User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was wondering if anyone had prescriptions at SDM? If so, what sort of dispensing fees do they have? I'm just curious because they have that promo on again for 60 000 points (in 10 6000 point vouchers or 10 $10 SDM GCs) when you transfer prescriptions. I'm just trying to figure whether it's worth it or if the cost gets eaten up by the more expensive filling of prescriptions. Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Not sure of the fees there in Halifax, but I think we pay $11.99 here in Ontario.
    Want FREE Gifts and gift cards each month!? Just search the web - so easy to use! Please join me on Swagbucks!
    If you need help or have any questions, please feel free to message me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

yes, it is $11.99 in Ontario. Thank goodness I have dual insurance coverage so the whole fee is covered

And I put my Rx's on my SDM Mastercard to get points, too.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Perfect. Thanks for the information!
    I transferred it over and will see if it is works out in the end. I do have dual insurance so hopefully I don't have much of a difference. If not, back to superstore for me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

on a one time prescription , it is more expensive then other places

i take 4 different medications , but buy a 3 month supply at a time of each, doing this saves on the dispensing fees. making it very worthwhile for me . always buy a giftcard first ,hopefully with a mbna credit card and then pay with that , that way u get points 3 different ways. im in nova scotia

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

So do you pay $11.99 as a dispensing fee everytime you fill a prescription? Is that high for a dispensing fee compared to anywhere else (aside from whether you can collect points or not)?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    302 (100%)

I have dual insurance and I don't pay anything for my prescriptions, not even the dispensing fee, insurance covers everything.
    RLF Honey Bunches of Oats $1.00

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I used to get my scripts there.. 11.99 each @ 4 a month.. uggh.. I switched to Costco its under $4 each

_ can't collect points in Ontario
    _ SDM won't let you buy gift cards with a credit card..
    Last edited by MillieH; Tue, Aug 16th, 2011 at 11:32 PM.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

I have never heard of or paid for this? Is this in Alberta too? I think I have probably filled less than 10 prescriptions in my life, very curious now.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You dont see it when you pay- next time you go ask.

I paid $15 the other day for a prescription. its hard to pay for like 3 months at a time because each pill is like $20 and its only when I need them. Its migraine meds

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

BF is now getting his pills at a local Indian Reserve pharmacy that opened recently. He gets 30 pills and its $20 cheaper than SDM for the same prescription.

Update...here is the breakdown!
    cost 21.05
    fee 8.85
    total 29.90 (at SDM it was $49.xx)
    Last edited by carlyincanada; Wed, Aug 17th, 2011 at 11:52 AM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by carlyincanada View Post
    BF is now getting his pills at a local Indian Reserve pharmacy that opened recently. He gets 30 pills and its $20 cheaper than SDM for the same prescription.
    Careful with that, there was a story a while back that the pharmacies were not the same pills and were selling generics as the real thing and that accounts for the price difference

Quote Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
    I used to get my scripts there.. 11.99 each @ 4 a month.. uggh.. I switched to Costco its under $4 each

_ can't collect points in Ontario
    _ SDM won't let you buy gift cards with a credit card..
    I can buy GCs with a credit card and use the GC for prescriptions
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alicia View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had prescriptions at SDM? If so, what sort of dispensing fees do they have? I'm just curious because they have that promo on again for 60 000 points (in 10 6000 point vouchers or 10 $10 SDM GCs) when you transfer prescriptions. I'm just trying to figure whether it's worth it or if the cost gets eaten up by the more expensive filling of prescriptions. Thanks!
    Prescription costs are set provincially, so if you ask in a local forum, they may have a better idea. Nice promo though - I wish we were allowed points on prescriptions here!
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Dispensing fees are set by each province. Some provinces have a maximum, such as SK, which is nice.

These numbers are from 2007 - newest I could find that covers more than one province

(sorry it's a google doc, for some reason I can't load a pdf!)

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...sXzdXvFASHb7yA

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

If I did not have private insurance for my drugs I would probably go elsewhere for them, they are great pharmacists at my location but not worth the $11.99 IMO. I have gone to other pharmacies and gotten just as good service and advice. So the only real reason I am still there is convenience (can do a quick shop in the store if anything needed) and too lazy to switch all my prescriptions elsewhere.

One of the only reasons I started at SDM was because back in the day when optimum was first started in ON we could get points on perscriptions....was sooooo nice because at the time I had an insurance that I paid up front and reimbursed for money. It was an MS medication that cost around 2,000 a month....oh how those points racked up fast!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Dayanara - Earn free stuff just for searching the web!

http://www.wagjag.com/?wid=66bba0e75...fbd07b4aef23ad - WagJag it up! Great deals at a fraction of the cost.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information