User Tag List

Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
Like Tree534Likes

Thread: So. I did it - I put my wallet where my mouth is and I joined Weight Watchers!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It makes sense, I was increasing protein and I stayed on track. I had a little carb binge (staying in points) and craved stuff

Not looking forward to weigh-in, I was already up on Friday and then went out for dinner and drinks with friends
    operabob, walkonby and ssbean like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Let me know if there is a better place to post this.....well after seeing my Natureopath yesterday I got some possible insight into why I have been craving sweets like mad!

I just figured it was because I had been without sugar ( well mostly ) since April and my body was freaking out.

She asked me if I have reduced my intake of my protein much, and by golly once I reviewed my food journals I absolutely had!! There were many meals in some days, and several days in a row, that I just ate very light...veg, rice, salads, my fruits.
    She said it can cause cravings for sweets, anyone else heard this? I forget the reason why now...must search Google for that I guess.
    Interesting! I eat a protein at every meal and I still crave sugar. When I am tired I really have a hard time fighting those sugar cravings. I have never heard this so I can't offer any help but I hope you can find more info.
    walkonby likes this.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ssbean View Post
    Interesting! I eat a protein at every meal and I still crave sugar. When I am tired I really have a hard time fighting those sugar cravings. I have never heard this so I can't offer any help but I hope you can find more info.
    I have heard similar things before that your body craves things not necessarily what you have limited/cut out. Craving cheese is a fat-deficiency I think. Craving sugar is supposedly because of blood sugar fluctuations and it's the quick fix, rather than complex options.

I am with ssbean - my sugars are pretty constant (I have a paranoid diabetic fiancé who tests me frequently) soooo, I just like sugar?
    walkonby and ssbean like this.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Its not about having protein but high protein I think

Personally, I think sugar is just addictive, I leave some points/calories to allow myself some because I know I will want them. If by the end of the day the craving isnt bad, then I have a healthier snack, but I dont deprive myself of the sweets I want

Maintained this week, which given the weekend, is pretty good
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yup I maintained as well ( don't know how?? ) I also increased the protein at each meal from 2 oz to 3 or 4 oz. See if that helps fend off the cravings.
    FallenPixels and ssbean like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I am starting WW on Monday and I am scared out of my wit! I'm 155lbs and need (ok--doc says I'm a healthy weight...so i WANT) to get down to 140lbs. I'm 5'8" so my daily allowance is only 27 pts. I was looking through the booklet of points and I think I will be eating toast and eggs for the rest of my life :'( (the points add up soooo fast!). I have to say though, this thread is very inspirational
    itsjustmebub and ssbean like this.
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Toast points add up (coming from the carb junkie)
    Eat lots of veggies, they are point free
    The best way to feel full is to take a reg plate and visually split it into 4 segments. 1 is meat, 1 starch (whole grain if poss) and the other half are veggies
    operabob, ssbean and natynat like this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

1.1lbs this week
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Congrats on all of the weight loss and effort toward it! I am looking to stop putting junk in my mouth. Not sure why I do it, probably something related to instant gratification or emotional eating. I am going to check into this thread more often for inspiration and try exercising in place of chip eating. You guys are awesome. Every time I blink I have more in common with SCers.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I did my bust/waist/hip measurements yesterday with my running buddies, and I'm happy to say that I'm down 5 inches in my waist! We'll measure them in a month or so again.

Also, you know how there is pear shape and apple,... did you know there is a banana shape? Apparently I am it... I always just called myself a cylinder but I should be called a banana. 46% of you women out there are also bananas.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

A banana? Who knew
    I am a pear
    ssbean likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

A banana? First time I hear this lol. Sounds cute :p

My third day on WW today, so far so good! Points add up super quick though...especially when I'm in school 8:30 am to 5:30pm. Yesteday 10 of my 27 pts went into that window of time with a simple sandwhich, cheesestring, and oreo thinsations! Haven't used any bonus points, I'm keeping them for one day "off"
    ssbean, Granger and alicia like this.
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I'm not crazy ladies
    Name:  Body Types.png
Views: 256
Size:  79.5 KB
    aussie, walkonby, ssbean and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

makes sense, although it makes me think of someone kinda bent in the middle
    aussie, walkonby, ssbean and 1 others like this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    makes sense, although it makes me think of someone kinda bent in the middle
    Lol!
    ssbean likes this.

Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread Information