User Tag List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: A word about that brag you are about to post...

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjill View Post
    What boggles me is the price of Computer ink. To print 50+ coupons, and use them for overage is a little redundant, isn't it? i was looking at ebay, and saw a lady selling the aspirin coupons there, starting bid 1.00, wonder how much it cost with Ink, paper?

We went to get new ink for our good printer, at 40 bucks, I saw a brand new printer for 19.00. Seemed like a better option for me.
    123inkcartridges.com (or whatever it is--Google it)... much much much mich cheaper...

Not sure why ppl still say ink is so expensive... (well, at least the kind I need is WAY WAY cheaper on this site than anywhere I've looked in stores).

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tdjca View Post
    I'm so glad this issue is finally being addressed. I loved SC and up to a few months ago spent WAY too much time on here. I found reading posts of how to rip off the stores and manufacturers and how to get away with abusing coupon use infuriating and stopped recommending SC to people who asked me in the stores about couponing and found myself coming on here less and less. Some people would actually put a disclaimer in their brag for no one to say anything negative about what they did and reply after reply would tell them how great they did even though it was an obvious abuse of the coupon(s) they used. I really appreciated the ones who had made a mistake and when they found out let others know that they had so others didn't follow suite.

Can I make a suggestion? When a post/brag is an obvious abuse of a coupon or encouraging others to try and cheat/rip off a store that those posts/brags be removed? When done on purpose can that OP be given a warning so they don't keep doing it? Mistakes happen and I don't have issues with that as long as we are willing to learn from them. It's the ones who know what they are doing and doing it on purpose that I have issues with and the reason I don't come here often anymore.

Then simply don't brag about it and still get the deals, it changes nothing, the so called problem still happens.

If I pm at WM for $1.99 and don't post a brag does that make me inocent? I am betting not yet if I post anything about it I am punished? Strange and I disagree with it but I don't work here so....

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SmackUTwice View Post
    123inkcartridges.com (or whatever it is--Google it)... much much much mich cheaper...

Not sure why ppl still say ink is so expensive... (well, at least the kind I need is WAY WAY cheaper on this site than anywhere I've looked in stores).
    I have a laser printer. 3000 black and white sheets approx 48$
    I'll never buy inkjet again

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gunsguy View Post
    Then simply don't brag about it and still get the deals, it changes nothing, the so called problem still happens.

If I pm at WM for $1.99 and don't post a brag does that make me inocent? I am betting not yet if I post anything about it I am punished? Strange and I disagree with it but I don't work here so....

You can do whatever you like. I think the problem is that if you post it here it will encourage others to scam the system too. If enough people do, companies may not offer discounts and coupons for us and stores may not offer price matching etc.
    shirl57 likes this.
    Simple Cheap Mom

Earn Amazon and Pay Pal giftcards for surfing the Internet! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/addsup

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Please let me be a bit clearer. This is NOT a thread to debate or vent. SC will not be making any new rules or policies for couponing - the companies and retail law have done that themselves, it's evident in the fine print on coupons and in store policies. Consumers need to follow it. This thread is SC making it clear that we do not abide by illegal activity.

Let's please move on and keep SC what it is meant to be - a fun place to share deals we can all obtain if we chose to.
    Last edited by AmberLab; Sat, Sep 3rd, 2011 at 10:32 PM. Reason: typo

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    Please let me be a bit clearer. This is NOT a thread to debate or vent. SC will not be making any new rules or policies for couponing - the companies and retail law have done that themselves, it's evident in the fine print on coupons and in store policies. Consumers need to follow it. This thread is SC is making it clear that we do not abide by illegal activity.

Let's please move on and keep SC what it is meant to be - a fun place to share deals we can all obtain if we chose to.
    Perfect post I thank you

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

is there a post somewhere outlining something like the proper shopper coupon code of conduct? Just thinking that if it was posted somewhere obvious, anybody could read through and see what is acceptable and what is abuse. I am not the person to write it, I don't think I've got enough expertise on the subject!

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

A question for Amberlab?

If someone does post a brag that is about coupon misuse, are you wanting us to report the thread?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    Please let me be a bit clearer. This is NOT a thread to debate or vent. SC will not be making any new rules or policies for couponing - the companies and retail law have done that themselves, it's evident in the fine print on coupons and in store policies. Consumers need to follow it. This thread is SC making it clear that we do not abide by illegal activity.

Please tell me this isn't just a disclaimer stating that SC doesn't endorse this type of conduct but that you will actually be following up on it to remove these types of posts. If it is just a disclaimer with no action then it really means nothing and things will continue on as they have and nothing has changed.
    Last edited by tdjca; Sun, Sep 4th, 2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tdjca View Post
    Please tell me this isn't just a disclaimer stating that SC doesn't endorse this type of conduct but that you will actually be following up on it to remove these types of posts. If it is just a disclaimer with no action then it really means nothing and things will continue on as they have and nothing has changed.
    Apparently you do not realize how many hours a day we spend here working on things, and how much time we already spend on this.

We do try our best but we cant read every single post. In certain circumstances yes we will be taking action, but thats something we've already been doing and will continue doing. It works both ways though.
    Last edited by Sally888; Sun, Sep 4th, 2011 at 03:05 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Apparently you do not realize how many hours a day we spend here working on things, and how much time we already spend on this.

We do try our best but we cant read every single post. In certain circumstances yes we will be taking action, but thats something we've already been doing and will continue doing. It works both ways though.
    Moderating can take hours. I've been a moderator years ago at a parenting site , and it can take a huge amount of time and effort. Message board drama can became exhausting. Moderators do there best, but there is a life outside of the computer, that they cannot just catch every single thing, especially on such a huge site.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post

Sally I wasn't asking you to read all the posts. A few people have asked if they should report a post which is obviously and deliberately abusing coupons or promoting illegal use for it to be dealt with and no response has been made to these questions. That and the fact that Amberlab's last comment seemed to just be clarifying that this is just SC making a statement (maybe I read it wrong) so I asked if any action would be taken or if it is just a disclaimer. It's obvious that SC'ers are willing to report these posts to you. I just asked if any action would be taken if they are reported or found.

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

This is a free site people. It is a gift that is given to us so we can save money. Without it, we wouldn't find all the good deals and money saving tips because from what I have seen, no other site out there compares to SC. The moderators do the best they can and deserve our appreciation.

I only asked if we should report posts with coupon misuse because I didn't want to report those posts and create more work for the Mods if it wasn't necessary. Rather than having to have Sally or Amberlab any other Mods babysit the brag section, why don't we act like adults, play nicely, and use our coupons the way they are intended. Sounds like a much easier solution that expecting the Mods to police our posts.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Yep, hit the report button so we can look into it This way we can find things in a timely manner

Tjca, noone answered yet because its a long weekend. I'm spending time with my family. We've been saying it for years, hit the report button
    Last edited by Sally888; Sun, Sep 4th, 2011 at 05:23 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I think this is in desparate need of a bump!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information