User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Expired
    Since a few months, i noticed that coupons, freebies, etc... are offered by your compagnies through socials medias like Facebook, Twitter, etc....

Though we are in the era of 'everyting internet is good' some people don't have and/or are not interested in having accounts on those medias and amongst them are many valuable customers of yours.

I personnaly think that it's unfair to them if they cannot benifit from these good offers they would sure benefit if they where done elsewhere like in magazines , newspapers, tearpads, etc....

Consequently, would you please consider, beside of those medias , offering the same advantages to all your customers.

thank you for your time
    Mia 001

P.S. i didn't send this to anyone but i think someone somehow in the compagnies will see it....
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Addicted To Laughing Cow TrixyLuxx's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (79%)

You should make a seperate account on any of those sites for those "offers" only

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I fully support this statement. I do not wish to publicize my personal information (and expose myself to identity theft) in order to participate in promotions.

I will use my purchasing power to buy from other companies ...ones that do not persist in omitting us from their promotions. I am just as happy to try their products instead.

Boards such as Smart Canucks are "social networks" as well and we hold a lot more power than they give us credit for. Word of mouth rules and our $$ dollars speak just as loudly.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TrixyLuxx View Post
    You should make a seperate account on any of those sites for those "offers" only
    Agreed. It's not too hard really Just provide your info when you have to fill in the forms for the samples/offers.
    ~Want to get FREE giftcards, paypal $$ and other awesome stuff? Well then join the thousands of others like me on SwagBucks!
    ~Join Listia for even more great FREE deals! You can PM me for help/more info!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I usually just "like" the company, sign up for the product, and unlike right away. I still get the item without the spam clutter

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I too have accounts strictly for freebies. I "like" companies on facebook to get freebies and If I do not actually care for that company I unlike them.

I think a lot of companies use facebook because they can promote for free or at a very low cost and can link to programs that make automation of mailing etc easier. Magazine ads etc. probaby cost more and reach fewer people. The use of social media also helps companies to create a buzz and allows them to share information about their company and products.

I can understand the discomfort with social media but you can have you info travel over the net electronically or via snail mail the information is still out there.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I would like to say that I also don't think coupons and special offers should be newspaper only. I live in the sticks, because that is where my work is located. There is no newspaper delivery, and the closest store to buy a paper is over 20 minutes away. For me the online samples and coupons work. Maybe if they could have both that would work for people. I appreciate the freebies through facebook etc.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I personally will never open a twitter account. I am over the age of 25, have no time to tell the World step by step how my pasta is cooking, takes, etc.. I have a life and I do not think I am all important.
    That being said, Companie are free to market any way they want. When they use Twitter or Facebook, they are targeting a specific segment of the population. Freebies are offered to people in the hopes to get people to purchase their products. They are free to market it any way they want.
    And in return you are free to advise them that you will not get their free offer as you do not use Twitter or Facebook.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I opened a facebook account just for freebies because I have no interest in actually using facebook. I didn't have to provide any information other than my name. Works for me.
    *****Don't you wish you were earning free gifts and rewards too?*****
    Join me at SWAGBUCKS and you could earn $450 a year just like me AND ALSO
    Register with iRazoo where I have earned $135 in amazon gc's in under 4 months

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have to say I love the Facebook give aways. In my opinion it is free place to post offers, and everyone can have access to them. I find your statement that these offers should be available in "magazines , newspapers, tearpads" to be unfair, as customers must purchase every magazine and/or every newspaper to access them.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by awhit066 View Post
    I have to say I love the Facebook give aways. In my opinion it is free place to post offers, and everyone can have access to them. I find your statement that these offers should be available in "magazines , newspapers, tearpads" to be unfair, as customers must purchase every magazine and/or every newspaper to access them.
    I totally agree with you. I don't get any newspapers in the building I live in, so that would mean I would have to purchase them. Also, Internet means everyone has access in real time, same exact time for everyone. If these were advertised in papers/magazines, some people would received them earlier than other, making the giveaways unfair to those who couldn't have done anything to get theirs quicker.

I don't have Twitter and I don't feel like i've missed on anything, you don't usually 'need' an account to get what's posted on Twitter. As far as Facebook goes, you can have a fake name, birthday and not request any friends. Just for freebies.

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

I think the companies are just trying to get the most for their money. Starting a Facebook page would be significantly cheaper than paying for ads in other forms of media. With the 250 million people on Facebook, I would say that's pretty smart on their part, especially since it likely contains their target group of late teens to middle aged people who are likely to be buying their products. I have a lot of family who are not on Facebook, and they miss out because of it. It's their choice, just as it's the companies choice on how they advertise.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Social Media is free, easy for friends to share (look how quickly 10k facebook freebies can go!) and it obviously works for companies otherwise they would not be doing it still.

With declining readership of magazines and newspapers, insane advertising costs (call a magazine and ask how much it is for an advert LOL) it is just not worth it when it takes up 2 months in ad production and pushing that magazine out. Online media can be targeted by the day - it just makes business sense

I agree with the others, you dont need to take part in all the other stuff on facebook to have an account, your name could even be Mia Mia on FB
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I have an account on Facebook only for freebies. I don`t bother with the friends and all the other activities. The only mistake I made is having my real name on it. Some people are more persistant than others about becoming friends.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I signed up a long time ago, but they don't ask for much in terms of 'specific' personal information. Use a fake last name, don't put your location down and don't put your phone number.

I never 'like' things on companies for free items, but that's just my convictions. I don't care that much for the stuff that's given out.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information