User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Cia
    Female
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

Got in 3 of the gas cards today, yipiee.
    The paperwork with the card states "Inform the cashier that you would like to make a credit card purchase.....Not to exceed card value" "If the total price of your purchase exceeds the current balance on your card, pay the difference FIRST, via another form of payment"
    My understanding of this is : Only 1 card can be used per transaction. Lets say if my total is 15.75 I would have to pay 10.75 (cash, visa debit etc) then use the 5.00 card. Am I understanding this correctly?
    This thread is currently associated with: Kellogg's, Via Rail

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

That's exactly right!

Cia
    Female
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

Shoot, I was hoping I was wrong lol will just have to change my shopping plan a bit.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

You can use it first as long as the machine says $5 it will be accepted. If you happen to use it for less just be sure to write the balance down for next time

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Opps nevermind answered my own question

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    62 (100%)

these are great

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

Actually I have been using more than 1 in a transaction and I pay the cash (or however) at the end of the transaction.

If the clerk knows what they are doing it's not a problem.

I found it easiest to tell them to process each like a GC and have had no problems.

Cia
    Female
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marmaduke View Post
    Actually I have been using more than 1 in a transaction and I pay the cash (or however) at the end of the transaction.

If the clerk knows what they are doing it's not a problem.

I found it easiest to tell them to process each like a GC and have had no problems.
    Thanks for the info. I will give it a try.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Has anyone tried to use it anywhere other than a gas station?

Cia
    Female
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by love_012 View Post
    Has anyone tried to use it anywhere other than a gas station?
    Since it is a prepaid Master Card, and going by other posts, I believe that it can be used any place that accepts Master Card. If that's wrong, I'm sure someone will post.....lol

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I used last year's cards at Safeway and at a parking meter as well as at Gas Stations.

I ended up with a lot last year and found they were a real pain to use. One day at Esso the cashier put my last 6 all through on one transaction. Yeah!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I'm not sure about this, but I've used other prepaid credit cards in the past and the tills don't know how much is on the card so you have to say how much is on it so the cashier can ring it in.

So, say your purchase is $10.48...you have to say $5 off this card, $5 off that card, and $.48 cash so the cashier can ring it in. You should be able to use several cards in one transaction.

I think that is what the "rules" are trying to say. Give it a try and keep us informed.

Thanks!
    I do donations for Brightwood Ranch. They offer summer camps for inner city kids. http://www.hopemission.com/services/brightwood-ranch/

Really looking for Nature's Path cereal, $3 Glad Blue Bags and $3 Purex coupons.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saucyblondie View Post
    I'm not sure about this, but I've used other prepaid credit cards in the past and the tills don't know how much is on the card so you have to say how much is on it so the cashier can ring it in.

So, say your purchase is $10.48...you have to say $5 off this card, $5 off that card, and $.48 cash so the cashier can ring it in. You should be able to use several cards in one transaction.

I think that is what the "rules" are trying to say. Give it a try and keep us informed.

Thanks!
    I did just that at Safeway (not the gas bar). The cashier processed each card for $5 MC and I gave the balance in cash. No problems.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saucyblondie View Post

Thanks!
    You can only use one at a time, since if the dollar amount is above $5 it won't work. I learned this last year when I tried to use the card, that's why you have to pay the $10.48 first.

I got my first one for this year and used it to buy $5 amazon e-card and just added it to my amazon balance. I'll be getting about $60 in cards, so I was looking for other opportunities to use it, I tried to add it to my paypal account, but I don't think it's possible.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

You can use more than 1 at a time. And you can pay the cash later. It's been done often.

But I love the idea of putting it on the Amazon e-cards. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information