User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went out to refill my ink cartridges for my Epson printer and found out that I can't because of a new chip that the newer models have. This chip apparently has a 50/50 chance of reading the cartridge as empty even if you just refilled them so you have no choice but to buy new!!!
    Considering I bought my printer on sale I just spent more on the ink that what I did on the printer!!

I am not a happy camper!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Once we realized how fast our Epson went through ink, we did a LOT of research and got an HP - it's absolutely amazing how far the ink goes! Makes a HUGE difference!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'll keep that in mind - thank-you!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh god, Epson sucks. We had the same experience as you. We learned it was gonna be cheaper to buy a whole new printer than to purchase new cartridges for our old one. Wow. Great way to fill landfill sites, huh?

Trust me. natalka has it right when she says to get HP. We have an HP laser printer. It's more than 5 years old and works like a charm. We do A LOT of printing here and yet we only have to replace the cartridges about once a year...and there's a local place that will refill the laser cartridges for about 30 dollars. Laser printers will run you a little more money than an ink jet printer at the outset...but in the long run, it's totally worth it. You get WAY more bang for your buck with a laser.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How are laser printers with photos? I don't print a lot of them but still like to do it here and there.

...thanks Jimimaru, I'll book mark that site.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'd suggest go with a toner type printer.

It's slightly expensive to buy the machine [compare to ink] but cheaper on the long run if you don't print often. As toner uses a power substance instead of ink and toner can last many years without worrying of it drying out.

I currently using a color toner printer and I find printing out photos is really good
    Last edited by win-star; Mon, Jul 25th, 2011 at 04:03 PM.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by erin9mmm View Post
    How are laser printers with photos? I don't print a lot of them but still like to do it here and there.

Sorry. I don't know about laser printers and photos because our laser isn't a colour printer. We use it primarily for documents and reports etc and get our photos printed at Costco or WM.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I had the same complaint with a canon and their chip. My friend told me that to get around it, you need to put a new cartridge in 5 times, then you can put back the original refilled cartridge. The printer only stores so much chip information, then it thinks an old cartridge is new again. You can also buy a chip reader thingy from staples. I havent tried either yet, as I dont use a whole lot of ink.
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Okay, an update today....

Well I installed my expensive new cartridges and the black ink won't print . SO I perform the head cleaning and nozzle check (up to 4 times if necessary according to the manual) and NOTHING. Now, being a person who does not like to spend (get high on a deal but sick to my stomach for overspending) this was really making me upset so I called Epson for some help. They are going to send me a new printer. They don't even want the proof of purchase. I guess I made him feel sorry for me because when he asked if I remembered what date I bought it on all I said was that I know it was mid August because I spent my birthday money on it. My new printer should be here in a couple days. His niceness with me almost makes up for the crappy printer I bought in the first place!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Okay, an update today....

Well I installed my expensive new cartridges and the black ink won't print . SO I perform the head cleaning and nozzle check (up to 4 times if necessary according to the manual) and NOTHING. Now, being a person who does not like to spend (get high on a deal but sick to my stomach for overspending) this was really making me upset so I called Epson for some help. They are going to send me a new printer. They don't even want the proof of purchase. I guess I made him feel sorry for me because when he asked if I remembered what date I bought it on all I said was that I know it was mid August because I spent my birthday money on it. My new printer should be here in a couple days. His niceness with me almost makes up for the crappy printer I bought in the first place!

Oh, that's so good - so nice to get good, friendly customer service people when you really need them.

Sorry you're having such rotten luck with the printer... here's hoping it was a lemon and the new one is smooth sailing.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

U r welcome `~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Had epson as well,,, Now Hp and ink's cheaper..

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Erin, had an Epson printer also, got rid of it, ink cartridges were just too way expensive, my fault should have done more research before buying that product. Good to read that you were able to get a new printer, hope the new one works!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We have three printers in our house, and they are all HP. The one I just bought was on sale for $75 or so dollars a few months ago at Staples. Ink goes quite a way, I will admit in HP Printers.
    Total Savings: $652.98
    *Since the end of June*

Earn free money.....who doesn't love that?
    http://superpoints.com/wrpgs/9iyb7s

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I have a Lexmark Printer/Scanner/Fax and so far it's been no problem at all.
    Prints great pictures and I can refill the cartridges.

I will say the colour ink does run out quickly when im printing photos.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information