User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: A word about that brag you are about to post...

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    So if I bragged about my shopping in the bragging section, I should be relatively safe from being flamed because there is no negativity or sarcastic remarks allowed. But since I did it in the Deals & Flyers section, it's open season? I'll remember not to post there anymore.

So while you're laughing at me, you're suggesting other ways on how I spend my time?
    No, it wouldn't be "open season" anywhere on SC, not just brags.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    So if I bragged about my shopping in the bragging section, I should be relatively safe from being flamed because there is no negativity or sarcastic remarks allowed. But since I did it in the Deals & Flyers section, it's open season? I'll remember not to post there anymore.

So while you're laughing at me, you're suggesting other ways on how I spend my time?
    I was not laughing at you, I found the post that the other person posted funny. I also was only stating how I would use MY time. Again, free country thankfully, you can do whatever you want and post where ever you want. That is the beauty of public forums. Besides, nobody would know how you spend your time if you hadn't told us. Now, life is way too short to be to wasted on this nonsense (again, only my opinion). Bygones, and happy shopping!

Somewhere between Sherbrooke and Montréal
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Keep doing the same couponmummy, it's YOUR money!

Kellan's Coupon Mommy!
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thumbs up for sure!

Trading Score
    236 (100%)

thanks for the info....but also some people post not knowing that they actually did some that was wrong so we should give people the benefit of a doubt or allow them to explain without attacking them on this site!

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tarynottawa View Post
    thanks for the info....but also some people post not knowing that they actually did some that was wrong so we should give people the benefit of a doubt or allow them to explain without attacking them on this site!
    The benefit of a doubt is nice. If it cannot be asked or worded *nicely*, please report it instead for a mod to investigate. We say it continually. But really, it is better to just report it and not post at all in a troublesome thread. This also cuts down on trolls.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

a couple of the last few shopping trips I have done (watching the totals carefully mind you) I must have flustered the cashier, because they did not ring through some of the product I was buying. I told them they had forgot. The first time the cashier was thankful, glad that I was being honest, and the second time (male cashier) he said "you shouldn't have said anything..." in a sort of joking way. I'm not couponing to try and rip off the stores - and even though I'd be nice to get some free stuff I believe being honest is always the right thing to do.

Just want to say that it seems almost everyone on SC is all about honesty and doing the right thing - accidents definitely happen, but we can keep this momentum going by being smart (and honest!) consumers!!

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    If you are about to post a brag that you know is about - or endorsing yours or others - coupon misuse, manipulation, or otherwise fraud of coupons or stores - please do not bother posting about it at all on Smart Canucks. Smart Canucks does not endorse illegal activity of any kind.
    This old thread needs a bump.
    Happy (legal) bragging everyone!
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by K8's Fate View Post
    This old thread needs a bump.
    Happy (legal) bragging everyone!
    Yahhh K8! Just what we need :D

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I recently discovered that I had unknowingly used a bunch of Loblaws coupons at Wal-Mart. A CSM I know let me know about the mistake and just shrugged it off. But I can't! So I contacted the accounting dept and asked if I could re-emburse the store for my mistake. They said they would contact me when they got it figured out. I couldn't just walk away knowing I had screwed up. I also don't want the cashier getting in trouble over me. She sees me regularly and knows I usually have all the appropriate coupons with valid dates, etc. Just have to wait to hear from them. Even us veteran couponers make mistakes!
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Ask in a friendly tone. Personally I am more likely to respond to a friendly inquiry than anything else. I'm sure most people are the same. SC is a friendly place to learn and share ideas about shopping and saving.

Snarkiness or passively-aggressive posting/answering questions doesn't make anyone any friends.

Coupons are definitely a learning process. Mistakes happen, to old timers as well as newbies. Nobody is going under fire for a mistake. The thing is to acknowledge the mistake and that you've learned for next time.
    I agree. I am sure we have all made a boo boo, big or small, in our early days.

Unfortunately it's sometimes hard to tell how someone's tone was meant since everyone reads it differently so just be extra cautious in how you inquire
    PammieD likes this.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

Happy BUMP!
    PammieD and K8's Fate like this.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Yep, hit the report button so we can look into it This way we can find things in a timely manner
    The benefit of a doubt is nice. If it cannot be asked or worded *nicely*, please report it instead for a mod to investigate. We say it continually. But really, it is better to just report it and not post at all in a troublesome thread. This also cuts down on trolls.
    Reporting these types of threads still seems like a good option, rather than getting into back and forth negative posts.
    FallenPixels and PammieD like this.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Just a reminder that you can also not attack members.
    Report the post and a mod will deal with it
    wolfwoman and Valerey like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

This thread should be a sticky or something because this is the first time I have ever seen it.

I almost never post brags because people always jump on the hate train.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information