User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

went to CT today to get some vim that was on sale and got a food savor that was on sale in the flyer for 69.89. I showed the cashier my coupons for the vim and she got upset because she had to deal with them I had 10 vim and 10 coupons. While she is whinning my husband sees that the food savor came up as 99.99 and shows her the flyer for the sale and she just shrugged at us, then she call asst manager to ask if there was a fast way to deal with my coupons, he comes over and reads it out loud so we have a scene at this time, cashier complaining to other customers about us and the coupons and we were going to be awhile. I was getting upset at this point and the manager calls his manager and he tells him what the coupons are and it says 1 per purchase and he says that is fine and he argues with him about it ( We explained it to him several times and he wouldn't listen to us and called his boss) he gets off the phone and the cashier mentions the food saver coming up wrong and he said leave it at that price.(wth) then looks at me and says I am not going to let you use any of these coupons because I am not allowing you to get them for free. I then told him I would take my business to a different store and he said ok. So I left everything there and walked out. I am going to contact the owner of the store over this because as upset as I was over the vim he also refused to correct the price on the food saver that was in the flyer and posted in the store. Any advise on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Tabby40; Sat, Sep 17th, 2011 at 12:04 PM.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Sounds like regular Canadian Tire customer service. I limit my purchases there.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I can not see me ever going there again.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Sounds like par for the course CT customer service.

I avoid CT like the plague. I would rather price match or pay more at another store rather than give CT one cent of my business.

I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What horrible service. I find most of the cashiers there are very unfriendly especially when you`re using coupons.
    Wanna get paid giftcards and Paypal cash? Join Swagbucks right now!
    Don't you want free giftcards, prizes and money just for clicking?
    I've earned $180! Join Superpoints today

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

typical CT fashion. I saw a manager yell out in the parking lot to a customer "and dont come back". (Apparently this man went in to purchase something)
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

As much as I hate to admit it I cried over it. I am not sure that calling the owner or anyone else will help,has any one else ever done that with any amount of success?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is terrible, I would definately be calling the store owner and e-mailing Canadian Tire on their web site. I hope you got the names of the people involved. I have had problems before at CT as well and have found the more noise you make the better service you get.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby40 View Post
    went to CT today to get some vim that was on sale and got a food savor that was on sale in the flyer for 69.89. I showed the cashier my coupons for the vim and she got upset because she had to deal with them I had 10 vim and 10 coupons. While she is whinning my husband sees that the food savor came up as 99.99 and shows her the flyer for the sale and she just shrugged at us, then she call asst manager to ask if there was a fast way to deal with my coupons, he comes over and reads it out loud so we have a scene at this time, cashier complaining to other customers about us and the coupons and we were going to be awhile. I was getting upset at this point and the manager calls his manager and he tells him what the coupons are and it says 1 per purchase and he says that is fine and he argues with him about it ( We explained it to him several times and he wouldn't listen to us and called his boss) he gets off the phone and the cashier mentions the food saver coming up wrong and he said leave it at that price.(wth) then looks at me and says I am not going to let you use any of these coupons because I am not allowing you to get them for free. I then told him I would take my business to a different store and he said ok. So I left everything there and walked out. I am going to contact the owner of the store over this because as upset as I was over the vim he also refused to correct the price on the food saver that was in the flyer and posted in the store. Any advise on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
    Canadian Tire participates in SCOP so you should have got $10 off the $69.89.Price Match the Vim at Walmart.Definitely contact the owner of the store.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

That is awful! I thought taking almost an hour to do my transaction was bad. Nobody complained about the coupons, but the prob was nobody knows how to do a SCOP without charging me the taxes on FREE items. Grrrrr. I use the Trenton store mostly, thanks for the heads up about the Belleville store.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Customer service is a something you will never get at CT OR Zellers, I always avoid these dept. stores!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by iggysbabysitter View Post
    That is awful! I thought taking almost an hour to do my transaction was bad. Nobody complained about the coupons, but the prob was nobody knows how to do a SCOP without charging me the taxes on FREE items. Grrrrr. I use the Trenton store mostly, thanks for the heads up about the Belleville store.

this was the Napanee store, I have never had a problem there before. I didn't even mention scop because they refused to even give me the sale, this manager said to just leave it at the 99.99 and I was to upset to get the names but I am going to call the owner on Monday and contact their head office. My husband is seeing red because they made me cry when I left so chances are he is going to do the phone calls

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

That is disgusting that they treated you in that fashion! I did 2 transactions there yesterday for the Vim. Both times the cashiers huffed & puffed, like it was a huge inconvenience to key the coupons in. I felt I was a "less than" customer. Without a doubt your experience needs to be followed up with the owner and/or head office.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby40 View Post
    sounds EXACTLY like my LAST transaction at CTC in Kingston. I mean LAST. LOL Not happy with them at all. I too was humiliated and posted about my experience using coupons or trying to!

Please visit our beautiful Ragdoll Cats and Kittens @ www.lionsroyale.com

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

Typical. CT blows.

FT: AYLMER ACCENTS / LEAN CUISINE / LYSOL HANDSOAP / GOLD BOND and more
    ? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information