User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Update and a note:

We will be meeting at 2 p.m. in front of IGA. Please see my post #24 for more info.

Note: It is not too late to join us! But to avoid the situation we had at the April meeting, I ask 1) that you RSVP if you will be coming - just post in this thread or PM me. You are welcome to bring a guest. Even if you are just thinking about coming, please let me know; and 2) if you are lurking and planning to just show up, please don't. Please post or PM me - you will need to join SC to do that (if you are haven't already) Thanks for your understanding!

Silk

Original post:

Anyone interested in a Random Act of Coupon Kindness outing and mini-meeting next Saturday, July 30? (downtown event)

Like most of you, I love giving coupons away to other shoppers. Awhile ago I had this idea that it would be fun to get together with other Montreal SCers to do it. We can share the experience, talk about the reactions of the shoppers, etc. After seeing how many June expiry coupons I had to throw away, and with the July coupons expiring I thought this would be a good time!

What I was thinking is we could meet next Saturday afternoon in the food court at Alexis Nihon Plaza at about 2:00 p.m. Alexis Nihon Plaza is a good downtown mall for this because there’s an IGA, Pharmaprix, Canadian Tire, and Zellers. Everyone will bring their own coupons to RAOCK. We’ll meet first to discuss and decide how to carry out the event.

My initial thought is we would break into groups of 2-3 depending on how many people we are and each group will go into a different store to do RAOCKs for about 15 min. After that each group will move onto the next store to do RAOCKing there. We’ll rotate through all 4 stores and then meet back at an agreed upon time (about 1-1.5 hours later) and share our experiences!

This is just my vision of it – I would love to hear other ideas We can also do a coupon wishlist envelope exchange when we meet like we did at the April get-together. Also, I have some coupons sent to me by Montreal SCer Tvialls to share at the meeting with other SC Montrealers

We don’t need a lot of people to do this event (although the more the merrier!), so even if there are just a handful of us, this event can be a go

Anyone interested? I hope so – I got excited just writing about this!

ETA: I will do Updates to this event in this first post!

Silk
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire, IGA, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Zellers
    Last edited by Silk; Sat, Jul 30th, 2011 at 06:47 PM.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Anyone interested in a Random Act of Coupon Kindness outing and mini-meeting next Saturday, July 30? (downtown event)

Like most of you, I love giving coupons away to other shoppers. Awhile ago I had this idea that it would be fun to get together with other Montreal SCers to do it. We can share the experience, talk about the reactions of the shoppers, etc. After seeing how many June expiry coupons I had to throw away, and with the July coupons expiring I thought this would be a good time!

What I was thinking is we could meet next Saturday afternoon in the food court at Alexis Nihon Plaza at about 2:00 p.m. Alexis Nihon Plaza is a good downtown mall for this because there’s an IGA, Pharmaprix, Canadian Tire, and Zellers. Everyone will bring their own coupons to RAOCK. We’ll meet first to discuss and decide how to carry out the event.

My initial thought is we would break into groups of 2-3 depending on how many people we are and each group will go into a different store to do RAOCKs for about 15 min. After that each group will move onto the next store to do RAOCKing there. We’ll rotate through all 4 stores and then meet back at an agreed upon time (about 1-1.5 hours later) and share our experiences!

This is just my vision of it – I would love to hear other ideas We can also do a coupon wishlist envelope exchange when we meet like we did at the April get-together. Also, I have some coupons sent to me by Montreal SCer Tvialls to share at the meeting with other SC Montrealers

We don’t need a lot of people to do this event (although the more the merrier!), so even if there are just a handful of us, this event can be a go

Anyone interested? I hope so – I got excited just writing about this!

Silk
    I have no plan at this time, so maybe yes! We can met at Second Cup...

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Oh yay - I hope you can come, Annie! P.S. the Second Cup is on the street-level, not in the food court - did it use to be in the food court? (I rarely go to the food court although I shop at ANP very often.)

Silk

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I'm down. I'll keep checking back for details. Can't think of anything else I have that day. So count me and my fiance in

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hey ladies,

Would love to be a part of this but DH is getting a bit testy about my couponing and the fact that he has been asked one too many times to take care of DS while I shop LOL .

I hope for next time! Have a wonderful time.

BTW, I have been RAOKing all my July 31st coupons to people for a couple of weeks now and have to laugh at the astonishment and surprise on people's faces.

WOW!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ericaraina View Post
    I'm down. I'll keep checking back for details. Can't think of anything else I have that day. So count me and my fiance in
    Ok, great! I will post updates in the original post! I just edited my original post to say that Glad you and your fiance can make it!

Silk

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaK View Post
    Hey ladies,

Would love to be a part of this but DH is getting a bit testy about my couponing and the fact that he has been asked one too many times to take care of DS while I shop LOL .

I hope for next time! Have a wonderful time.

BTW, I have been RAOKing all my July 31st coupons to people for a couple of weeks now and have to laugh at the astonishment and surprise on people's faces.

WOW!
    Sorry to hear you can't make it, Georgia. If it's a success we'll do it again! I have fun giving out coupons when I'm alone so I think it will be even *funner* doing it with some Montreal SCers!

Silk

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I'll be gone then but i'll be giving my expiring coupons to ericaraina, so she can do it on my behalf if she goes!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Hi Silk!! This is such a great idea but Im sorry I wont be able to make it as I already had plans
    Have a great time though you guys!! If you can, create a post afterwards with some of the reactions from the customers who get these cpns!!

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Sorry i can't make it this time have company coming from out West and have plans for a big BBQ.Maybe next time
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    19 (95%)

I can't make it. I have an exchange student with us for the summer and we're taking her to the Biodome and Botanical garden that day. BUT! I have many July 31st coupon that I can give away. If someone from Longueuil would not mind to pick them up I could add to your piles.. I rather give them away then to throw them out. And who knows maybe one of you could use them as well..

Have a great day to you all. And please put some info afterwards. I'm really curious to find out how it went
    Earn free points, get a chance to win a great contest.. Follow this link it's worth you time I swear

Or this link as well for Quebec residents..Free GC and more..

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Sorry so many of you can't make it. But if people like the idea I'll plan another one Yes, I will post reactions I got and hopefully others will as well.

We're 3 1/2 people so far (Annie, I'm counting you as the 1/2 - let me know when you can confirm ) It's still early in the week but depending on how many we are, we may decide to stay together to do our RAOCKing

Silk

Trading Score
    19 (95%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Sorry so many of you can't make it. But if people like the idea I'll plan another one Yes, I will post reactions I got and hopefully others will as well.

We're 3 1/2 people so far (Annie, I'm counting you as the 1/2 - let me know when you can confirm ) It's still early in the week but depending on how many we are, we may decide to stay together to do our RAOCKing

Silk
    Silk I have a full bag of coupons for you guys.. WHO can come and pick-it up???
    Earn free points, get a chance to win a great contest.. Follow this link it's worth you time I swear

Or this link as well for Quebec residents..Free GC and more..

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by quebecqueen View Post
    Silk I have a full bag of coupons for you guys.. WHO can come and pick-it up???
    That is very nice of you, quebecqueen I'm not sure if anyone who is coming is around your area. Myself, I don't have a car and you're a bit far for me. Maybe someone else from Longeuil or nearby will decide to join us in the next couple of days

Silk

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I'm too far sorry i can't help!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information