User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi

I was just wondering which cellphone company are you with and What is your cellphone plan? how many mins and text message do you use? and what cellphone are you using?

I have Mobilicity $25 Back to school plan which includes unlimited local calling, unlimited text and picture messaging, caller ID and unlimited data.

My Usage:
    Per month I use about 1,000 mins mix of incoming and outgoing calls, ~400 text messages a month and maybe around 1.5gb of data

I pay $25 + tax 13% = $28.25
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

that's really good... I literally almost don't even use my cellphone and pay $50 per month through Koodo.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

i have rogers, texting is somewheres around 2000 a month, minutes maybe 500 and data no clue, but my bill is around 50 a month

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm with Chatr, I have the 35$ plan. I don't talk, so MAYBE 30 minutes a month. I send about 4,000 local texts, and 1,500 'long distance' texts a month. I've cut back though because my phone freezes when I try to erase them, and my memory is almost full. (I have to send it, then delete it from the out box so I can receive one)
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

i use public mobile's $15 unlimited talk plan + $15 add on for unlimited calling to 45 countries. great setup, it has replaced my home phone the phone is really plain though. it's only good for talking and texting
    Quote Originally Posted by emmy3111 View Post
    that's really good... I literally almost don't even use my cellphone and pay $50 per month through Koodo.
    that's really high. maybe you should switch one of the new carriers. if they're not in your area, try 7-11's speakout. a prepaid card is valid for 365 days. they start from $25.00 and it's $0.25/min.
    Enjoy chatting on forums or blogs? Get paid $0.05+ per post at Postloop!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

200 Daytime
    Unlimited Evening/Weekends starting 5 p.m
    Fido to Fido/Rogers
    Call Display w/Name Display
    Enhanced Voice Messaging
    Unlimited Incoming Local Calls
    2,500 text messages

Incoming I get about 2,000 mins, Daytime about 100 mins evenings/weekends I use 1,000mins, text I use average 2,000

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

i don't believe in plans.. i pay as i go.. $25 every two months.. i don't talk much, i send less than 50 texts per month, i never ever go over my time... yeah, i'm old now

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Curious but how much does it cost you?

Quote Originally Posted by win-star View Post
    200 Daytime
    Unlimited Evening/Weekends starting 5 p.m
    Fido to Fido/Rogers
    Call Display w/Name Display
    Enhanced Voice Messaging
    Unlimited Incoming Local Calls
    2,500 text messages

Incoming I get about 2,000 mins, Daytime about 100 mins evenings/weekends I use 1,000mins, text I use average 2,000

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBella View Post
    I'm with Chatr, I have the 35$ plan. I don't talk, so MAYBE 30 minutes a month. I send about 4,000 local texts, and 1,500 'long distance' texts a month. I've cut back though because my phone freezes when I try to erase them, and my memory is almost full. (I have to send it, then delete it from the out box so I can receive one)
    Just slowly delete a few at a time like 15 or 20, don't do delete all

Happens with my blackberry, so every day I just clear my inbox and outbox/sent

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    Curious but how much does it cost you?

$25 +tax

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Rogers pay as you go for BB.
    I had to switch to pay as you go because rogers is really awesome for screwing up phone bills.... I was on a great plan with my fave 5 and was paying $70 a month. Then all of a sudden my bill was $600, they credited my account after we figured everything out... (being charged for things that were supposed to be included in my plan) then the next month my bill was $500!! WTF...

So for my pay as you go i get...

- unlimited text
    - unlimited BBM
    - unlimited browsing
    - 100 day time minutes
    - ulimited local calling between 6 - 9pm.

costs me $40 a month.

I recently unlocked my phone though so I am hoping to get on a plan with another company, need to shop around first though.

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

I'm finding all these posts to be very useful information.
    To date, I've never had a cell phone, and I don't know much about the whole thing, though my kids have them. It always seemed like such a techno money-racket to me, and I just assumed it would rack up a pretty high monthly bill, so I've avoided the whole scenario till now.
    It's time to become better informed.

Question: Don't I have to get a cell-phone that connects with my local phone company's home equipment, or do other cell-phone companies operate in the area I live in, through satellite reception?

While using my neighbour's cell-phone this week, she showed me the huge box that is connected to their wall phone-jack, and which is somehow connected to their phones.
    Sorry for my lack of knowledge.
    ( Valiant, the valley-ant )

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

So these lower cost plans are they including data plans? Each of my girls have Iphone 4's(paid by themselves)and it cost $55 each not including the call display.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So these lower cost plans are they including data plans? Each of my girls have Iphone 4's(paid by themselves)and it cost $55 each not including the call display.
    It depends. So if you went with 7 eleven prepaid, data is $10 a month. Some of them include unlimited data. You have to go to a specific provider and ask them.
    Wanna get paid giftcards and Paypal cash? Join Swagbucks right now!
    Don't you want free giftcards, prizes and money just for clicking?
    I've earned $180! Join Superpoints today

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The lowest I've seen for data is about $50 for 500 MB of data with the major companies, $40 I've seen if they only use those social networks like facebook, twitter, msn/yahoo messenger, etc.

Which cellphone comanies are your daughters with? If your daughter has been with the company more than 6 months, just call in and ask if they can get like free caller display or and extra discount credits. You can also complain saying "I believe I am paying too much compare to other companies offering, I was wondering if you can help me out" ... if you be nice, most reps will happily help you out giving a slightly better to a really good deal. [sometimes have to call in a couple times to get the right rep to help]

The 2 new companies [Wind Mobile and Mobilicity occasionally have promotions but phones from the major companies doesn't work on the newer network] Like if you live in the major city, Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary is is a good deal. Mobilicity has a promotion going on now "back to school" deal ... anyone can get it [not restricted to student only] $25 for unlimited local, unlimited text and picture messaging and unlimited data

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

They are both with Telus on 3 year plans. Less than 6 months so far though.

They have 1gb data for each plan.
    Last edited by momof3heathens; Sun, Sep 25th, 2011 at 04:20 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information