User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    JD97
    Duh, am I missing something here? I thought homework is part of the curriculum. Is it not??? The issue is the curriculum, so how is that strange?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I can't judge how advanced this topic is for grade 5ers, but personally I don't think it's wise to teach politics that early; most of the students won't be able to relate to politics, and probably don't even have the base knowledge required to understand any of it, so it won't sink in.

I remember I had a 'social studies' class in grade 3 but I learned nothing.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

you have to remmeber that what they're being tested on and doing projects on is what they are currently learning in class. I t may seem like info we'd have trouble with adults because it's not fresh in our minds, but it's fresh in their minds because they're doing all sorts of fun activities in school relating to the topics they're studying.

Now if your kid needs some help practicing, that's perfectly alright. as the parent you should be proud of your kid learning all sorts of neat stuff in school that we as adults don't always pay attention to.

If the majority of the class is failing, then some adults are failing those kids, and it isn't necessarily the teacher.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information