User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went to an auction on Thanksgiving Monday and got a great deal. They are now auctioning off whole tables full of items. I picked up a table that had a Cuisnart espresso maker, an upright vacuum, a cordless hand vacuum, an AM/FM radio/CD player, a two slice toaster. a four slice toaster, a combination DVD/VCR player, cordless headphones, a rotserrie convection oven, an Ipod dock, and a toy remote control helicopter, all for only $75.00. These are items that have been returned to stores or from bankrupt stores. Some of the items have small problems like the espresso maker is missing the frothing cup and the hand vac is missing the adapter but for $75.00 I can live with that. Check out their web site for future auctions and great deals www.auctioneer.ca
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I love auctions. Great deals to be had. I used to go to an auction that sold returned merchandise from Costco. They auctioned fruit and veggies also. Don't know how many cases, yes cases I bought for $1.00. Don't go anymore as the newbies keep on driving up the prices. Like why would I pay $10.00 for something I used to get for $1.00. Silly people.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Thanks for the website. I want to buy a house next year and want to get everything I need from auctions. If anyone know any other good sites please PM me.
    Ebates Rocks!! Shop online & get cash back...
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=4GCxUWjWWJs%3D

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Denna b View Post
    I love auctions. Great deals to be had. I used to go to an auction that sold returned merchandise from Costco. They auctioned fruit and veggies also. Don't know how many cases, yes cases I bought for $1.00. Don't go anymore as the newbies keep on driving up the prices. Like why would I pay $10.00 for something I used to get for $1.00. Silly people.
    Me too, they have the same thing here and a girlfriend of mine and myself would go every weekend (up until about 18 months ago) All of a sudden all these new people started showing up and the prices were going through the roof. I would say....guess these people don't shop at Costco as they were paying so much more than you could buy it new for. Our auction also gets the items after each season, such as after Halloween, any stuff leftover will be there, same for Christmas, when spring is done, all the spring clothing goes there and so on. It was the best kept secret around here, but, well you know how that goes, doesn't stay a secret for ever.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

Any in Ottawa, On?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Check ontarioauctionguide.com. They have auctions in Kemptville which I believe is near Ottawa. Good luck.

Chuck

Trading Score
    30 (97%)

Great finds, I am too shy for auctions lol

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm sure if you go to a few and get into the swing of how it works you will get over your shyness. The biggest mistake people make at auctions is that they are afraid to start the bid low and end up paying too much. I was at one about a month ago and there was a computer tablet that I was interested in but so was another guy. He started the bidding at $100 and no one bid against him. After the auction I told him that he could have gotten it for $50 since I was the only other person bidding and would not go over that. 2 weeks later at that same auction I got the same tablet for $35. Try it you'll love it.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

If anyone is in the Missasauga area, theres also the 403 auctions that always have decent stuff, they post it on their website. If i can find the link ill post it.

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

wow I've never been to one wonder are there any in Oakville

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

cmontario, the only ones I know of are in Missasauga and Ancaster, but if you find some in Oakville/Burlington lemmie know

Id like to thank the OP for posting this, one of the auctions being held some what close to me has a wack load of pot sets in their pictures!! I might go just for that, we have such a mish mash of pots and pans hand me downs it's irritating, we couldn't afford to go out and buy stainless steal pots and pans, but we found out teflon coating releases some gas that is deadly to birds after buying our Cockatoo, so we had to quickly call everyone we knew to see if anyone would donate their pots and pans to us LOL so I might check this out, since a brand new stainless steel set is usually around $200+

Trading Score
    101 (100%)

i would love to go to auctions.....needed new toaster,food processor and coffeemaker...thanks pinklincoln hope you can post the one in mississauga or even better if there also in burlington/oakville area

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

The ancaster and Mississauga auctions arnt very far, about 15 min ish away from where I live.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went to the auction at Dundas/403 tonight and got some pretty good deals. They had 2 auctions going at the same time. I'm sure I'll go back. Thanks for the info.

Thread Information