User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: A word about that brag you are about to post...

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itchy54 View Post
    i seriously wish that the link for the aspirin coupons was removed from this site...
    since Aspirin has removed it from their site it just doesn't seem right...
    If a coupon is no longer offered on the website, the opportunity to print it for use is obviously over. Where is it? Please PM me.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

An honest mistake is just that - an HONEST MISTAKE.

Fraud on the other hand, makes us ALL come across as bad.

Sadly we are painted with the same brush in a lot of people's eyes.

Let's keep couponing FUN

Never met a dog or coupon I didn't like.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Thanks for this post.
    We all know that "things happen" ex. Cashier gives takes off one too many coupons or you realize the coupon you've just used was not meant to be used for that particular size, type of product...
    Having said this, those who INTENTIONALLY go about obtaining product by defrauding stores or copying coupons, changing dates, etc, etc should be ashamed. (too bad there was some method to deny these few the opportunity to use coupons in the future).
    We all enjoy posts with pictures of each others stockpiles and great deals, but this is a BRAG area where we can share our finds/deals. I personally DO NOT want to see picures of a stockpile obtained thru fraud or coupon misuse. Also we are all here to support each other, let's act like adults, not like children on the playground, calling each other nasty names or talking bad about someone else.
    Couponing is hard work and many of us spend alot of time at this...many need to coupon.
    PLEASE do not post picutures and brag about the product you have if you obtained it in a manner that you know is fraudulent. YOU WILL SPOIL IT FOR THE REST OF US.!!

(Just my 2 cents)
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Well said, i for one try to make sure i'm using my coupons correctly. Although i now feel bad because yesterday i used 2 of the aspirin coupons for my mom that i printed off awhile ago, didn't realize they were no longer to be used. My honest mistake and i would rather someone tell me if i was doing something wrong JMO.
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

So glad to see this! Thought I was in trouble when my Misuse of Coupons post was moved today, but it is great to see a Mod agrees that we shouldn't be promoting coupon fraud on the site.

On a completely unrelated note, AmberLab, who are Jamie and Claire?!?!?!?!

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Great post. Its brags with coupon misuse like these that make manufactures think of ways to make it more difficult for the rest of us. As i am sure they follow the posts on these forums and aren't impressed when they see people braging about there hauls with using coupons that are obviously 1 per person/customer.

i hope this issue continues to be adressed on this site... would it be possibly to make this a sticky?
    Last edited by dariusz8; Thu, Sep 1st, 2011 at 11:14 PM.
    ticul likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Totally agree for a sticky.. great thread btw.. Thanks Amber
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    If a coupon is no longer offered on the website, the opportunity to print it for use is obviously over. Where is it? Please PM me.
    It was in the printable coupon thread in the PDF section, but I just removed it. I wasn't sure if I should have removed it, so I left it there. I just didn't want people complaining about it either way (like it has happened in the past). Hard to please everyone.
    Want FREE Gifts and gift cards each month!? Just search the web - so easy to use! Please join me on Swagbucks!
    If you need help or have any questions, please feel free to message me.

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

really glad the mods have stepped in, thank youuuu!! xx
    ticul likes this.
    ~~ i just scored a FREE wireless printer thanks to SWAGBUCKS! The reward community that works! Sign up now to try it out -- http://www.swagbucks.com/lilmonke

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Thank you mods for this thread...I just want to give you a really BIG HUG!
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by geniemom View Post
    Well said, i for one try to make sure i'm using my coupons correctly. Although i now feel bad because yesterday i used 2 of the aspirin coupons for my mom that i printed off awhile ago, didn't realize they were no longer to be used. My honest mistake and i would rather someone tell me if i was doing something wrong JMO.
    geniemom, if you printed the coupons "awhile ago", there's no need to feel bad. They haven't expired so they can still be used. The coupon just shouldn't be saved as a pdf and then printed after the company has removed it from their website
    Join me on Swagbucks! It's fun and easy. Click here to get started http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Turtle1973

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

If you didn't receive the coupon from the bayer site as a thank you , should you even use it? Surely if they wanted everyone to use it they would have made it available like the $3 one. If they wanted people to share it they would have shared it like the $3 one where it said for a friend.

I'm new to using coupons. I started around mid June and joined here the end of June. I joined other groups as well. When the aspirin pdf appeared, I was confused to where it came from and asked if it was valid. when I searched the Bayer site I completed something and they gave me a $6 as a thank you.

Then all the groups I signed up for started sending the link to the pdf, people on here were showing their brags and it 'appeared' that this was all ok. Some people commented that people who used it more than 6 or more than 20 or more than 80 were abusing the system but no one said more than one and only if you actually got it from the site were abusing the system.

This leads me to think that the use of any pdf is misuse of the system unless it was given to you directly by the manufacturer and used with the 'intent' they gave it.

so much to learn so little time.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I need clarification on another point.. I've had a couple of trades where the person has offered me stamps in exchange for some coupons and yesterday I was offered a gift card.. those were because the people didn't have anything I needed and they really wanted the items. I don't like doing this because i really like to get coupons i need..stamps & gc give a very tiny value back. Now I am wondering if this practise is 'legal' as well or people abusing the rules.. Please advise.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Addicted to saving $ PenniePincher's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Thank you for addressing this issue!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes thanks for addressing this -it needed to be -i have been couponing for 20 some odd years and -the companies are starting to change the rules

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information