User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm OCD in the fact when I buy shampoo, I NEED to buy the conditioner that goes with. I use maybe a nickle size of conditioner each time, if any. I have like 5-6 bottles of conditioners from the last times i've bought shampoo (which are obviously all used, long hair = shampoo doesn't last) How long does conditioner last, I couldn't find any expiration dates, but also don't want my hair falling out or turning green
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

not sure.. I actually buy it and use it as shaving cream.. seriously in the winter. slather it all over your legs when you get in the shower.. by the time your done and ready to shave your leg hair is easier to shave and it leaves your legs soft and silky

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Bella - that's funny that your shampoo is used up before your conditioner... I'm the total opposite. I use two bottles of conditioner for every one bottle of shampoo... how do you keep your hair from getting tangly? If I ever forget conditioner, my hair is a nightmare!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    not sure.. I actually buy it and use it as shaving cream.. seriously in the winter. slather it all over your legs when you get in the shower.. by the time your done and ready to shave your leg hair is easier to shave and it leaves your legs soft and silky
    In shower moisturizer !! THANK YOU. I can use it up now and not waste it

Quote Originally Posted by emmy3111 View Post
    Bella - that's funny that your shampoo is used up before your conditioner... I'm the total opposite. I use two bottles of conditioner for every one bottle of shampoo... how do you keep your hair from getting tangly? If I ever forget conditioner, my hair is a nightmare!
    I have oily hair I have to wash my hair daily just to make it normal. Plus it's thin and all shedding lately, if I don't brush it after a shower, it'll just fall neatly.. but if I brush it, BAM it's oily as if I hadn't washed it for a week.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I'm exactly like emmy, lol.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I go through way more conditioner then shampoo too. But my hair is really long and thick so need lots to cover it. Hair appointment in a bit so that will be changing. I've been growing it long to donate so i'm hoping it's long enough
    One by one, the penguins slowly steal my sanity

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think it lasts for years, which is why there isn't an expiry date. But yes, you can use it instead of shaving cream or you could buy the same shampoo that you already have conditioner for so that you have matching bottles again.
    I have fine hair that gets oily too so I go through about twice as much shampoo as conditioner. It just depends on your hair type.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Until recently, I went through WAY more conditioner than shampoo. That's one of the things that annoyed me about all this hair, it took tons of conditioner to get it untangled. Going to the pool regularly made things worse. But recently I got 10 inches cut off, donated it, and don't need all that conditioner anymore! Heck, I don't even need a brush.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I just used up a physique from 2000. It was perfectly fine. It's something I wouldnt even worry about.
    Last edited by Sally888; Fri, Sep 9th, 2011 at 01:49 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

My husband uses high end shampoo and conditioner (his mom is a hairdresser). He gets the large bottles of shampoo and conditioner, and he will go through a large bottle of shampoo in about 6 months, but the conditioner lasts a couple years. Then he starts using my cheap brands. I try to buy the large shampoo but a small conditioner, my hair is straight and about shoulder length. I also have pretty oily hair, so I don't go through a whole lot of conditioner. I like to have matching bottles too, but I have compromised by the same brand just one huge bottle and one small. I really like when I can find the large pump bottle ones. As hubby then uses less shampoo...he sometimes uses shampoo as body wash ....
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Okay I know I had some St.Ives body wash and they turned gummy almost, and they're about 2 yrs old. And when i'd get out of the shower, there was this HORRIBLE smell left over from it that i'd have to get back in the shower and use something else to get the after-smell off.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

I have the opposite problem. I rarely ever use shampoo but I go through boatloads of conditioner. My hair is dry and curly though, and there's a lot of it lol.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't use conditioner, but I buy it for my daughter...who uses up enough for the entire family. I imagine it does have a shelf life because it has perfumes and additives, but it's probably quite long. I would give it the "whiff" test and if it doesn't smell right, toss it. Also, toss if the texture looks weird, even when you shake it up. It's pretty inexpensive, even more so if you used a coupon.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

why don't you just buy more of the same shampoo when you run out??

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Because I can't find a shampoo good for my hair, kind of like trial and error

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information