User Tag List

Page 651 of 966 FirstFirst ... 151 551 601 641 649 650 651 652 653 661 701 751 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,765 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by RonBC View Post
    Just received this weeks flyer .. on the back of the insert it says:
    "Look for next week's flyer for an even easier way to save at Safeway!"
    "It all begins next week."

I assume this is the end of the Club Card.

Ron.
    I predict Safeway is implementing the Club Sobeys program chain-wide: https://www.clubsobeys.com/Home.aspx

I don't know the details of the Sobeys program but it seems to be more sophisticated than anything Safeway offers currently, seems to offer better value to customers, probably better data collection for their management as well. Like Loblaw's PCPlus program, Club Sobeys lets you redeem points right away for grocery discounts, as well as a good selection of gift cards and merch, and offers customized digital coupon offers.

Safeway has already replaced their old 5-digit PLU codes on their coupons with the longer Sobeys-style codes. That was probably the start of the consolidation. They recently shut down the newatsafeway.ca website. Next up: terminate Email Direct and Club Card and roll out Club Sobeys.

The more exciting question is: do they press the eject button on Airmiles as well? Toss out both Safeway Club AND Airmiles and go with a single modern loyalty program in Club Sobeys.

Might not be the worst thing for customers. Might be the death knell for Airmiles however.
    operabob and Lavender Lady like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Note to self: don't forget to use up all my e-auction access codes to enter the weekly draw by Thursday (draw #1).
    operabob likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    ROTFLMAO!

They might be eliminating Club Cards to foil those of us with multiple cards!
    Now that's gonna suck!!
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kelsie94 View Post
    Now that's gonna suck!!
    Well if they dump AM's then Metro will surely pick it up across the west. They are running a program similar to AM's locally where you get rebates depending on how many "bucks" you accumulate via purchases--last time I checked its value was close to what AM was--and I know they'd love to pick it up--wouldn't that be ironic--promote the heck out of the AM auction, then dump AM's right after it ends...what a concept; but given what we see today, not out of the realm of possibilities.

On a lighter note, the AM e-auction temporary insanity continues--the cooking set that barely sold out at 650 a couple of days ago, is in a dog fight at over 1,000, and counting. Emax might have to give out multiple awards today.
    Last edited by VEGAS PILGRIM; Thu, Mar 27th, 2014 at 09:55 AM.
    worldgirl, operabob and 4sure5 like this.
    I use DropBox to store my Las Vegas pictures, books, etc., online. It works on every device/computer that I use, and gives you 2.0GB of storage for FREE. Use the link below, sign up, and you and I will both get an EXTRA 500MB of storage, for FREE.
    https://db.tt/UXGIw4Ke

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think there should be an award for the biggest dollar overbid of the year, because this Mac Book Pro is almost $1000 over the price
    operabob and VEGAS PILGRIM like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by emax View Post
    I predict Safeway is implementing the Club Sobeys program chain-wide: https://www.clubsobeys.com/Home.aspx

I don't know the details of the Sobeys program but it seems to be more sophisticated than anything Safeway offers currently, seems to offer better value to customers, probably better data collection for their management as well. Like Loblaw's PCPlus program, Club Sobeys lets you redeem points right away for grocery discounts, as well as a good selection of gift cards and merch, and offers customized digital coupon offers.

Safeway has already replaced their old 5-digit PLU codes on their coupons with the longer Sobeys-style codes. That was probably the start of the consolidation. They recently shut down the newatsafeway.ca website. Next up: terminate Email Direct and Club Card and roll out Club Sobeys.

The more exciting question is: do they press the eject button on Airmiles as well? Toss out both Safeway Club AND Airmiles and go with a single modern loyalty program in Club Sobeys.

Might not be the worst thing for customers. Might be the death knell for Airmiles however.
    Sobeys has always offered Air Miles in Atlantic Canada and does not offer Club Sobeys points. They could be switching to this across the country now that they are permitted to offer Air Miles nation wide.

Ron.
    Last edited by RonBC; Thu, Mar 27th, 2014 at 02:53 PM.
    operabob likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    I think there should be an award for the biggest dollar overbid of the year, because this Mac Book Pro is almost $1000 over the price
    Great idea! I'll create another facepalm award Name:  Facepalm8.gif
Views: 1847
Size:  441 Bytes just for that.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by emax View Post
    Great idea! I'll create another facepalm award Name:  Facepalm8.gif
Views: 1847
Size:  441 Bytes just for that.
    Ha Ha Nice one I saw it!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by RonBC View Post
    Sobeys has always offered Air Miles in Atlantic Canada and does not offer Club Sobeys points. They could be switching to this across the country now that they are permitted to offer Air Miles nation wide.

Ron.
    Went to get 2 bottles of pop, a new flyer, and another game card, and got to talk to a real cashier for once--she confirmed the club card is morte!! She said they will be changing not to AM card but some sort of other card that she wasn't aware of, then to nothing perhaps (conjecture on her part). So my takeaway (other than not winning on the game cards) was that people here are pretty sharp in predicting the change, and that the "new way to save" won't save us as much as the old way did.
    operabob and 4sure5 like this.
    I use DropBox to store my Las Vegas pictures, books, etc., online. It works on every device/computer that I use, and gives you 2.0GB of storage for FREE. Use the link below, sign up, and you and I will both get an EXTRA 500MB of storage, for FREE.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

eAuction Group Buy Hint: Sometimes you just need to tune everything out…

http://safewayeauction.ca/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?sid=1100281&auctionId=120621 &xyz=3/25/2014%2011:31:00

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I wonder if there will still be $0.05/L of gas when u spend $35.00 at gas bar locations?
    operabob likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mrsf1sh View Post
    I wonder if there will still be $0.05/L of gas when u spend $35.00 at gas bar locations?
    The location with the only gas bar in my city has been sold to co-op.
    Last edited by Tommycoupons; Thu, Mar 27th, 2014 at 05:52 PM.
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

When I hear about "New & Improved Plans" I cringe!!!!

It means new & improved for the company.

OB
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    eAuction Group Buy Hint: Sometimes you just need to tune everything out…

http://safewayeauction.ca/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?sid=1100281&auctionId=120621 &xyz=3/25/2014%2011:31:00

OK since it's such a great hint (and response) that this seems like an absolute lock, what good are noise-cancelling headphones vs regular ones? (only good on planes, or do they have other places of value). Are they worth the (presumedly valued) 1,500 AM's??

Oh, and, here's something off their FB page:

https://socialassets.adobe.com/20140327222801586118.jpg

If you have a little one, you won't want to miss this 50% Off Huggies coupon! Starts tomorrow!

Last edited by VEGAS PILGRIM; Thu, Mar 27th, 2014 at 06:55 PM.
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi all, website would not let me print the actual coupons, for some reason, nonethless, here they are, you may be able to click through and print whatever you want. Now note at the bottom--it's coming from Sobeys here in Canada, not Safeway in Phoenix, AZ---transitions are coming.

Don’t miss these offers! They are exclusive to eDirect members ONLY! Simply click on an offer below and print the coupon to redeem in-store.

These coupons are valid for a limited time and expire April 3, 2014! Please see in-store for even more great savings!

Enjoy these great offers today!

Terms and Conditions: One coupon per eMail Direct subscriber. Coupon has no cash value, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other coupon offer. No time extensions of expired offers. Coupons valid at all Safeway stores. Club Prices valid with Safeway Club Card only. Some exclusions apply. See in store for a complete list of exclusions.

Copyright © 2014 Sobeys West Inc., 1020-64th Ave NE, Calgary AB, T2E 7V8. 1-877-SAFEWAY.

operabob and L-M like this.

Thread Information