User Tag List

Page 948 of 966 FirstFirst ... 448 848 898 938 946 947 948 949 950 958 ... LastLast
Results 14,206 to 14,220 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by fegonia View Post
    Question: How often are the awesome Safeway offers posted in this thread also valid at Sobeys? Sometimes? Rarely?
    The answer is sometimes when the deals are worthwhile and it is getter rarer and rarer because only the blue Friday’s deals are worthwhile now which is once a month. Since Safeway and Sobeys are owned by Sobeys now and there is only one flyer for both stores, the AM in the flyer is good for both stores.
    operabob, dededi and fegonia like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by a_1_a View Post
    I think it is up to each store to issue rain check. I find that Safeway stores have better rain check policy than Sobeys because most Sobeys stores are franchised while Safeway stores are Corp. owned. The only improvement is that the CSR Can issued the AM on your receipt right away now, comparing to the good old pre Safeway/Sobeys merge days that they would record the AM manually on their log book and you might get the AM a few weeks later.
    Sobeys stores are franchised? That's the first I've every heard of that.

Ron.
    operabob and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by a_1_a View Post
    The answer is sometimes when the deals are worthwhile and it is getter rarer and rarer because only the blue Friday’s deals are worthwhile now which is once a month. Since Safeway and Sobeys are owned by Sobeys now and there is only one flyer for both stores, the AM in the flyer is good for both stores.
    Wait what? i could have done this promo?????? In ontario

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
    operabob likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Article on maximizing Airmiles (does Julie read this thread????).

We might argue with some of the valuations.

http://www.moneysense.ca/spend/credi...f995ef3192d47b
    Lavender Lady, list465 and dededi like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    Article on maximizing Airmiles (does Julie read this thread????).

We might argue with some of the valuations.

http://www.moneysense.ca/spend/credi...f995ef3192d47b
    So many errors in that article...

The Air Miles loyalty debit card is free and can be used at participating retailers—such as Metro, Sobeys and Rexall pharmacies to earn Miles. But its rewards can be small—1 mile per $20 spent at participating retailers (so a 0.75% return). But you can compound your Air Miles earning power by also getting an Air Miles credit card.

She calls the Air Miles card a debit card. I know BMO has a debit card that gives Air Miles, but that's not what she's referring to because she mentions double dipping with an Air Miles credit card.

Since groceries are often a family’s largest budget item, Air Miles hoarders should focus their grocery shopping at Sobeys or Metro.

No mention of Safeway. Like most people from the 'centre of the universe' she doesn't realize there's more to Canada than Toronto and that there are very few Sobeys stores in BC.

If you signed up for the BMO Air Miles World Elite Mastercard you would’ve received 3,000 welcome Air Miles on your first purchase.

1000 Miles after your first purchase, 2000 more after spending $3000

Also mentions maybe negotiating your first year free.. BMO card currently has first year free.

Ron.
    Last edited by RonBC; Tue, May 8th, 2018 at 11:00 AM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Last year rode over 700KM for this campaign (not bad for a 67 year old ;-) ) and raised over $1,100. Any way can only do half this year thanks to SB funded vacation. Regardless, I hope people can see what a worthy cause this is:

Robert Gibb

Hi Everyone,

I can only take part in half this event this year but I'd like you to see what we're raising money for. If you can help out my donation link will appear in the next post:
    Great Cycle Challenge
    Hi Robert,
    We are very excited to introduce you to one of our very special (and cutest) 2018 GCC ambassadors...
    Meet Beckett.

10-month-old Beckett was diagnosed with Infant Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia at just 2 months old, and has been hospitalized for the past 8 months...
    But no matter what he's going through, this gorgeous little guy never stops smiling. 💗
    Beckett
    Those beads around his neck are called bravery beads.
    Bravery beads are earned for every poke, prod, procedure, puncture, tube insertion, round of chemo, transfusion, scan, surgery and more.
    Baby Beckett has endured multiple rounds of chemotherapy, countless lumbar punctures, spinal taps, bone marrow biopsies, and numerous surgeries on his little body.
    Right now, Beckett is in hospital as he is too sick from his treatment.
    He's been in hospital for most of his life. 💔
    And that's not all...
    Beckett will still need to undergo chemotherapy EVERY DAY for the next 2 years.
    Kids should be living life, not fighting for it.

Because right now, over 1,400 Canadian children are diagnosed with cancer every year.
    This is why we ride.
    THANK YOU so much for joining us to ride 400km next month to give kids like Beckett the brighter futures they deserve.
    You're AWESOME.
    Great Cycle Challenge Team

Donations can be made here:

www.greatcyclechallenge.ca/Riders/RobertGibb

Help Robert Fight Kids' Cancer!
    greatcyclechallenge.ca
    Last edited by operabob; Tue, May 8th, 2018 at 09:22 PM.
    dededi likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RonBC View Post

The Air Miles loyalty debit card is free and can be used at participating retailers—such as Metro, Sobeys and Rexall pharmacies to earn Miles. But its rewards can be small—1 mile per $20 spent at participating retailers (so a 0.75% return). But you can compound your Air Miles earning power by also getting an Air Miles credit card.

She calls the Air Miles card a debit card. I know BMO has a debit card that gives Air Miles, but that's not what she's referring to because she mentions double dipping with an Air Miles credit card.

Since groceries are often a family’s largest budget item, Air Miles hoarders should focus their grocery shopping at Sobeys or Metro.

No mention of Safeway. Like most people from the 'centre of the universe' she doesn't realize there's more to Canada than Toronto and that there are very few Sobeys stores in BC.

If you signed up for the BMO Air Miles World Elite Mastercard you would’ve received 3,000 welcome Air Miles on your first purchase.

Also mentions maybe negotiating your first year free.. BMO card currently has first year free.

Ron.
    Sobey's isn't all that popular in Ontario and a number of their stores closed or are closing. They are quite overpriced. Metro and No Frills are the bigger ones here.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sobeys stores are franchised? That's the first I've every heard of that.

Ron.
    http://corporate.sobeys.com/media-ce...nc-fast-facts/

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ron.
    AM card can be considered a debit card, even though it is not a traditional bank debit card that is linked to your bank acct. Both the bank debit card and the AM card can make purchase in a store without paying cash. The bank debit card withdraws(debits) cash from your bank acct while the AM card withdraws(debits) the AM from your AM acct.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There is a Whitecaps experience in the rewards section for Onyx members. 1 person 500am if anyone is interested. Includes food and drink.

Wish there were 1am tickets to Les Miserables or something fun
    Last edited by Grasshopper99; Sat, May 12th, 2018 at 01:02 PM.
    operabob, dededi and Speedy69 like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper99 View Post
    There is a Whitecaps experience in the rewards section for Onyx members. 1 person 500am if anyone is interested. Includes food and drink.

I'm a little disappointed in the Whitecaps package. The past few years it's been 1 Air Mile - amazing. 1000 Air Miles for a couple is a little more than I'm willing to spend. Maybe 500 for two.

Ron.
    operabob, Lavender Lady and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Ron,

Out of town and can't access the offer but from what Raj tells me I think this is the other deal. They usually have 2 offers with one field side for 1AM and another higher up (in a box?) for a much higher exchange. Check and see if that's the issue.

As I recall our contact said last year they might not offer the 1SB deal as too many people weren't showing. They wanted people to put more upfront to encourage attendence.
    dededi likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    Ron,

Out of town and can't access the offer but from what Raj tells me I think this is the other deal. They usually have 2 offers with one field side for 1AM and another higher up (in a box?) for a much higher exchange. Check and see if that's the issue.

As I recall our contact said last year they might not offer the 1SB deal as too many people weren't showing. They wanted people to put more upfront to encourage attendence.
    Hopefully.. though if you click through, this one is indicated as an 'Onyx Reward'...

Ron.
    operabob likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper99 View Post

Thanks. I may go for it. I have 25k air miles so might as well use them up.
    There are 3 whitecaps offers:
    1) Balcony suite experience for Aug 18, 2018 at 500 am per person.Private Access to Balcony Suite Seats
    · Fan Favourite Game Day Food
    · Non-Alcoholic Beverages

2) 850 AM for 2 peopleVancouver Whitecaps FC - Soccer Ticket - Yellow Section (Package for Two)

Take your seats in the Yellow Corner Section and enjoy close proximity to the team benches, field-level access to the player entrance tunnel, and access to a private food court.
    3) 118
    0 AM for 2 people
    Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Soccer Ticket - Blue Midfield Section (Package of Two)

Take your seats at centre pitch in the Blue midfield section and enjoy close proximity to the team benches, field-level access to the player entrance tunnel, and access to a private food court.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

According to my calculations the Megamiles should be awarded on Tuesday.
    well thats 45 days anyway and I am keeping my fingers crossed

Page 948 of 966 FirstFirst ... 448 848 898 938 946 947 948 949 950 958 ... LastLast

Thread Information