User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I started university when I was 17 and I was 4 hours away from home for it as my program is only offered in 2 places in ontario and I chose to go to the farther one as it had a better program. It's hard but you get used it.
    TWO 20% KONG PRODUCT AVAILABLE FOR TRADE<dl style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-size: 14px; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; width: 881px; clear: both; "></dl>

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Life changes are hard no matter how old you are but in the grand scheme of things, going to college, even young, is nothing. Once you are in college, you will wonder why you worried

Things like the bombing in Oslo can really put stuff into perspective, nothing I have gone through can compare to how those people must be feeling this week and all the little things we worry about, we could spend our time much more wisely with family etc
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Life changes are hard no matter how old you are but in the grand scheme of things, going to college, even young, is nothing. Once you are in college, you will wonder why you worried

Things like the bombing in Oslo can really put stuff into perspective, nothing I have gone through can compare to how those people must be feeling this week and all the little things we worry about, we could spend our time much more wisely with family etc
    Great post.

I went back to school full time September 2001.
    The prof told us that we could leave the university at 10 AM because of an "incident" in New York City. This was 9/11.

I got to Union Station in Toronto at 11 AM. We were told that the last scheduled GO train to Oshawa was leaving at noon. I got on and we were packed liked sardines.

Yup. Perspective.True dat.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

wanna trade I will gladly go back to college then go to work...

People I work with are all in their late 40s early 50s...and they can't wait to retire...as so they keep saying no matter how many breaks I go on with them they have to talk about how they cannot wait to retire so ya wonder why with all this talk haven't they made the steps to do so?

Lately all I have since my workplace accident is "your young...too early start to feeling old and that you got miles ahead of you before you are old". Because after the accident I got whip lash with jaw problems, my nose is still swollen, recurring flickers of the event. But as I can say you are never too young to feel old...since its either physical or even a state of mind.

PS I love Peter Pan's I never want to grow up...

I am the secret Toys r us kid...
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Congrats on college. I wish you all the best in your post-secondary education endeavors. Before you know it you'll be making new memories.

I'd gladly do college again that was so fun. It would be cool if we had remote like the movie Click and could rewind or pause any moment of our lives.

“For one bad night there are a thousand amazing nights” - Gavin DeGraw

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks frugal ! and everyone who posted here
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I remember it first hitting me when I worked in an office the summer after Grade 12. A recently-separated maintenance guy of about thirty started hitting on me. I was 17. I really wanted to return to the "protected status" of a high school student!

I actually remember feeling embarrassed to be a university student. I kind of thought people considered university students "bums". I was self-conscious whenever walking into an office or a store. I desperately wanted to be considered a productive member of society!

That month and a half between university graduation and landing a teaching contract was hard. I felt sick the whole time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information