User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Loves codes of all kinds hogama's Avatar
    Trading Score
    196 (100%)

Great checklist.... way to go on ALL your savings throughout the year. You didn't mention iCoke, tho'. With iCoke, I was able to redeem for 'Spread the Red' Coke swag... t-shirts, and other great things!

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hogama View Post
    Great checklist.... way to go on ALL your savings throughout the year. You didn't mention iCoke, tho'. With iCoke, I was able to redeem for 'Spread the Red' Coke swag... t-shirts, and other great things!
    Thanks hogama and for mentioning iCoke...will update first post to show that and i'll find the thread on SC about it to stay abreast of the rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by coley3 View Post
    For other money I also do surveys. There are some great companies. It takes a bit but I earn $10 Paypal money quite a bit. Last year I made around $200.
    Great idea! Do you have companies you'd recommend to list here? I'm going to update and reorganize the first post and would love to add the ones you've used successfully. If there's a related thread on SC that would be great for us to link to as well for any questions and tips. Thanks coley3! And MamaF reminded me of your "found money" jar idea so I'll add that too. Gotta get to some other stuff today but will get it all purtied up later in the week. Thanks for your tips!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaF View Post
    I remember this excellent thread! It inspired me to get going on a few things! I have my plans for "other money" well in hand for next Christmas!

I joined swagbucks and already redeemed $60 worth of stuff from amazon.ca and have another $20 to go, the goal is to have $100 to use for christmas

I blew the dust off of my airmiles card and saw that I had amassed 100 points in 8 years, 175 will get me $20 gift cards at Metro, so I have one on the way and almost enough points for another one, the goal is to have $100 for a magnificent turkey supper in December

I blew the dust off of the shopper's optimum card and found I hadn't amassed much over the years, I did a $30 redemption in December and I am currently well on my way to the highest redemption, hope to have enough points for 3 of the highest redemptions by December

Dug up the Canadian tire money and have gotten some extra of that as well, that is going to go for the pet's christmas this year

Now rereading this thread I am going to have to go and get one of those tin piggy banks from Dollarama to save the found money in, I find it all the time but never think of it.

Anyway, thanks for this wonderful thread, it really got me going on all the things I should have been doing all this time
    I'm so happy for you and your plan is inspiring and awesome! So glad this post helped and it looks like you're going to have a rockin' year of savings! thanks for the reminder re the found money jar...i found an extra jar recently and now i know what to label it! totally forgot about that tip.

Thanks for sharing your plans here, helpful to me and i'm sure to others reading it. take care!
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I just redeemed $80 in gas gc from my air miles!!! other money is great!!!

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

I have learned so much reading your thread. I find myself coming back to read these ideas again and again. Just can't miss out on all the great ways to find OTHER $. Think its part of my daily ritual after reading Gails blog.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Debvictoria View Post
    I just redeemed $80 in gas gc from my air miles!!! other money is great!!!
    Awesome! And yes, it is!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by frugalmom View Post
    I have learned so much reading your thread. I find myself coming back to read these ideas again and again. Just can't miss out on all the great ways to find OTHER $. Think its part of my daily ritual after reading Gails blog.
    So happy to hear that frugalmom! thanks. I read your other threads and look forward to seeing your update. Hope you get to enjoy some "other money" soon! All the best with the budgeting and such.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

what's an fpc?????? i'm still new at this??\

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

I don't think anyone mentioned Chapman's Kid's Club.

With the quiz (200 points) and 35 points daily if you log in, it doesn't take much effort to get $5 Chapman coupon. And if you like to play games (or your kids do) it's very easy to rack up the points. They also have other prizes.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blondie99 View Post
    what's an fpc?????? i'm still new at this??\
    FPC = Free Product Coupon
    Want FREE Gifts and gift cards each month!? Just search the web - so easy to use! Please join me on Swagbucks!
    If you need help or have any questions, please feel free to message me.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marmaduke View Post
    I don't think anyone mentioned Chapman's Kid's Club.

With the quiz (200 points) and 35 points daily if you log in, it doesn't take much effort to get $5 Chapman coupon. And if you like to play games (or your kids do) it's very easy to rack up the points. They also have other prizes.
    thanks for mentioning Chapmans's Kid's Club...I'll add that to the list...so many ways to make "other money"! I've gotta clean up the first post so it's all nice and neat to read. Awesome tip!

Another way to make "other money" is to be a personal shopper for your family and friends. As I review the flyers each week, and especially at SDM, I keep in mind the various products my mom, sis and friends use/need. When making my list for the $50 or $75 needed to get bonus points, I'll check in with them to see what they need and offer to grab it for them, thus lowering my $OOP and increasing my point earnings! Nice trade off! For one friend, who was still paying full price for diapers (tsk, tsk!), I called her about the sale on Pampers and used my $5 coupons to pick up a few packs for her. She was thrilled with the cheap bum covers and I was thrilled with my points bump!

Think also about times when your workplace or volunteer job needs refreshments for an event, a gift item, or farewell/birthday card for a colleague et al - if it's within your means, volunteer to buy the stuff! Pair that purchase with a bonus offer at a store and you've made $ (via points or airmiles et al) by being helpful! And, if your workplace reimburses you, BUY EVERYTHING!

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

love th list WTG

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

coley3 mentioned paid surveys and it made me check out the "Surveys" section of SC more. I found LegerWeb and SCers who do it are raving about it. I've added it to the main list (post #1) as well as a link to the thread. It's trusted and some surveys take just a few minutes to complete.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

expired by OP request

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information