User Tag List

Page 207 of 966 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 257 307 707 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    Note that SDM has this on Sunday & Monday for $4.99 limit 4. This would be $2 lower than Safeway/package pre tax.

After tax they'd be $4.99 x 1.12 = $5.59

Safeway is $6.99 x 1.12 = $7.83 after tax but $4.97 after AirMiles (a $0.1143/AM) or $4.50 (@ $0.133/AM Best Western).

So you're saving $0.62 - $1.09/package over buying at SDM. That's cash in your pocket.

Seems small but remember "Mind the pence and the pounds take care of themselves".
    There is a coupon for $2.50 off wub 2 bounty's from the P&G coupon booklet, so it makes it an even better deal!
    2009 Savings: $1251.00
    2010 Savings to date: $990.25

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

There are good P & G coupons as well on the Bounty Paper Towels... which make them an even better airmiles deal.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

This morning's group buy is a diamond pendant necklace. With the way they value diamonds it's too hard to evaluate this offer so I'll pass.

There was a great story many years ago on 60 minutes where they took "valued" diamonds to dealers to get the real values. This was followed up by a story about a fellow that won a $100,000 diamond at Carnegie Hall. In the US they tax winnings. In the end the winner paid more in taxes than he was able to get selling the diamond.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Banned
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    This morning's group buy is a diamond pendant necklace. With the way they value diamonds it's too hard to evaluate this offer so I'll pass.

There was a great story many years ago on 60 minutes where they took "valued" diamonds to dealers to get the real values. This was followed up by a story about a fellow that won a $100,000 diamond at Carnegie Hall. In the US they tax winnings. In the end the winner paid more in taxes than he was able to get selling the diamond.
    The 'retail value' is listed at $2500. Looking around the interwebs, I'd say actual value is $5-800. Not a horrible deal, but not for me.

Ron.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This may sound like a stupid question but does anyone know if there is a cap on taking advantage of the frozen food (B10G100) AM promotion running at Safeway just now? I asked at customer service and the clerk wasn't sure but thought you could come back once a day and get the 100 AMs. I did and my receipt showed the AMs as being credited even though I'd earned 100 under the same promotion two days prior. I'm wondering if these AMs might be clawed back later. I assume the registers are smart enough to know I'd already taken advantage of the offer two days earlier. Any info appreciated. Thanks, Scott.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm finding similar necklaces on Ebay for around $375 to $400.

Newbie question...

My brother started working for Safeway about 6 months ago. He says he has a AM card for me that Safeway gives out for employees and their family members. Does anyone know how this works?

-Vicki

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

This may sound like a stupid question but does anyone know if there is a cap on taking advantage of the frozen food (B10G100) AM promotion running at Safeway just now? I asked at customer service and the clerk wasn't sure but thought you could come back once a day and get the 100 AMs.
    You're allowed 10 multiples or 500 AMs on any particular offer/day/shop.

On the frozen Foods this means you could buy:

5 (multiples) x 10 = 50 items and get 500AMs

If you bought 60 (6 multiples) you'd still only get 500 as that's the max.

You could do this every day and get 7 x 500 = 3,500 AMs.

What is not clear for us is if you shop 2 times in a day could you get 2 x 500 = 1,000 AMs.

Some people say you can get around the 500 limit by having a 2nd Safeway Club Card but I haven't tested it.

Note: 500 is not the limit for the day but the limit per offer so you can go over 500 by combining different offers. The B$100G100AM coupon is also added on regardless of the 500 limit.

Note: It's easy to become addicted to AirMiles. Only buy these things if the AirMiles give you a price advantage over buying elsewhere, otherwise you're just wasting your money.

My brother started working for Safeway about 6 months ago. He says he has a AM card for me that Safeway gives out for employees and their family members. Does anyone know how this works?
    Don't know but what I've heard is that employees get a discount on Safeway House Brands so that can boost their AirMile returns.
    Last edited by operabob; Sun, Aug 28th, 2011 at 12:40 PM.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

You're allowed 10 multiples or 500 AMs on any particular offer/day/shop.
    This came into effect about 2 years ago after a dog food special.

It was possible to go in and buy around $500 of dog food and come out with about $2,000 + worth of AirMiles. The dog food was flying off the shelves so fast and being donated to animal shelters for tax receipts that I assumed the sponsor lost a fortune. Safeway then put on the 500 AM limit to slow things down a bit.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Just talked to an employee and he said their AirMiles card is no different than anyone else's. But he was a youngun' and wasn't super sure.

OK, my wife has a big event coming up later this year so I bit on the necklace based on Newf's research but this one is selling slow so I think it'll likely fail in which case I'll wait for something else or nothing. ;-)
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

He collects for me using my extra AM card. I'm getting something for the Employee card. I just don't know how it works. I thought maybe they were matching Base AMs but it doesn't add up on my statement.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I know all the women here will hate me but my wife's 60th is coming up and I'll give her the necklace at the party.

She hates AirMiles (because I like them) and I'll be killing myself laughing on the inside over how I got the necklace.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

necklace sold out, the auctions are atrocious, airmiles and a fool are soon departed

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good Morning, I hate to ask but does anyone have an extra access code? I forgot my codes at home and am now at work and don't want to miss out on the group buy (assuming its something good). If you do, please email me at [email protected].

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Frem,

Check your mail.

8:05 and still not showing.
    Last edited by operabob; Mon, Aug 29th, 2011 at 11:05 AM.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Thread Information