User Tag List

Thread: Potato dishes!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Everyone loves potatoes!

Parmesan baked little potatoes

This recipe calls for panko, a variety of flaky bread crumbs used in Japanese cuisine. Panko has a crispy, airy texture that adds something extra special to this appetizer. Add in the great taste of Parmesan, and you have a hit on your hands.

2 lbs of your favourite LPC potato variety, halved lengthwise
    1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
    1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
    1 tablespoon dried parsley
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1 tablespoon canola oil

Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).

Mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper until well combined. Toss the potatoes with the oil. Dredge the potatoes in the panko crumb mixture and coat well.
    Place the potatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet, and sprinkle any extra coating on top. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
    Serve with marinara or tomato sauce on the side for dipping

From The Little Potato Company

I used their potatoes, which I assume made prep time minimal (tiny little things, only needed to cut in half). I wish I had marinara sauce, but they were yummy
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

Sounds good I have some panko crumbs in the cupboard. The Bulk Barn is a good place to find them. Here is my recipe for a knock off, and healthier version, of McCain Potato Roasters (the ones in the box with the metal tray). I make these at least once a week.

5-8 Peeled and diced potatoes, depending on size of potatoes
    1-2 Tbsp oil
    1 tsp garlic salt
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp paprika (optional)
    1 Tbsp Mrs Dash seasoning (regular or garlic)
    1 1/2 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp dried basil

Mix Cubed potatoes with oil until coated, set aside. Mix all seasonings in a large Ziploc bag. Shake it to mix the seasonings together. I know all of us couponers have Ziploc bags . Add potatoes to the seasoning and shake until coated. Place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and bake for about 25 mins @ 350. Try to arrange them in a single layer. Turn once or twice during cooking.
    Last edited by sweetnlow30; Mon, Sep 19th, 2011 at 12:15 PM.
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

This is THE best potato bacon soup recipe I've had. It's delicious!

Loaded Baked Potato Soup
    Serves 4 (1 1/4 cups soup)

24 oz. red potatoes peeled (I use 2-3 big russets)
    2 teaspoons olive oil
    1/2 cup onion, chopped
    1 1/4 cups chicken broth
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    2 cups milk, divided
    1/4 cup sour cream
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    3 bacon slices, halved (or REAL bacon bits)
    1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    4 teaspoons thinly sliced green onions (optional)

1. Pierce potatoes with a fork. Microwave on HIGH 13 minutes or until tender. Cut in half; cool slightly.

2. While potatoes cook, heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add broth. Combine flour and 1/2 cup milk; add to pan with 1 1/2 cups milk. Bring to a boil; stir often. Cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream, salt, and pepper.

3. Arrange bacon on a paper towel on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with a paper towel; microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes. Crumble bacon.

4. Coarsely mash potatoes into soup. Top with cheese, green onions, and bacon.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

In a large roast pan I cut up ( using good strong scissors) Marc Angelo Mild Italian Sausages ( still frozen) into 1 inch pieces and bake them in a 375 degree oven, no lid for about 40 minutes. You can stir and check them at the 20 min mark.
    Once I see they are 2/3 done, sort of sizzling, I add the potatoes!!
    New potatoes, cut into pieces about 1 inch cube size. Make sure the sausage grease
    coats the taters when you mix them in together.
    Continue baking till the potatoes are soft ( covering the roast pan makes them cook quicker) , but I also like the browned crispy edges too. Your choice.

This potato sausage mixture just screams comfort food.

( Sorry vegetarians )

babies teach us acceptance

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How to cook perfect french fries at home. Any suggestions?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Potatoes are as American as Mom's Apple Pie - if Mom still baked pies. If you long for more than a simple bag of greasy Fries, then you've come to the right place.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Potato wedges, super easy lunch. Cut potatoes into quarters, I put them into a bowl with olive oil and seasoning (chili peppers today) and put them in the over at 400, bake for 20 mins, flip after ten.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I love potatoes! I have to try that potato soup recipe, usually I get the one from Safeway. I got a Kitchenaid for Christmas so I tried a new recipe for garlic mash. Once they were mashed I piped them into cute little swirls and baked them. Here's the recipe!

You need:
    1 1/4 lb potatoes (4 med)
    4 tbsp milk
    2 tbsp butter
    1 tsp minced garlic
    2 tbsp chopped chives
    To Do:
    1) Peel potatoes. Chop into chunks and boil until you can break apart with a fork.
    2) Place boiled potatoes into mixing bowl. (I used my Kitchenaid but you could also use a hand mixer or a potato masher, just adjust accordingly.) Use flat paddle on speed 2-4 until potatoes well blended. Unplug mixer and swap for whisk attachment. Add milk, butter, garlic and chives and mix until smooth on speeds 4-6.
    3) Spoon potatoes into large piping bag with a large tip. Pipe into swirls onto a greased baking sheet, similar to icing a cupcake. Swirls should be tight and not larger than a cookie. You're not done yet! If you're ready to serve dinner in the next 20 minutes, proceed to step 4. If not, you can leave your swirls on the counter for 45 minutes or so, or put them in the fridge if it's going to be longer. Cover with plastic wrap.
    4) To warm up bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. To crisp tops, broil for 2-3 minutes, until tops are golden brown.

If you want to see some pics I just started a cooking blog and I posted some here.
    http://ckitchenette.blogspot.com/201...to-swirls.html
    -----

Thread Information