User Tag List

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

So Hubby decided that now is the time for a new Washer and Dryer (HE) which is exciting for sure but after we bought them I realized I have about 15 bottles of non-HE soap (Purex and Tide). Now I am wondering what I should be doing with it? Can you use non HE soap in HE washers or is that not possible? Other than donating what else could I be doing with it? Do people trade for things? Or should I just donate it? Any ideas?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I'd love to trade for Purex and tide.. I have a ton of new SS if you need? Or let me know what you're looking for

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I'm in the same predicament except it's the electronic card that's broken on my HE so I had to hook up the old top loader in the garage until the end of next month. If you live in the Montreal area I'd trade you a dozen bottles .

The owner's manual for my front loader says to use only HE detergent .
    Last edited by snuffaluffagus; Fri, Oct 21st, 2011 at 11:07 PM.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Its perfectly fine to use the normal soap in HE washers. All u need to keep in mind is to only use 1/3rd of the soap that you would normally use. I have been doing this myself for years and its perfectly fine. Not just my opinion, I was told by the store too that its ok to use normal soap.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy View Post
    Its perfectly fine to use the normal soap in HE washers. All u need to keep in mind is to only use 1/3rd of the soap that you would normally use. I have been doing this myself for years and its perfectly fine. Not just my opinion, I was told by the store too that its ok to use normal soap.
    This, normal stuff is good in HE washers. just make sure you don't put too much in . You should be able to Google the marque and HE equivalancy.

Mennonite
    Trading Score
    152 (99%)

I use non HE in my front loader. The others are right don't use as much as it can get sudsy.

aww
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

What's your wishlist? If I have stuff you're looking for I'll trade you and then I'll donate it. You can use it in FL's from what I hear, I have a top loader though so I can't say I've tried it myself. You cut the amount of detergent in half from what I hear because it suds up, but also remember that front loaders use less water than a top loader as well, so that would be another reason to reduce the amount of soap.
    Another option might be to take it to the store and try to exchange it for the HE version.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

I use non HE laundry soap too. I always forget to check the bottle when Im buying it, and seem to always pick the non HE stuff... figures.
    LF: Huggies diaper manufacturer coups. (mail-outs, peelies)
    $5 Childrens Advil
    Please PM me if you have any for trade.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

AND, u end up using a lot less detergent so it lasts longer.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I use the laundry soap that I dont like outside. Everything that needs washing, like the patio, my car mats, in a spray bottle for those little bugs. What ever I can rinse off with the garden hose, Im using a bottle of sunlight green that has a funny smell to it, so it doesnt go to waste.
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Thread Information