User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Note to all Burlington shoppers that want to take up this deal....

My friend and I went into the No Frills on Guelph Line (Rob's no frills) after my purchase was put through the manager told me she had made a mistake and that she was only supposed to let me use 6 coupons (I had 18). She told me she would "let it go this time" but that my friend was only allowed to get 6.

As we left the store my friend (Hanmermom) looked up the No Frills coupon policy and it does not state anywhere about limiting amount of coupons.

We went back into the store and asked to speak to a manager, A pleasant lady named Jenny came out to talk to us with an email of a new part of the policy that states that in simple terms that stores reserve the right to only offer a "reasonable family limit". Then beside written in pen it said 6 items.

When we asked for a copy of the policy she refused. She proceeded to tell us that this policy was put in place to discourage "our kind of extreme couponing" from bringing business into their store.

When we left the store I called head office for an explanation of the coupon policy. Again the lady was very pleasant and basically told me it is up to the store to decide what is reasonable and that it is up to interpretation by the owner as to what a reasonable limit is.

She then gave me the heads up that in the future I need to be aware that I may be asked to move to a different cash register so that my extreme couponing does not inconvenience any other customers.

All in all the CSR's were pleasant and just following the rules. I feel as though the problem lies in telling us "our kind" are not welcome and that my kind of shopping is an inconvenience to others. Really what is the difference between me buying 18 bars of soap with 18 coupons and a mother or father of 3 buying their full cart of food for the week?
    The next day my friend went to our other No Frill location on Brant street where they processed the coupons with no question.

Needless to say, Rob’s No Frills will not have my business in the future!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matchstix View Post
    which location? i was at rundles on southdale yesterday and they didnt have much on the shelf... im expecting more coupons in a trade and need to know which one to go to! thanks~!
    Hi Matchstix...I was at the NF on Fanshawe/Wonderland..and today I am checking out the NF on baseline.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

They get reimbursed though, like I don't understand why stores hate coupons. They advertised that price obviously wanting people to buy it! You would think they would encourage couponers because it just gains business for the store anyways! It's not like 18 similar coupons take too long to process ... you jsut read the first one and check the dates.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I think every NF has "we reserve the right to limit quantities" near the entrance door.

My sis-in-law is a cashier at a local store (smaller one). They usually limit quantities to 6 (with or without coupons).

I go to one of the larger NF stores with boxes and boxes of stock piled high. They have never enforced the 6 limit, however if I redeem more than 9 coupons at one time, the manager needs to come over and over-ride the till.

So depending on my mood, I just go back the next day with another 9 coupons, then back the next day etc.

If I don't have time to do this, then I'll just redeem as many coupons as I like, and get he over-ride.

I don't think they're targeting couponers, because I've seen small variety store owners try to stock up on pop etc when it's really low, and they get the same shpeel as us - "we have a limit of 6".

Never met a dog or coupon I didn't like.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I think that limiting is totally normal and stores should and DO do it if they choose. Shoppers for example usually puts a limit. It just made us feel like we were scammers trying steal the stores business or something. So silly.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I tried to PM at zeller's they do not have this size though... owell congrats to everyone who found them yay!!!! almost fr4ee sopa!

Trading Score
    217 (100%)

I actually went today and redeemed 11 coupons with no problems ? (Other than a manager having to override the 11th one!)

I guess it depends on who you get

Quote Originally Posted by olsenk View Post

My friend and I went into the No Frills on Guelph Line (Rob's no frills) after my purchase was put through the manager told me she had made a mistake and that she was only supposed to let me use 6 coupons (I had 18). She told me she would "let it go this time" but that my friend was only allowed to get 6.

As we left the store my friend (Hanmermom) looked up the No Frills coupon policy and it does not state anywhere about limiting amount of coupons.

We went back into the store and asked to speak to a manager, A pleasant lady named Jenny came out to talk to us with an email of a new part of the policy that states that in simple terms that stores reserve the right to only offer a "reasonable family limit". Then beside written in pen it said 6 items.

When we asked for a copy of the policy she refused. She proceeded to tell us that this policy was put in place to discourage "our kind of extreme couponing" from bringing business into their store.

When we left the store I called head office for an explanation of the coupon policy. Again the lady was very pleasant and basically told me it is up to the store to decide what is reasonable and that it is up to interpretation by the owner as to what a reasonable limit is.

She then gave me the heads up that in the future I need to be aware that I may be asked to move to a different cash register so that my extreme couponing does not inconvenience any other customers.

All in all the CSR's were pleasant and just following the rules. I feel as though the problem lies in telling us "our kind" are not welcome and that my kind of shopping is an inconvenience to others. Really what is the difference between me buying 18 bars of soap with 18 coupons and a mother or father of 3 buying their full cart of food for the week?
    The next day my friend went to our other No Frill location on Brant street where they processed the coupons with no question.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Some stores limit items whether customers using coupon or not. It is to prevent shelf clearing because other customers may complain when they're out of stock.

The NF location I went to today, they have 2 boxes full and I only bought 4 packages because I have 1 coupon. Would have been nice if I have more coupons.

Coupon king
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cailinconnorsmom View Post
    use our new 1.00 off olay from the p&g flyer and get this for .19 cents, they are on for 1.19. i went to pm at wm and rcss but they do not carry this size.
    thanks for the post i would have missed it i scored two this morning at no frills they had plenty in etobicoke

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

This is a great deal! Thanks for sharing! I will be popping into NF tonight for sure!
    LF: Dog treat coupons

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Copasetic View Post
    I picked up some soap when I was at NF yesterday. The cashier was totally combing over my coupon for like an hour, but she accepted it

which NF?

Trading Score
    152 (100%)

I got my 8 boxes too! Loads left!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

thanks, will check this out tomorrow for sure

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

I totally agree with the store manager at limiting quantity... as mentioned above it is to prevent that people like me (cannot get to store on time or after work or just simply does not know there was a sale on a product) get the deals as well....Why is it that you guys have to buy 18, 30 or 50 at one time???? i just found out abut this deal, i bet you i will go to NF and the shelves will be empty, because people like you (that buy many in one shopping trip) do not leave any for the next shopper!!! Oh well i guess is my luck, or maybe I should go to the store before coming to work and maybe i can score 2 or 3!! .

Quote Originally Posted by olsenk View Post

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

WTG..i got 15 and just did 2 transactions so the till would not freeze up and need an over ride..i did this on sunday, and there was lots left on the display when i left, i buy in large amounts all the time, for i have a large family and donate all the time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information