User Tag List

Page 371 of 966 FirstFirst ... 271 321 361 369 370 371 372 373 381 421 471 871 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,565 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    126 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coley3 View Post
    I signed up.But just had my Credit Card # stolen. So am waiting on my new card. Not sure if I will resign up or not for this promo. Little skeptical on how it got stolen as I almost never use it. Perhaps it was from signing up on this promo?
    Oh great, cause I just signed up yesterday!!!!!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Not saying it was this but just putting it out there.The only other thing I used it for besides the dentist in the last 6 months was some stuff through Paypal. Which I have never before had a problem. Can't think of anywhere else I used it. I only use it for big out of the ordinary things. However once someone steals your info. they could always sit on it for awhile before using. Anyway the person only charged 2 things to it but it was in the States so I suppose that was why it was ged. Didn't trust the automated call I got so called the # on the back of my Visa and sure enough it was a legit phone call. Their computer automatically ged it then made the call. The charges were from a hotel. I hope they tried to use it after that and it came up stolen to the cashier. I have to change so many things now. Oh well. This is a first for me. So I suppose I should be thankful for that. Also the bank took care of everything. So that was great. The only reason I mention this Safeway/Visa thing is because it was the last thing I did before it was stolen. However it seemed legit when I signed up.
    hok2 likes this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

hok2 and coley3 like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks for the info OB, I had no idea these cards were at risk. I'll have to wrap some foil on them! Hmmm I wonder who has foil on sale! LOL!!
    hok2 likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

You can demand/insist on a non-RFID card but they might hassle you over it.
    hok2 likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

There are lots of youtube videos on deactivating RFID chips but make sure if you do as some could be scams getting you to damage your cards:

https://www.youtube.com/results?hl=e...N&tab=w1&gl=CA
    hok2 likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow I never knew about this. Thanks for showing us how to do it!
    operabob likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    One of the better looking offers IMO next week is Campbell's Tetra Broth & Creations Soups B6G50 2.50/1.62

On Tuesday it'll be 2.25/1.37

I think I still have some valid $0.50 coupons on the broth and possibly B3G1 on the soup.
    They have the organic broths on sale for 2/$5 which is a really good deal. They are regularly over $4 opposed to $2.99 for the regular broths. I was at Superstore today and they had the organic broths @ $3.26 and the regulars @$2

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Was in Fairway today. My wife insists on shopping there as she's firmly convinced that it's cheaper than Safeway.

They have Red Rose Tea (144) on sale for $8.99.

I pointed out that I bought it last week at Safeway for $4.99 with 10 AMs/box ($1.05).
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Thanks so much for the video Bob. I can see now that I didn't even have to use my Credit card for it to be stolen which now makes the most sense to me. We were in West Edmonton Mall the other week and it was packed with people. It could have easily happened there Not that it can't happen here. I'll be wrapping mine with tinfoil if the new one comes with the chip. People these days.
    operabob likes this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Interesting that you only have to spend 650. My offer requires spending substantially more (almost 4X more). Spoke to Air Miles customer service and American Express customer service to see if my spending amount could be changed: nope.
    In effect their promotion for infrequent users of their card is a disincentive for regular users: a promotion that disadvantages consumer loyalty...so much for loyalty programs.
    operabob likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by chien22 View Post
    Interesting that you only have to spend 650. My offer requires spending substantially more (almost 4X more). Spoke to Air Miles customer service and American Express customer service to see if my spending amount could be changed: nope.
    In effect their promotion for infrequent users of their card is a disincentive for regular users: a promotion that disadvantages consumer loyalty...so much for loyalty programs.
    I think the purpose of this special offer is to get more new customers who have not spent enough money yet. If you are already spending large amount of money without any bonus, they don't need to give you any incentive to spend more.
    operabob likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by a_1_a View Post
    I think the purpose of this special offer is to get more new customers who have not spent enough money yet. If you are already spending large amount of money without any bonus, they don't need to give you any incentive to spend more.
    A thank you for being a loyal customer (which does not have to be the same amount of AM as the 'new customer' incentive you suggest) would have been nice...I'm now looking at other credit cards that might me feel a bit more valued...(maybe one that offers an occasional chocolate or glass of wine?
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Are the BW GCs no longer available at AirMiles? Can't find them!
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Mtngrl
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi OB, I was trying to buy them last month and they kept appearing and disappearing from the site. Sometimes it would say Out of Stock and other times you couldn't find them at all. I just kept going back everyday and eventually I was able to order 3 of the $100. GCs. I checked the day after I had ordered and they were gone again. So all I can say is: Keep Checking.
    operabob likes this.

Thread Information