User Tag List

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I keep it in stock all the time, so many useful purposes. My 3.5 year old knows he can just grab it and go to town.

- lots of colors
    - easy to store
    - cheap! white is 2/$1, colors are $1 each
    - can crayon, paint, mark, cut, glue, staple....

Bristol Board, I love you!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good for you! For us, that would have been out of our price range (sounds cheap per sheet, but they would have added up!) at the time when our son was that age - but he used backs of posters, calendars, etc. - always had a blast!
    Anything can spur that creativity!

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

It does add up Natalka! In the grand scheme of things for me, I'm not paying for daycare, playgroups or anything, so for me Bristol Board is small change next to potential expenses like that. It is cheaper than floors and walls too. LOL

I'm stocking up on crayons, glue, new scissors with the BTS sales on now too, for the next year.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I have been stocking up too. But not from buying the crayons. Little man (26 mos) likes to get messy. Everytime we go to a restaurant with crayons & an activity sheet he tends to get the crayons so messy, the restaurant doesn't want them back. We were away on Vacay a couple of weeks ago and came home with 24 crayons!!! LOL.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matty's mom View Post
    I have been stocking up too. But not from buying the crayons. Little man (26 mos) likes to get messy. Everytime we go to a restaurant with crayons & an activity sheet he tends to get the crayons so messy, the restaurant doesn't want them back. We were away on Vacay a couple of weeks ago and came home with 24 crayons!!! LOL.
    I keep those in a baggie in my purse, along with a small notepad and pen. Great for waiting rooms or lines when you have a request from the little guys to draw a dump truck or other machine.

I was in Staples today and saw a huge pad (3ft x1 1/2 2 ft??) of newsleaf paper (the stuff newspaper is made of). $9.04. Debating it vs the bristol board for a change.

mle
    Female
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    It does add up Natalka! In the grand scheme of things for me, I'm not paying for daycare, playgroups or anything, so for me Bristol Board is small change next to potential expenses like that. It is cheaper than floors and walls too. LOL
    LOL

Just a tip, bristol boards + old magazines/catalogues make for great collages It's also a good opportunity for practicing with safety scissors once they get to preschool age. It's also fun to see what they cut out, and they can get a little creative in making scenes, spelling things with letters they cut out, etc.

Thread Information