User Tag List

Page 480 of 1398 FirstFirst ... 380 430 470 478 479 480 481 482 490 530 580 980 ... LastLast
Results 7,186 to 7,200 of 20968
Like Tree19437Likes

Thread: Which Contests have you won

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by fierce_angel_6000 View Post
    I just recently won about $100 worth of spa products from a U.S. blog contest.

I know I should be happy but instead I'm kind of bummed out and really upset.

Why? Here's the story:

I received the e-mail from the blog owner informing me of my win. I thanked her and asked her how the prize might be shipped and requested that it might be shipped via USPS/Canada Post instead of UPS to avoid me having to pay huge brokerage fees on a free prize (I've had to pay surprise brokerage fees of over $70 on $20 items in the past ).

I don't think she fully understood the issue with UPS brokerage fees, but without my knowing she became offended and decided to twitter/gossip about it with other people...how I was being cheap, telling her how to perform her giveaway, basically insulting me and my request, when I meant no harm and only wanted to receive a prize free and not incur huge fees on it. She thought that I was implying that she would be charging me fees to receive my prize...but I tried to explain to her...NO it's UPS who charges the huge fees! Please go with U.S. Postal Service instead!

So now she's spread the story to her friends and they've insulted me behind my back..when I really meant no harm..The hurtful part is that I can actually read their comments about me online.

Was I out of line? I reread my e-mails and they were fully explained, diplomatic, and I expressed my thanks to her many times. Ah, this win leaves such a bad taste...I don't like causing trouble, people talking behind me back. This win is so upsetting
    Well I could leave a comment on her blog about the ridiculous brokerage fees I have had to pay, and how the ups guy said he wont order ANYTHING if they are shipping Canada Post!!! It wouldn't be a win if you have to pay those ridiculous fees anyhow! You should send her another e-mail telling her your sorry that you have offended her, that wasn't your intent- she'll probably feel stupid!
    Last edited by amyt0915; Sun, May 31st, 2009 at 02:42 PM.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kaetyg View Post
    I'll try.... wonder what kind of trade I could make !!!
    hey i have a FPC for neutrogena

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by fierce_angel_6000 View Post
    I just recently won about $100 worth of spa products from a U.S. blog contest.

I know I should be happy but instead I'm kind of bummed out and really upset.

Why? Here's the story:

I received the e-mail from the blog owner informing me of my win. I thanked her and asked her how the prize might be shipped and requested that it might be shipped via USPS/Canada Post instead of UPS to avoid me having to pay huge brokerage fees on a free prize (I've had to pay surprise brokerage fees of over $70 on $20 items in the past ).

I don't think she fully understood the issue with UPS brokerage fees, but without my knowing she became offended and decided to twitter/gossip about it with other people...how I was being cheap, telling her how to perform her giveaway, basically insulting me and my request, when I meant no harm and only wanted to receive a prize free and not incur huge fees on it. She thought that I was implying that she would be charging me fees to receive my prize...but I tried to explain to her...NO it's UPS who charges the huge fees! Please go with U.S. Postal Service instead!

So now she's spread the story to her friends and they've insulted me behind my back..when I really meant no harm..The hurtful part is that I can actually read their comments about me online.

Was I out of line? I reread my e-mails and they were fully explained, diplomatic, and I expressed my thanks to her many times. Ah, this win leaves such a bad taste...I don't like causing trouble, people talking behind me back. This win is so upsetting
    I'd also like to read/comment on what these ppl are saying!
    Re-use, Recyle and Repurpose!

Junior Canuck fierce_angel_6000's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks guys for the support. It makes me feel a little better.

After reading the comments about me, I e-mailed her back and apologized, but she hasn't replied to me since. I think she's still mad but I don't understand what for...

I tried to fully explain to her about brokerage fees for UPS, but I think she thinks that I'm lying. I wouldn't be surprised if I lost my win, because it doesn't appear to be going well.

And she's still upset and talking about me online with her friends....I don't understand...I don't want to write anything reply back anymore because she's taking this entirely the wrong way...

Here's the e-mail exchange. Please let me know what you think...

-------------------
    Me to her
    --------------------

Hi _____,

Thanks so much for replying back to me so quickly!

Would it be possible to find out the method that the prize is being shipped? The reason why I ask, is because I'm afraid of the huge brokerage fees that (say UPS) charges for items that cross the US-Canada border. Hopefully the package can be shipped via USPS or say Purolator (no fees generally), instead of UPS.

If not, and the brokerage fee is too much I may have to give up and allow another winner to claim the prize, since I can't afford the huge fees that UPS and others charge me for parcels that cross the border (I've been charged brokerage fees of $50+ on items costing $20 in the past).

Please let me know because I know that my deadline to get back to you is tomorrow night (Sunday), and much much thanks for this wonderful giveaway!

------------
    Her to Me
    -----------

Hello _____,

To be honest I'm not quite sure! It depends on what's convenient for the sponsor - I'd generally believe it to be UPS. I was hoping we could have your info and choices right away so I could get your package to you swiftly. Could you please explain the whole brokerage fee thing?

--------------
    Me to Her
    --------------

Hi ____,

I reread my e-mails again. I hope my shipping request wasn't taken the wrong way, and didn't sound like I was telling you what to do...

Hopefully you're not offended. Just I've had bad experiences ordering things from Ebay, and so I've learnt from past incidents.

I'll just wait and see if they charge me fees, but hopefully they won't.

Please don't be offended because I get the feeling that I have. It's just a small request that reduces the fees for myself and you.

Again, thank you for the giveaway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I mentioned that I'd be sharing my prize with my Mom, and now she thinks I'm regifting her prize to my Mom, when it's not like that....she won't reply back to me and I'm still being talked about behind my back ((((

Leaves such a bad taste, I really want my prize, but I'm so close to saying "forget it, give it to someone else; I don't want this insult"
    Last edited by fierce_angel_6000; Sun, May 31st, 2009 at 02:58 PM.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mom4boys1girl View Post
    hey i have a FPC for neutrogena

I'll have to think about it ....

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

fierce, I think you dealt with it very well, and as long as you can convince her it is cheaper for her..
    Re-use, Recyle and Repurpose!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Moongalz View Post
    fierce, I think you dealt with it very well, and as long as you can convince her it is cheaper for her..
    Thanks Moongalz. I think I'll just wait and see if I'll get the win, but it's not looking good because I think she's miffed at me, so confused

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I lost the win and found out by a new blog entry congratulating the new winner (not me). All I could do was gracefully congratulate the new winner.

Oh well.

I dealt with the matter as an adult. She chose to misconstrue the meaning of my words, but I've done all I could.

Next time, I'll try to not apply to contests where the blog writers are immature in case they get hormonal and decide *suprise* to find a new winner.

At least I can leave the matter knowing that she has wronged, and I have dealt with it in a mature manner.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Fierce-- your emails were nothing short of polite and straightforward.. I don't know how what you asked could be mistaken for an insult. Frankly this woman sounds like an id**t and is not acting in a professional manner. Perhaps she shouldn't have giveaways on her blog if she is not even familiar with the postal service in North America or won't even give you a chance to explain. To talk behind your back and then give your prize to someone else-- what a doorknob.. I'm sorry you didn't get your prize but I hope you don't feel like you acted improperly on top of that because you certainly didn't.. You made a simple and sensible request and she was too blind to see that! Ugh makes me mad...
    Win sweet prizes just for searching!!I have won $200 in GC's for amazon.ca from swagbucks! http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298645

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

What blog? I honestly want to check it out- Promise I wont say anything!!!

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amyt0915 View Post
    What blog? I honestly want to check it out- Promise I wont say anything!!!
    I know it sounds interesting but please don't encourage traffic to her website if she is like that...bloggers make money based on traffic.
    2010: won $4050 in contests! 2011: won $2160 in contests! 2012: won $86 in contests! 2013: won $137 in contests!
    Earned $320 so far in amazon gift cards on Swagbucks.com !
    Check out Cheapniks blog: Living Rich On The Cheap

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

hey fierce could you pm me the blog so I can stay away from giveaways from them in the future def don't want to give them traffic for treating candians like that totally rude
    I have no idea what my makeup is being shipped as I am hoping not UPS because its worth $127 but they said two weeks and its now four and I haven't seen anything yet but am still crossing fingers its not coming UPS

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

Way to go on the wins, kaetyg sounds like you and your daughter are gonna have a blast, big time Congrats, and fierce angel, sorry to hear about the blog contest, you were right in your request, and if the blogger took it the wrong way, too bad for her.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I finally won on the pepsi.ca photo contest!! 125 entries before i got a win....but perseverance paid off

MissBobloblaw RULES
    and so do my new GREEN shoes

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I just got this in my email, yay!

You have been declared a winner in the Flintstones® Multi-Vitamins - Top Scoring Taste Contest.
    Your prize is a Fun Bowling Package consisting of a cheque in the amount of $35.00 CDN. This cheque is intended to cover the cost of 1 hour of bowling and shoe rental for 4 people (the "Prize") and will be mailed to you within the next 6 to 8 weeks.
    Open a Tangerine bank account (formerly ING ) using my Orange Key (14507658S1), deposit $100 and we both get $25! Right now, receive up to $150 in bonuses and earn 2.50% interest!

Thread Information