User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: What items are a good deal at Costco?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I buy milk, meat, bread, yogurt,...

Blessed with 4 children
    Trading Score
    347 (100%)

I get the Real Lemon concentrate there, which is $3.89 for a 2-pack bottle. I use it to wash meat (chicken, pork, beef, even seafood if I have it) along with a generous amount of salt. It takes away the "raw" smell. I just can't be bothered to cut up fresh lemons just to clean meat. Try cleaning your meat with a cup of lemon juice and a handful of salt. Put the meat in a bowl and pour the juice and salt, then mix it while rubbing in the mixture on the meat. You will be shocked at what the remaining liquid looks like after. That is what was on the meat that rinsing with water left over. Of course, you rinse off the salt and lemon mixture after too. Moving on, vitamins are cheaper there for sure, as well as bakery items like the huge bag of ciabatta buns for $4.99 and the birthday cake slabs for $19.99. You would pay $19.99 at Metro or Loblaws for a cake half the size of this one, it's huge!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I stay away from most packaged foods and any wheat produsts..but here goes

Organic quinoa...excellent price, as well as the newly added sprouted bean mix....mmm
    Gluten free crackers...my one little treat..there are 2 kinds, make sure to check sodium levels as they are quite different.
    used to get my greek yogurt there until RCSS really lowered their prices...
    never fruit or veg...always go to the local veggie store (not any big box) for the best produce and to support the little guys...with 2 of us i do not need those huge amounts
    Columbian coffee....although right now it's a better deal at RCSS...there no name brand is really good--has to be columbian though...
    Walnuts and Almonds, raw ...great quality and good price
    Whey Isolate Powder
    Frozen fruit for those smoothies...but i don't like the Dole Blueberries, too big, so I buy the wild ones at RCSS
    Vitamins
    Spices and Vanilla
    Watch for the sales...you can get some very good deals

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

We are getting a new Costco and can't wait there building a whole new one and tearing down the old one!!! Me and my mom go halfs so I don't mind paying. I can't think off the top of my head all the deals but I can't live without my Kirkland Precooked Bacon mmmmm so good. I think it is well worth the price and is the freshest tasting I've had for precooked. We use it on Pergoies and other recipes besides just the Bacon and Eggs. And not spitting greese lol.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Washing meat? What are you washing from it with the lemon juice? No offense or anything, I'm just curious!
    The cakes are OK IMO, but for me, Superstore cakes are the winner, hands down.

And I'm with Cheryl on the credit card points. We pay off our balance each month, but use Visa for anything and everything we can, including groceries. It's kind of annoying to have to use cash or debit (I know they take Amex, but I don't want another credit card).

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

kirkland shampoo and conditioner.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Q-tips! I don't know if their prices have changed, but a year ago I bought their 3-pk and compared it was much more cost efficient than a 1-pk.

I also love their x-large muffins.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quinoa, goat cheese, greek yogurt, cream, carter's stuff, cheese strings regularily go on sale, honey, spices,

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

I don't find many things cheaper there compared to using coupons but buy for convience. I buy Prego spagetti sauce 2x 1.75l for 6.99, propane, cream 2.69/1l,10kg flour. When you go always check around the store as they usually have some sale on something that isn't on the web or a costco coupon. I've gotten the huge(1.8kg?) boxes of mini wheats for 3.99 and Prevemtia individual pack cookies(20pk) for 5.99. I also shop in the states at Costco for things I can' find here and better prices on others. One of the best deals I've ever found at Costco was Tazo chai concentrate 3pk for 7.99. They sold this in the Edmonton store I used to shop but not here in Windsor but I can find it in the States. This stuff sells for min 4.99 just for 1 container everywhere else.
    I love Costco!
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I ONLY go to costco for my CHILDREN'S OMEGA 3 GUMMIES you pay like $8-$10 for (200 gummies). To buy at health food place is like $30 for (100) and shoppers or RCSS etc is like $15-$20 for (100) half the price for double the product

PLUS their pharmacy dispensing fee is only $4 compared to SDM that is a wapping $14

I have not Health plan and drugs tend to be cheaper by the pill then other locations. My son who has ADHD, his meds cost about $180 for 3months and other pharmacies almost cost $300

Really wish there were good independent insurance companies that would COVER the illness BUT when you sign up for a new company they say.. does not cover existing illness
    Last edited by sandra_p400; Tue, Sep 6th, 2011 at 02:41 PM.

Blessed with 4 children
    Trading Score
    347 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    Washing meat? What are you washing from it with the lemon juice? No offense or anything, I'm just curious!
    The yucky raw smell and whatever other yucky stuff is on it . Just try it and you'll know exactly what I mean....

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    The cakes are OK IMO, but for me, Superstore cakes are the winner, hands down.

And I'm with Cheryl on the credit card points. We pay off our balance each month, but use Visa for anything and everything we can, including groceries. It's kind of annoying to have to use cash or debit (I know they take Amex, but I don't want another credit card).
    lemon juice as well as VINEGAR eliminates bacteria from ppl who handle the meat..

so if a butcher snease's ur covered.
    Last edited by sandra_p400; Tue, Sep 6th, 2011 at 02:42 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can't agree more with the other comments regarding MEAT - i buy almost all my meat there and even go out of my way sometimes. Although the price may not be better the quality is better by far. Quality of beef tenderloin is amazing.
    I also find great deals on kids clothes - I bought my DD a dress this summer for $6.00 and it has washed great and even had adjustable straps. I also buy her snowsuits there - the previous one lasted her 2 winters. The only problem with clothing is you have to be prepared to buy ahead - they are usually ahead by 2 seasons.
    I also find great prices on most pharmacy items - except diapers no deal there.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Ddrops Vitamin D 1000iu = $8.49. Usually $10+ elsewhere.
    Almond butter. The large jar was the same price as a small one in Walmart. Also some organic items I find much cheaper.
    Jewellery - cheaper than jewellery stores and quality is excellent
    Movie passes - great for couples and kids.
    Plants - have purchase various flowers and plants there that lasted a long time
    Clothing - especially fitness wear

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

protein powder, nuts, cascade when it is on sale is cheaper per unit, organic milk, clothes, hot tubs, good pasta sauce, yogurt when its on sale, cakes, baby wipes when on sale, meat is high quality and good price

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information