User Tag List

Thread: Melon balls!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

My DS LOVES melon - watermelon, canteloupe are among his favourite fruits. I thought of making melon balls, bought a melon baller. And my melon balls aren't pretty little spheres! What am I doing wrong?

Editing to say, I figured it out. I didn't need to buy no stinkin' melon baller. I had a nice round measuring spoon that does the trick, just have to twist it. Good thing I only spent $1 on the melon baller at the dollar store!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Zonny; Sun, Oct 2nd, 2011 at 02:39 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

lol - I remember figuring out what you just did! Same works for scooping ice cream to get a nice ball!

That said, I bought that giant Starfrit kit which was out a few years ago, really cheap, and I don't think I use ANY of those decorating thingees - special knives, things to make curly veggies etc. Probably what I used several times are the sandwich cutter things...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

For ice cream, no problem! Years ago I used to work at Friendlys ice cream in New England, one of the first jobs I ever had. For making a sundae in a glass dish, you need to make your scoop kind of long and skinny so that your topping oozes down to the bottom and looks nice. Ice cream cones, sort of the same, you want the first scoop to be long and skinny to go down into the cone so it won't tip off!

Thread Information