User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I will never participate in SC's Refer a Friend unless there was full disclosure regarding the disposition of all the referral points earned by the volunteer group leaders.

Great event as a group "member". But can't say the same if you're a volunteer group leader.

I like SC for SDM's deals but I am not a fan of this event.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ruggerbugger View Post
    hmmmm, interesting does anyone have a link to the group thing? I have no idea what it is you guys did, but sounds really interesting!
    I posted this brief explanation about the Tell-a-Friend event in another thread...

Tell-a-Friend event is a big deal on SC!!

The idea is that one person is a group leader and sends out invitations to 10 friends (SCers!!) to sign up in that group. Everyone signs up and agrees to shop on the day of the event (usually a small amount $20 or $25). About two weeks later, everyone who shopped gets approximately 5,000 just for the shop. The group leader gets 50,000 points if the whole group shops and when it is confirmed that everyone shopped, the group leader divides the points among the shoppers (usually around 4500 points each). That's it..a fun and easy way to get approx. 10,000 points.

We haven't heard A THING about an upcoming event but some people are speculating (hoping) that we might have one in August because we did last year!!

Last time we had almost 80 groups with 11 people in each group....that's a whole lot of shopping...and money for SDM. Imagine the enormity of the task to organize this event on SC.

Keep your eyes open here because SCers usually get the first inkling about anything SDM related!!

baggypants

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzeebelle View Post
    I also received this e-mail and wasn't happy that she had kept my info for her own use afer the event was over
    I was surprised but after all the hard work she did organizing the event I didn't really care.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

She only sent 1 email asking for a favour in voting so it's no big deal to me. I hope there's another RAF event soon.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by baggypants View Post
    I posted this brief explanation about the Tell-a-Friend event in another thread...

Tell-a-Friend event is a big deal on SC!!

The idea is that one person is a group leader and sends out invitations to 10 friends (SCers!!) to sign up in that group. Everyone signs up and agrees to shop on the day of the event (usually a small amount $20 or $25). About two weeks later, everyone who shopped gets approximately 5,000 just for the shop. The group leader gets 50,000 points if the whole group shops and when it is confirmed that everyone shopped, the group leader divides the points among the shoppers (usually around 4500 points each). That's it..a fun and easy way to get approx. 10,000 points.

We haven't heard A THING about an upcoming event but some people are speculating (hoping) that we might have one in August because we did last year!!

Last time we had almost 80 groups with 11 people in each group....that's a whole lot of shopping...and money for SDM. Imagine the enormity of the task to organize this event on SC.

Keep your eyes open here because SCers usually get the first inkling about anything SDM related!!

baggypants
    Thanks for that explanation. Sounds like something I would be up for doing!

Trading Score
    32 (97%)

I would do that..put me in...I have a card but I would love to do a group

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ssbean View Post
    I was surprised but after all the hard work she did organizing the event I didn't really care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    She only sent 1 email asking for a favour in voting so it's no big deal to me. I hope there's another RAF event soon.

Agreed. I didn't really care. I actually voted for whatever it was she was asking. It's not like she gave away our info to other companies to spam us.
    I've participated in the last 3 RAF events and have been very happy with the results and how it was run. I was in charge of 2 groups last time and it was quite a bit of work just to do that, so I CAN'T imagine how much work Cyanne put into it. If she asked me to vote for something for her weekly or daily (which I hate doing), I probably would because she deserves it for taking on the RAF event every time. Thanks Cyanne!!
    Want FREE Gifts and gift cards each month!? Just search the web - so easy to use! Please join me on Swagbucks!
    If you need help or have any questions, please feel free to message me.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherbear609 View Post
    I would do that..put me in...I have a card but I would love to do a group
    We haven't received anything about this event...we are just speculating that one might be coming up because there was one last year around this time...

You will see tons of info on here when the next event is happening!!

Stay tuned!!

baggypants

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I've had great experiences with these events! I got the email from Cyanne as well. I wasn't at all upset about it! She put in a LOT of work on these events! If you didn't want to vote for her thing... delete the email, issue over. As another poster pointed out... it's not like our email addresses were sold to some spam company! Sheesh! Calm down!

Join Swagbucks and earn points for FREE prizes!!! (PM me with any questions!!!)
    http://swagbucks.com/refer/mccullp

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shopoholic View Post
    I've had great experiences with these events! I got the email from Cyanne as well. I wasn't at all upset about it! She put in a LOT of work on these events! If you didn't want to vote for her thing... delete the email, issue over. As another poster pointed out... it's not like our email addresses were sold to some spam company! Sheesh! Calm down!
    I am not getting excited I only said I wasn't happy about it....

I like the events and think Cyanne and group leaders did an awesome job !! I would participate again !

having done this 3x now I would step up to be a group leader this time around
    Last edited by Jezebel; Mon, Jul 25th, 2011 at 11:44 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pateyface View Post
    Agreed. I didn't really care. I actually voted for whatever it was she was asking. It's not like she gave away our info to other companies to spam us.
    I've participated in the last 3 RAF events and have been very happy with the results and how it was run. I If she asked me to vote for something for her weekly or daily (which I hate doing), I probably would because she deserves it for taking on the RAF event every time. Thanks Cyanne!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by pateyface View Post
    I've participated in the last 3 RAF events and have been very happy with the results and how it was run. I was in charge of 2 groups last time and it was quite a bit of work just to do that, so I CAN'T imagine how much work Cyanne put into it. If she asked me to vote for something for her weekly or daily (which I hate doing), I probably would because she deserves it for taking on the RAF event every time. Thanks Cyanne!!
    Can't agree with you more. It was absoulutely no big deal to me and I voted for Cyanne.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ssbean View Post
    Ditto. I would not be surprised if she asked for and got permission from Boo to do that. Either way, like someone said, she only sent 1 email. I hope Cyanne continues to run the event - it's a big job and is incredible of her to take it on

But I did mind the repeated emails I got from the person who was my group leader. She sent several emails trying to get us to buy things, sign up for things, etc. I understand she is not an SCer.

I would like to see all group leaders agree not to spam the group members... And I would like to see only SCers used for group leaders. It means, though, that more people will have to step up. But I think a requirement should be that you've participated in a RAF event before.

And as for the extra points that the group leaders got, I don't begrudge them that. As far as I know, they are not told or guaranteed they will get extra points, or how many.

My three cents (adjusted for inflation ).

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Mon, Jul 25th, 2011 at 08:07 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I was a group leader and our group was doing so great!
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

jes
    Female
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    62 (100%)

How do these groups work? I know the basics of the RAF events, but how do SCers do it? How many points are we talking about?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information