User Tag List

Page 178 of 966 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 278 678 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Clippy,

Another tip:

Check the AirMiles "Promotion" link at the bottom of their web page. They had an offer on for a free 25 AMs by just presenting a coupon at Marlin Travel. If you haven't done it already and if it's still there just dropping off the coupon would count as your 5th sponsor. Check for the same offer with IRIS optical too.

Also, Shell has some affiliate stations that do airmiles (Tempo or SaveOn Gas, etc.???I can't remember which ones). Getting gas there counts as an extra sponsor towards your Gold status too.
    Last edited by operabob; Sat, Jun 4th, 2011 at 12:18 PM.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Just in and saw 2 unadvertised specials good to June 16:

SS Facial Tissues 6 Pack B2G50 5.99/3.24 (works out to $0.64/box)

Safeway Softly Bright Green TP 12/24 B2G50 6.99/4.24

I'm going to dump a pile of Colgate coupons ($1.50) at Shelbourne sometime early Tuesday. Will try and let you know when I head out. Will put them all on the toothbrush display.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Just received an email response from Canada Safeway regarding my complaint about the revaluation by AirMiles:

Dear Mr. OB:

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding your Canada Air Miles. We always appreciate hearing from our customers.

We understand that you are upset with the increase of gift cards by Canada Air Miles however we are a separate company from Canada Air Miles and you will need to address the issue with Air Miles. For all information regarding how many air miles you have or how they can be used please call 1-888-247-6453 or visit www.airmiles.ca.

Mr. OB, should you require further assistance, you may reply to this email or phone us at 1-800-723-3929 and one of our associates will be happy to assist you. Please reference Contact ID XXXXXXXXX so we can process your call.

Thank you for shopping at Safeway.

Sincerely,

Safeway Customer Service Team
    Here is my response to Safeway. Please excuse the egotistic sections of the CBC, etc. I'm just doing that to get them to give more weight to the issue. It would really help out if you all complained as well.

Thank you,

In no way am I blaming Canada Safeway.

What I am doing is alerting you as to how this action by AirMiles might affect business at Safeway. While many people are addicted to AirMiles there are many more of us who recognize the true value of an AirMile to the consumer. Safeway still has a reputation for being over-priced. If you know the value of an AirMile you can look at Safeway's weekly offerings to gauge whether an offer has merit and worth buying at Safeway.

While some are addicted to AirMiles those of us that are in the know are astounded by the sudden 27% reduction in purchasing power of an AirMile at AirMiles.com. If someone suddenly charges 27% more for a product people will look elsewhere. With Safeway's reputation for high prices already that should be a concern to you. I have complained to AirMiles. If you don't want to lose customers you should too.

I write two online blogs about Safeway's AirMiles program and have been interviewed by CBC Radio. My threads recalculate Safeway's prices taking into account the average value of an AirMile. According to the CBC there are several thousand people following these threads. Safeway stands to lose considerable business from these smart shoppers.

Safeway needs to be concerned about how this action by AirMiles will affect your business.

Regards,
    Last edited by operabob; Sat, Jun 4th, 2011 at 04:36 PM.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I am curious with the spend $35 get 10% off. Does Safeway charge taxes for FPC? Is this thus the best time to use FPC given that 10% would offset the taxes?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=ah2k;3479995]....Does Safeway charge taxes for FPC? ....QUOTE]

Yes, they do. BTW, 10% off would be triggered after coupons, not before, regardless of coupon types, so you have to have an OOP of $35 or more excluding tax.

Here in BC we have a HST of 12%. Even given the 10% off, we still need to pay a 2% difference in tax during customer appreciation day. Therefore, for me it's always a good idea to use FPCs for taxable items at Shoppers.

Hope it helps.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

[QUOTE=clairegoneshopping;3480386]
    Quote Originally Posted by ah2k View Post
    ....Does Safeway charge taxes for FPC? ....QUOTE]

Yes, they do. BTW, 10% off would be triggered after coupons, not before, regardless of coupon types, so you have to have an OOP of $35 or more excluding tax.

Here in BC we have a HST of 12%. Even given the 10% off, we still need to pay a 2% difference in tax during customer appreciation day. Therefore, for me it's always a good idea to use FPCs for taxable items at Shoppers.

Hope it helps.
    Thanks for the explanation! Really helpful!
    Why do you choose Shoppers? Taxes are still applicable there too, right? But I guess at least we would earn points?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=ah2k;3480475]
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegoneshopping View Post

Thanks for the explanation! Really helpful!
    Why do you choose Shoppers? Taxes are still applicable there too, right? But I guess at least we would earn points?
    at most shoppers (but apperently not all) FPC include the tax when used at shoppers (BUT u dont get points)
    Unless they ring it in by mistake as coupon code 2001 (which happens quite a bit for me) in which case you do pay taxes but u get points (really good on 20x points days)

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Sobeys on 10% Tuesday - takes the 10% off before coupons, so if you have an FPC for a $5 item .. you save 50 cents on the item. Then they take the FPC off. According to my coupon buddy, it`s after coupons so I`m planning to try it and see.
    Last edited by Giving-Small; Sun, Jun 5th, 2011 at 10:32 PM.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Hoping for some advice. My husband has to make a very unplanned trip to England for some family issues. If he has to pay cash for the airfare ((shudder)) he will but I wonder if there is some way that, through AM, we can do this cheaper. I have under 100 AM right now so I'd need to go get a lot of something to make this work.

Does anyone have any ideas on a way to build up AM really quick?
    Join me on Swagbucks and earn money and giftcards. So easy, so fun!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Kanda2004

Banned
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kanda View Post
    Hoping for some advice. My husband has to make a very unplanned trip to England for some family issues. If he has to pay cash for the airfare ((shudder)) he will but I wonder if there is some way that, through AM, we can do this cheaper. I have under 100 AM right now so I'd need to go get a lot of something to make this work.

Does anyone have any ideas on a way to build up AM really quick?
    When does he need to make the trip? Vancouver to London is 8725 Air Miles (6543 if you have BMO Gold Air Miles Mastercard).

That's a lot of Air Miles to earn in a short period.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Within the next couple of days. My brain is so incompatible with math that I don't even want to begin to think about how to figure out how much of what to buy to get these AM. Lol, when I see the number 8725 (miles needed) it honestly makes me laugh...I think we'll just put it on plastic and be done with it.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Airmiles will let you buy miles to top up but they charge $0.30/AM (while we know they're only worth $0.11/AM).

(8725 - 100) x $0.30 = $2,587.50
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    Airmiles will let you buy miles to top up but they charge $0.30/AM (while we know they're only worth $0.11/AM).

(8725 - 100) x $0.30 = $2,587.50
    Yikes! Plastic it is! Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

My shopping list for tomorrow:

Yogourt
    Dental Floss
    Vitamins

and a book marked down 20% already

You?
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

i am crazy for coupons
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

im going back to mcbride this week. cant argue with that amount of airmiles.

anyone know long the deal is on for?

Thread Information