User Tag List

Page 720 of 966 FirstFirst ... 220 620 670 710 718 719 720 721 722 730 770 820 ... LastLast
Results 10,786 to 10,800 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Only wish the Safeway here would let me use more than 1 Soft Soap coupon. I got shut down every time no matter how I explained to the cashier what "one coupon per purchase" means.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by engo View Post
    Only wish the Safeway here would let me use more than 1 Soft Soap coupon. I got shut down every time no matter how I explained to the cashier what "one coupon per purchase" means.
    That really sucks. I wonder what their problem is at your store wherever that is.
    operabob, engo and Jouelle89 like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Selected Softsoap hand soap is 98 cents at Walmart. 2 cents cash back for every 1 you buy.

Ron.
    Last edited by RonBC; Sun, Mar 15th, 2015 at 10:44 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    Ya, but I like longer vacations and places more off the "beaten path". Ugh I'm still so disgusted with airmiles. They basically just cut the value in half for most travel. It seems the westjet flights are still the base mile requirement. I found one trip through westjet, but their flight service is garbage and it wasn't somewhere I really wanted to go. It wanted me to layover one night in Calgary then one night in toronto and the same bloody thing on the way back. On top of all that they don't fly to as many destinations as Air Canada and their planes and service is worse than Air Canada. So it seems to me the only company Airmiles has now for "regular" flights is WestJet, because overseas flights are few destinations with insanely high service fees that make it pointless.
    Air Miles is best used on short haul flights with lots of availability within Canada (within same zone and one/two zones over) or to the US and Mexico. I posted last Spring about how Air Miles is trying to devalue the Dream miles to 10.5 cents/AM so people move stop collecting Dream Miles and start collecting Cash Miles. I remember getting up to 30 cents/AM value on flights with the high taxes and fees and now I'm lucky to get 15 or 16 cents per AM on flights. I have seen some flight that only get 7-8 cents per AM recently. I still collect the Dream Miles and purchase at least two tickets to Mexico every year (sometimes we go twice) but I have my dates known well in advance. I booked two tickets to Cabo for Xmas in late February and still couldn't get the regular AM rate, so we are leaving a day later to save 600 AM per ticket and $140 for each of the cash tickets bought.

Last fall, I looked at AM flights to Amsterdam and the fees were $2 (YES $2) less than the entire ticket (return trip) if booked on Google Flights. That's not even counting the 4875 AM (with 25% discount) I would have to spend. That makes me mad!!!
    Last edited by flyforfree; Wed, Mar 18th, 2015 at 09:18 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by flyforfree View Post
    Air Miles is best used on short haul flights with lots of availability within Canada (within same zone and one/two zones over) or to the US and Mexico. I posted last Spring about how Air Miles is trying to devalue the Dream miles to 10.5 cents/AM so people move stop collecting Dream Miles and start collecting Cash Miles. I remember getting up to 30 cents/AM value on flights with the high taxes and fees and now I'm lucky to get 15 or 16 cents per AM on flights. I have seen some flight that only get 7-8 cents per AM recently. I still collect the Dream Miles and purchase at least two tickets to Mexico every year (sometimes we go twice) but I have my dates known well in advance. I booked two tickets to Cabo for Xmas in late February and still couldn't get the regular AM rate, so we are leaving a day later to save 600 AM per ticket and $140 for each of the cash tickets bought.

Last fall, I looked at AM flights to Amsterdam and the fees were $2 (YES $2) less than the entire ticket (return trip) if booked on Google Flights. That's not even counting the 4875 AM (with 25% discount) I would have to spend. That makes me mad!!!
    Ya it has been similar for me. I just screwed up this last booking big time. I know for the overseas flights if they even fly to a overseas destination the "taxes" are so insanely high your better off just paying cash through like expedia or something. I used to travel overseas every winter, but the dollar has tanked so much the past two years. I used to use airmiles for domestic flights to Vancouver then fly out on a chinese airline from there. This past year I decided to go south and just use airmiles and take shorter vacations. I don't see the dollar going anywhere but down for quite sometime so I decided to do the same thing for next year and go for a shorter time. this upcoming vacation will be my shortest in 5 years. I'm still getting better value than airmiles cash and if I didn't get screwed/ screw myself on this last booking I would have gotten high value for my miles. With all that being said I did earn a lot less airmiles last year compared to previous years mostly due to the Safeway takeover and expect it to continue to get worse. For now I'm just going to focus on collecting airmiles and try to forget about my loss. I will see what happens next year and decide if I start to bail out on this program.
    operabob and Jouelle89 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Flyer here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/401395-...a/#post6343045

Looks like Friday only is the best day to shop: A few decent deals with the bonus friday only coupon and friday only deals. The cheese is a good deal.
    Let me know if anyone notices anything great especially bonus airmiles offers that you can use coupons on.
    operabob, engo, Purdee and 1 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks.
    Don't see any deal other than the cheese.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Activa 8x100g are b2g40 and on sale 2/8.00. Works out to 1.90 per... Not bad imo. superstore had these for $3.33 this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Putting two and two together, it looks like BMO's going to have a new Air Mile card soon that'll earn you strictly Air Mile CASH rewards. I did a credit card survey on the weekend that threw all kinds of hints at the idea. Then today I (I'm sure others here did too) received this email from Air Miles.

Dear BestNick,

Something exciting is happening at BMO this spring and you're among the first to know. Look for exciting details coming very soon from BMO.

Last edited by BestNick; Wed, Mar 18th, 2015 at 10:45 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mrsf1sh View Post
    Activa 8x100g are b2g40 and on sale 2/8.00. Works out to 1.90 per... Not bad imo. superstore had these for $3.33 this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm curious if there are coupons for these floating around?
    operabob and ROMEO like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Safeway and Snapsaves.

12 scrubbing bubbles @ 2.50 each
    Tuna 4/5.00
    Nature Valley granola bars 3/9.00 (40 AM)
    Magazine @ 5.99 (Madonna on rolling stone - love her)
    Buns 4.59
    Frozen stir fry 2 @ 5.00
    Total = 68.60
    - 22.50 scrubbing bubbles coup various
    - 5.00 entertainment book coupon
    - 40.00 AM cash
    = 1.10 cash
    - 21.00 snapsaves
    = + 19.90
    Plus 92 AM

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by shopperwho View Post
    Safeway and Snapsaves.

12 scrubbing bubbles @ 2.50 each
    Tuna 4/5.00
    Nature Valley granola bars 3/9.00 (40 AM)
    Magazine @ 5.99 (Madonna on rolling stone - love her)
    Buns 4.59
    Frozen stir fry 2 @ 5.00
    Total = 68.60
    - 22.50 scrubbing bubbles coup various
    - 5.00 entertainment book coupon
    - 40.00 AM cash
    = 1.10 cash
    - 21.00 snapsaves
    = + 19.90
    Plus 92 AM
    You posted this on the flyer too. where do you see the nature valley deal??

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    126 (100%)

Cheap coffee at Safeway today. Buy 5 folgers coffee, 5x$7.99-$2 coupons, plus 60 airmiles, and on CO51 u can get $2.50x5 back(usually u can only get 1 but for some reason they have been upping the numbers! Hooray!! So with very rough calculation it works out to about$2.50 per large can of coffee....wow!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jennrav View Post
    Cheap coffee at Safeway today. Buy 5 folgers coffee, 5x$7.99-$2 coupons, plus 60 airmiles, and on CO51 u can get $2.50x5 back(usually u can only get 1 but for some reason they have been upping the numbers! Hooray!! So with very rough calculation it works out to about$2.50 per large can of coffee....wow!!!
    I wish that was last weeks offers
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Dear R,

Check out this One Day Only Extreme AIR MILES® Event. No coupons required.
    Tommycoupons likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Thread Information