User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think I sound like a 10 year old when I say I don't want to grow up!

I'm like worshiping this summer because starting september I finish up my last of my credits and by early next year (jan/feb) i'm in college.

Like what the bleep, college?!? Me??!?

I don't want this summer to end.

Thank you for letting me rant. It's actually quite bothersome. Everyone just says 'well you have to grow up sometime' yeah well, i'm doing it before everyone else my age, it's... weird. None of my friends have to think about college this seriously, or all the details with that. (and none need their parents signature for college because they're under 18!!! )

My friends have to literally pry me out of the house to have fun because i'm so caught up in finishing this, doing that ..

I feel old. Soon i'm going to get wrinkly and have grey hair.
    oh wait, i already do have grey hair (a stacy london type strip of it).

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Ahhhh Bella, I would gladly trade you your age lol. But I do understand what you mean as my son who is 2 years younger is already stressing about growing up, it scares him, and I'm very serious when I say this. May I ask why you are flying into college so fast? I mean it is awesome that you are!!! You've obviously got a good head on yer shoulders and you are starting out life right I wish I would have done what you are doing, but my life got sidetracked. I did do school, and was 6 months away from my career choice but decided not too. What about a lil break after high school? You sound ultra stressed for a young lady your age
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I felt that way too when I graduated from high school. But I had no idea what I wanted to do. I ended up taking a year off and then going to college and had a nervous break down when I graduated from that and really had to go out into the real world.
    It ended up not being as bad as I thought it would be though. Just put one foot in front of the other and see where you end up. You already know what you want to do right now. So focus on that. If it doesn't work out or you need to slow down or take a step back, you can figure that out when you get there. You're doing just fine!

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Sorry your so stressed about it but its understandable....Just take a day at a time & do the best you can. I'd love to trade with you (I'm 49yrs, lol). Do you know what you want for a career?? if so thats great! If not than maybe speak to a career counsellor etc.
    The unknown can be scary but it will all work out for the best!! One day at a time is all you can do & hope for the best!!

Enjoy the summer & have lots of fun!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, see, we understand!

I remember my last summer after Grade 12 working before going off to university - I couldn't wait, because I was so excited about moving away and meeting new people, discovering new things, etc. I was working as a cashier at The Met (which was a dept store in the mall), and had a fun summer doing that.

Now, I'm dealing with my son having only a week of work left before he starts going to tech school in August - he's very excited about getting started, which is wonderful!

Wishing you all the best, Bella!

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by carlyincanada View Post
    Sorry your so stressed about it but its understandable....Just take a day at a time & do the best you can. I'd love to trade with you (I'm 49yrs, lol). Do you know what you want for a career?? if so thats great! If not than maybe speak to a career counsellor etc.
    The unknown can be scary but it will all work out for the best!! One day at a time is all you can do & hope for the best!!

Are you kidding? life begins at 50... I would never want to be 17 again, especially in the year 2011! we were blessed to be teenagers in the 1970's ... I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Canadianbella, I sometime work with 17 to 25 year olds.

They face the same stuff you do -- growing up, thinking about college, what to do with the rest of their life.

One 18 year old, finished grade 12 and took one more semester in high school getting extra credits. Then she worked for 6 months and saved some money. She put in her applications to colleges and university when she worked those 6 months.

She was accepted to all. She went to all the campus visits.
    At the school she chose, one of the campus people told her that her application stood out because of her extra high school course work, her community volunteer work, her work at Home Hardware, her reference from Home Hardware and her maturity.

Just wanted to give a story to help out.

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

I don't have any advice for you Bella, just that I know how you feel. Moving from your cocoon (home/routine) to college/new job/out of the house is very stressfull.

Okay I guess I do have some advice; try to look forward to each new thing that comes your way and don't think about 'growing up'. It's not like the fun stops when you turn 18. Enjoy the NOW and don't concern yourself to much with the future.
    ((hugs))
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

How far away is college going to be from your home?

For me, it was an hour and a half away - and I had no car, so took the bus home probably once a month for a visit. Note - this was pre-internet, so letters kept us in touch, as phoning was really expensive, and calls were rare!

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Oh Bella I remember that anxiety, nervousness etc -- but try to enjoy it now as much as possible - because as you get older time goes quicker and quicker!

I feel like yesterday I was 17 now I'm married with two kids...and lots of gray hair...but luckily not too many wrinkles yet!

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

I am 47. but my mind, heart and soul do not feel that old..its just the d@m body that does lol'
    Getting old is something I fear, will I be able to function, will I still be able to think logically, etc..so I have decided I am not going to get old..no matter how long I live..I will remain young inside and heck there's hair dye to cover those greys lol
    Im already 100% naturally dyed brunette
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by recessionisnotfun View Post
    Ahhhh Bella, I would gladly trade you your age lol. But I do understand what you mean as my son who is 2 years younger is already stressing about growing up, it scares him, and I'm very serious when I say this. May I ask why you are flying into college so fast? I mean it is awesome that you are!!! You've obviously got a good head on yer shoulders and you are starting out life right I wish I would have done what you are doing, but my life got sidetracked. I did do school, and was 6 months away from my career choice but decided not too. What about a lil break after high school? You sound ultra stressed for a young lady your age
    I'm going into college fast because i'm finishing high school faster. That was my choice. **shaking my head** I'm scared if I don't go into college as soon as I finish HS, then I wont go at all, if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by carlyincanada View Post

I do! Hairdressing to start, then other things around that.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    How far away is college going to be from your home?

For me, it was an hour and a half away - and I had no car, so took the bus home probably once a month for a visit. Note - this was pre-internet, so letters kept us in touch, as phoning was really expensive, and calls were rare!
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyC View Post
    Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional
    It's about a 10-15 minute drive Not far, but it's a private college so it's not a dorms type thing.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hey, you get to stay at home, then! At least you don't have the added anxiety of leaving family.... that's great!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Ah, I know how you feel!
    I graduated at 16, but was doing college courses at 15 (it was part of a program at my school, with the local college: You could do the courses over the summer and if you went there, you got credited for those).
    And now look...I'm a mommy, to *2* kids!
    It seems like life flies by. ._.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information