User Tag List

Page 1023 of 1398 FirstFirst ... 23 523 923 973 1013 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1033 1073 1123 ... LastLast
Results 15,331 to 15,345 of 20968
Like Tree19437Likes

Thread: Which Contests have you won

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse82 View Post
    Just a quick question... I won a Cake Beauty Gift Pack from the Icoke contest about a month, a month and a half ago... I haven't receieved it. Anyone know when Coke usually sends those things out, and now with the postal strike will they just wait until that's over to send it, or send it by alternate means?

Thanks everyone! Congrats on all the great wins! Love seeing what you all are winning! It inspires me to keep entering contests, even though it's been a pretty slow year for me.
    I won something from coke recently and it did take 6-8 weeks but they shipped mine through purolator so it was not affected by the strike. I imagine yours will be the same

my mail box is poppin cosmicgaia's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Soozle View Post
    Wow.. so I want some fellow contesters opinion on this. I won a prize a few weeks ago on a blog (very low entries - about 10) and won the same prize package again on a different blog (with high entries) today.

I checked into the blog that I won on today to check for any additional information and saw someone had posted this below in the comments:
    "Soozle Cheats says:
    June 17, 2011 at 8:55 am
    I held my tongue to see if soozle would win, and surprise surprise he or she did.
    Soozle has already won this giveaway on other blogs on the book tour… I find it unfair for those of us who have not won …. just saying"

I was SHOCKED to say the least. A) How could someone cheat with random draws? B)I utilize as many contest entries available to me (IE Liking the blog host on FB, voting daily on Picket Fence blogs, subscribing to newsletters) to give myself greater chances.. but really, it's luck of the draw.

How would you handle this? Ignore the post? Post a polite reply defending myself stating basically what I said that it's a random draw and I use the options to vote daily, etc to increase my odds? Telling the person to suck it up (okay, I would never do that, but I almost feel like it)? Contacting the blog host?

I'm very disappointed that someone would stoop to such a low, actually. I enter MANY contests and don't win the majority of them... I don't think that someone who say uses twitter for a daily entry (which I don't) is 'cheating'.. I may be disappointed I didn't win, but I know their odds are better with a daily entry verses my few.. I know this one person being a sore loser shouldn't bother me, but it really does..
    I can see how someone would be upset by the same person winning the same prize twice ,BUT if it was won fair and square on your part randomly you have no control over that! I would reply politely to them and leave it at that.
    Good reason to use a different or variations of your user name so sore losers cant blog stalk you!! lol
    Sorry you have to deal with this but double congrats on the wins!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow.. so I want some fellow contesters opinion on this. I won a prize a few weeks ago on a blog (very low entries - about 10) and won the same prize package again on a different blog (with high entries) today.

I checked into the blog that I won on today to check for any additional information and saw someone had posted this below in the comments:
    "Soozle Cheats says:
    I held my tongue to see if soozle would win, and surprise surprise he or she did.
    Soozle has already won this giveaway on other blogs on the book tour… I find it unfair for those of us who have not won …. just saying"

I was SHOCKED to say the least. A) How could someone cheat with random draws? B)I utilize as many contest entries available to me (IE Liking the blog host on FB, voting daily on Picket Fence blogs, subscribing to newsletters) to give myself greater chances.. but really, it's luck of the draw.

How would you handle this? Ignore the post? Post a polite reply defending myself stating basically what I said that it's a random draw and I use the options to vote daily, etc to increase my odds? Telling the person to suck it up (okay, I would never do that, but I almost feel like it)? Contacting the blog host?

I'm very disappointed that someone would stoop to such a low, actually. I enter MANY contests and don't win the majority of them... I don't think that someone who say uses twitter for a daily entry (which I don't) is 'cheating'.. I may be disappointed I didn't win, but I know their odds are better with a daily entry verses my few.. I know this one person being a sore loser shouldn't bother me, but it really does..
    I would contact the blog owner. I own a blog and would prefer to be told about such a comment in case I didn't notice, so I could remove it. I would consider it spam.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

My husband won a Gatorade waterbottle.
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

St.KittsGal
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I won some Hollywood movie money (movie passes) today with the Disney.com Cars 2 contest which is neat. I never win anything but I got addicted to contests recently thanks to this site. I posted the contest on the site today.

Good luck to everyone - I hope we have more instant winners or maybe a grand prize winner!

macfsh
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

"Soozle Cheats says:

I would be upset too. That's mean. I would contact the blog host and see if they will address it - other than ignore it. If you enter two seperate contests for the same book and happen to win them both well then lucky you! That's a coincidence - not cheating. And now you can share a copy with a friend or donate it - whatever - your business.

Don't let it get you down.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

hubbie won Gatorade bottle
    Join Swagbucks and earn free amazon and paypal gift cards
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cjnickerson

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Horndogg View Post
    My husband won a Gatorade waterbottle.
    Quote Originally Posted by P&L's mom View Post
    hubbie won Gatorade bottle
    Mine did, too! Gosh, how about me winning one under my name? sheesh!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

You have been selected as the winner of a Kuru Toga Mechanical Pencil. This prize has an approximate retail value of $7.99.

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

congrats winners, good luck everyone
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good Day today, won another set of spinner.ca speakers and also won passes to Cars 2 in Ottawa through criticize this. My son is very excited (but not as much as I am)
    Canadian Dad - My life as a Dad. Reviews, Giveaways and much, much more!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

"Soozle Cheats says:

I have won many books from blog contest but one of the publisher has a rule is you will only receive the same book once no matter how many blog contests you had won from.

Your name was chosen by the blogger, I don't see how you can cheat. There are so many jealous people out there.

Oops. Found the post. And that person use a NEW created name to post. Just laugh at her face.

That person could be a lurker in this forum too.
    Last edited by emmafb; Mon, Jun 20th, 2011 at 02:27 AM.

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

5th gatorade bottle lol
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Congratulations! You're a winner in the uni-ball Instant Upgrade promotion, administered by ePrize.

You have been selected as the winner of a Kuru Toga Mechanical Pencil. This prize has an approximate retail value of $7.99.

Trading Score
    68 (97%)

"Soozle Cheats says:

Wow! I'm sorry as a blogger, and a contester, that someone posted such a lousy comment. If I were you I'd contact Stacie and get the comment removed. I find it odd that its such a small and random giveaway that drew that kind of reply! You must be doing something right with those lucky horseshoes if you won twice! Congrats soozle and don't let the sore loser bug you!

Thread Information