User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: traders please don't do this (editing PMs)

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

please don't edit the pm's when you reply, i mean go ahead and add stuff, but do not delete items, it makes it very hard to follow

also please don't trade away coupons in the middle of trying to work out a deal with someone else... its rude, and you users just made it onto my do not trade list

and another thing, when a user asks how many coupons you have, saying 5+ etc is not helpful...

oh and another thing, if someone posts up a wishlist and is asking for specifics please don't send a pm saying take a look at my trade list i have several... then when you get to the trade list there isn't any, there is no expiry dates or upc's making it pretty much useless

when you make your wishlist be specific if you are looking for a bread fpc, don't list just bread... its not helpful and is a waste of my time

Please don't be worried if you recently traded with me, i have pm'd the people who i had issues with, if you didn't receive a pm stating how i was frustrated, or how you could maybe do something differently in the future this post is not about you

ok i think my rant is done, this has all happened in the last 2 days, in some cases several times over
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by lady_arianna; Fri, Sep 30th, 2011 at 02:52 AM.

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

LMAO - I think these things in my own head all the time! I want all the info (# of expiry & Upc) in the shortest ammount of time possible! I hate deals that stretch on for days because the trader gives itsy bitsy bits of info each time!!! Sometimes I feel like saying Oh forget it already, this is like pulling teeth!

FT: AYLMER ACCENTS / LEAN CUISINE / LYSOL HANDSOAP / GOLD BOND and more
    ? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

Trading Score
    148 (100%)

100% Agree

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It sucks that you had such a hard time, but some of us are new at this and need extra time :p.
    I will be thoughtful and remember everything next trade I do.

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Okay Im sorry I admit when the PM gets too long, I erase it all because too me its "clutter" I promise I wont do it again!
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Banned
    Sexy Saskatoon (originally from Rider Regina)
    Trading Score
    126 (93%)

Amen!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i'll admit to cleaning up PMs.. becuase when the get too full(8+replies) i have to scroll side to side to read a reply and it bugs me.. so i delete about half of the middle messages (being sure to try and leave the key info.. like the last reply and the trade info-which coupons)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Okay Im sorry I admit when the PM gets too long, I erase it all because too me its "clutter" I promise I wont do it again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i'll admit to cleaning up PMs.. becuase when the get too full(8+replies) i have to scroll side to side to read a reply and it bugs me.. so i delete about half of the middle messages (being sure to try and leave the key info.. like the last reply and the trade info-which coupons)
    they weren't just cleaning them up, they were leaving most of the message there, but deleting bits and pieces, like what i offered them in the trade, it made it so i had to keep going back and forth between the actual message i sent them (in the sent folder) to the message to reply...

i understand cleaning it up, but start from the first message and don't delete random bits from every message

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    226 (100%)

oh... I think it's time for me to add more info onto my trade list to make it a bit more trader friendly
    Get 15% off Lostmyname personalized story book with your child's name in it (perfect as gifts too!)
    http://www.lostmy.name/friends/ho-yi-tong-2

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lady_arianna View Post
    they weren't just cleaning them up, they were leaving most of the message there, but deleting bits and pieces, like what i offered them in the trade, it made it so i had to keep going back and forth between the actual message i sent them (in the sent folder) to the message to reply...

i understand cleaning it up, but start from the first message and don't delete random bits from every message

ahh yes i don't agree with "tweaking" the trade offerings,i am also one who pulls the coupons out an dputs them in an envie while working on the trade (bit of a pain i'll admit since if the trade falls through i then have to put it all back)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    757 (100%)

also please don't trade away coupons in the middle of trying to work out a deal with someone else... its rude, and you users just made it onto my do not trade list

just happened to me today! ....grrrr!!!

Cia
    Female
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

Here are some train and trade guidelines that I follow:

**When in the middle of a trade, and no follow up pm's for 24 hours, I send the trader a PM stating that "since I have not heard back from you, I now consider this trade dead, and feel free to move onto other trades as I have" Then onto my DNTW list they go. I know stuff happens and life get's in the way, but when they seem to have time to post, but not respond, that is wasting my time.

**I reply to the original pm, I do not delete portions of it (not sure why someone would want to) If the fellow trader starts a new pm, I just kindly ask them to respond to the original one. Easier to keep track of trades it they are all on one post.

**I write in my book the trader name, date trade is made, their trade rating, date I sent, date I rec, date I left rating and date I rec. rating. When trade is completed on both ends I X it out in my book.

**If trader had 14 or less rating, I post it immediately in the trade tracker section. The day I rec. the envie is the day that I update this information. Why wait?

**My trade list is current, with dates, coupon quantities and UPC's, if I see a post without that information, I pass it over. Also listed is what my min. trade is, etc. (I am amazed at the amount of people who don't read carefully) If the trader does not put the time and effort to putting in the information, do I really want to trade with that person. Not really.

**I leave a rating the day I rec. a trade. Why wait?

**When I conduct a train, ratings for the riders are left the day the train arrives home. Why wait, if I have the time to open the envie and look it over, I have time to leave a rating. If I have to ask over and over to be given a rating from a conductor they go on my DNRW list.

**I answer the questions with out being evasive, if the answer is 12 I say 12 not 9+. Come on people.

**I always update any trains that I rec. the day it arrives. Date in/out, coupon $ amount in/out, BP in, expired coupons removed, I also leave a conductor rating.

**If something does not feel right (you know what I mean, the hair standing up on the back of my neck) I have no problem saying that I will not be trading.

**Be nice, say Thank You.

**I don't like to fiddle fart around, short sweet get it done.

**Do I sound anal? Yup, sure do. Do I care, not really. I put lots of time and effort into couponing, and just want it to go smoothly.

I'd like to hear what other peoples rules/guidelines are.
    Giving-Small likes this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Ive also been in a middle of a trade, and all of a sudden have the person decide to give the coupons to someone else, or keep them, why waste my time? One thing that makes it easier for me to keep track of, is my last PM will be ABC traded for XYZ, correct? Ok? Makes it easier to save that PM in my trade inbox and let the other discussion get lost in my inbox somewhere if I need to refer to the whole conversation, which rarely happens. But if I save that 1 pm, I can do a quick look, make sure everything is ok, then leave TR

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    ahh yes i don't agree with "tweaking" the trade offerings,i am also one who pulls the coupons out an dputs them in an envie while working on the trade (bit of a pain i'll admit since if the trade falls through i then have to put it all back)
    I do this too! Makes it easier for me. Also when I join a train, I like to put the BP aside so that I can make sure i have it when the train finally arrives

Trading Score
    266 (99%)

I totally delete the whole pm, but only after its a mile long. It seems to take my computer forever to type out a message if the pm is too long. So I'm sorry if I have done that an angered anyone.

Also, my list is not up to date, I have a ton of coupons and hardly anytime anymore to update it, so I just check out peoples wish lists and contact them.

I also, never put UPC's. We can't stack here, so its kinda pointless. All my coupons say not to be used with other coupons (or however they word it).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information