User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bargain_hunter_lola

Thread: I have a Train question

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Not sure which forum this should be in since it's regarding trains!

My question is this:

When you post your train & open it for riders, how do you decide who will be a rider? Do you base it on first come first serve?

Lets say for example that you are only accepting more seasoned members, and everyone that posts are seasoned members, do you pick & choose who you would prefer?

Is there some unspoken rule that you can't skip someone who you personally are not certain about, or you have seen some issues with that person on another train, or even because you know that they tend to be a whiner about the coupons no matter what order they are in on a train, or the train that they are on...

I'm just wondering if everyone is required to choose based on FCFS as long as the rider meets the rule requirements (if you have one for trade rating etc).

Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    12 (93%)

i would think if you are offering 5 seats, the first 5 that meet your criteria would get it.
    i have seen others make 2 trains because they got so many riders they didnt want to leave anyone out.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by slg657 View Post
    i would think if you are offering 5 seats, the first 5 that meet your criteria would get it.
    i have seen others make 2 trains because they got so many riders they didnt want to leave anyone out.

But are you required to give seats on a "first come first serve basis"?

Trading Score
    148 (100%)

I dont think there is a requirement to add someone just because they post for a spot. I've only run 5 trains so far but I would not add someone I was uncomfortable with. Especially if they have had issues on another train or negative/neutral feedback. I usually take a look at feedback ratings and any posts on their profile to make sure they havent had any questionable experiences. Thats just my way of doing things of course and ive only denied 1 rider because they had a 0 trade rating...I felt bad about it but offered them a seat on a future train once they gained some ratings

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

I wouldn't think you are obliged to take anybody - I mean, its your train and you should be able to run it as you see fit and that includes who you choose to have as a rider and who you choose to not give a place.
    Good luck with whatever you work out
    Come on -Join me ! Get Points, get Free stuff

http://www.gifthulk.com/refer/kazm-l
    And if you need a link for Zoombucks or Irazoo ....let me know!!

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

You are not required to take anyone. It's your train.

I think it depends on the reason you are not wanting that particular person on your train. If it's because you have had a not so good experience with that rider, I would absolutely not let him/her ride my train but if it's because you just want your friend to ride the train rather than someone you don't know, you might end up having some unhappy people.

When you make the rules of the train just put some rules in to cover your bases.

1. You must have a certain number of positive feedback with no neutrals or negatives.

2. You must have previously traded with me before.

3. The conductor has a right to refuse riders.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I agree with the other posters. It's you train and therefore you have to right to refuse a rider. Ultimately you are responsible for the trains success. Personally I go by the first come, first served rule on the majority of my trains but there are a few reasons why I wouldn't let someone board:

1) trader doesn't follow train rules (past experiences)
    2) trader doesn't leave feedback
    3) trader is on the blacklist or has a lot of neutral/negative ratings
    4) trader has a low rating and is on a lot of trains (problems have happened where relatively new traders join many trains and then disappear with all of them - rare but it has happened)
    Tierra Lemieux likes this.

Thread Information