User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I went into walmart today and used some of my coupons. the cashier greeted me by saying "are YOU the one that comes in and uses coupons all the time?"
    okay, a little weird but my answer was no because I just started couponing. then she refuses to honor my 50 cents off ANY herbal essence product because I bought a travel size. the thing is that I also work at this walmart so I think I have a complaint to make when I go in and second of all I don't think I should be made to feel bad for using coupons. I'm not abusing them or scamming just trying to do the best I can as a single mother! just had to vent because I was a little angry.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Do you ever get the feeling like they think you're on social assistance or something when you use coupons. I tried to get my mom to use them (My dad is in his 80's) and my mom said, do I look like I'm on walfare :|

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

A lot of those 50c off of any have fine print that says excludes travel size. Maybe that's why she denied it, but still, no reason to treat you so badly. You definitely should never be treated like that, how rude.

I can't even believe a co-worker would treat you that badly either, goodness.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i read the coupon front to back and there is nothing about sizes. I don't think she realized I worked there though. Oh well, guess it's part of the process, either way I saved about $20 dollars today and that makes me happy!! I'll catch that shampoo another day!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momofun View Post
    i read the coupon front to back and there is nothing about sizes. I don't think she realized I worked there though. Oh well, guess it's part of the process, either way I saved about $20 dollars today and that makes me happy!! I'll catch that shampoo another day!
    Yes it is part of the process.. there are some really good cashiers who are great with coupons.. some are indifferent and some are rude.. just keep going in spite of them..its worth it
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Marlene_the_bean View Post
    Do you ever get the feeling like they think you're on social assistance or something when you use coupons. I tried to get my mom to use them (My dad is in his 80's) and my mom said, do I look like I'm on walfare :|

I get that feeling too. I thought it was just my imagination, but when DH is couponing for me while my foot gets better, he says he gets the same attitude from cashiers as well. His exact quote was: "The cashier was not very nice when I told her I had coupons".

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I think Momofun was using a coupon that was fine for the product she was buying. I just went through my Herbal Essences coupons. There is one 50 cent off that does not say "excluding trial sizes" but it vaguely looks like one of the others that do say it.

I know it's frustrating encounter service like that. I can't imagine though getting that kind of treatment from a co-worker.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/savings/wIhTlx6/]

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by carmanelectric View Post
    I know it's frustrating encounter service like that. I can't imagine though getting that kind of treatment from a co-worker.
    When I was a cashier, coworkers who knew me treated me not so nicely with my coupons. I just began picking and choosing the better cashiers where I worked.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I certainly didn't mean to imply that the coupon she was using was wrong, I just meant with a lot of these new P&G coupons with restrictions she might have been told by management not to accept them on trial sizes and assumed that meant all of them, no questions asked and didn't bother to read the fine print, or lack thereof.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I know the feeling. Sometimes there are cashiers that try to make you feel horrible and want you to think they are the know all of everything. Last night one of those cashiers got it right back though. I had gone to Extra Foods earlier in the day to pick up a couple of Olay body wash (my daughter goes through these like water and right now I'm thinking stocking stuffers!!) Anyway, I bought them with my $1.00 off coupons no problem. After supper I realized that I still had 2 more coupons and decided to run back down there and pick up a couple more. The cashier (a little snot that is always rude to people and really should not be working there) tried to be nasty to me. She said the product I was buying wasn't the same on the picture (I don't think she can read actually). I stood my ground and was firm with her about it being any Olay body wash. Than she said "you can only use one coupon" and threw the other one back at me!! Well, I picked both up and said quite sternly "one for this one" (putting in on one of the bottles) and "one for this one" (putting it on the other bottle). She mumbled something and rang it in, threw the receipt across the counter and turned her back to me! I hate shopping there because of that kind of rudeness but it was on sale for $3.47 - cheaper than I've ever seen Walmart put it on sale for) and a great deal with the coupons! I will be writing Loblaws about this store (again). It's just ridiculous and absolutely no need for!
    Check out my Trade/Wish List here:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/273700-...-lists-canada/

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Even before the small print on the new P&G coupons, many Walmarts were limiting coupons on trial sizes, even if the coupon doesnt state a size because so many were clearing shelves just for overage and its difficult for them to keep the stock level
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

[QUOTE=FallenPixels;3856456]Even before the small print on the new P&G coupons, many Walmarts were limiting coupons on trial sizes, even if the coupon doesnt state a size because so many were clearing shelves just for overage and its difficult for them to keep the stock level[/QUOTE

The walmart I go to is totally opposite the ones you speak of.. they keep their trial sizes well stocked and they seem to have a never ending supply to rephlenish. A person would have to have mega coupons to clear those out...
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Not all Walmarts are the same size, mine is constantly out of Nexxus for example. The manager coupons herself and is coupon friendly, but when people are taking 30+ of something just for overage and they can't predict the stock needs, it becomes a problem for them
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I've never noticed Nexxus at mine.. but then again I havent consciously looked.. maybe its there and I just havent seen it.. I was thinking in terms of la coupe , the 1.27 gillettes etc..

the one near me is a superstore.. that probably helps

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
    I've never noticed Nexxus at mine.. but then again I havent consciously looked.. maybe its there and I just havent seen it.. I was thinking in terms of la coupe , the 1.27 gillettes etc..

the one near me is a superstore.. that probably helps

Just so you know where to look for Nexxus travel size is always in the shampoo isle not the travel size area because they are still pretty expensive if you don't have coupons - $2 shampoo and $3 conditioner.. -

Yes, I often get the feeling that cashiers think I'm on welfare or something too (of course there would be nothing wrong with that) but I'm not. So its a bit annoying.. But the worst couponing experience for me was when I noticed this lady in front of me was buying something I had a coupon for and so I gave it to her, she was really happy.. The cashier saw the coupon and said "Sorry, but you have to choose between the $0.50 coupon or using your native card - (I'm not really sure what the card is, but it is something you show when you are of native ancestry I believe?) But I didn't have any good argument on behalf of her because of my not knowing whether this was true or not? I asked the cashier to call her supervisor to check, she did and apparently the supervisor said the same thing? Anyway, I left the store feeling really sad for her..
    In 2010/11 I used over $7700 in coupons!
    My 2012 goal is $6000 in coupons!

:::Alee142010:::

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information