User Tag List

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: "Once Upon A Time" TV show - awesome!

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Just noticed this thread today.
    Didn't catch all the episodes, but started watching a few weeks ago.

Emma Swan = (I'm a swan) from "The Ugly Duckling"
    (spends time in juvie as a teen, unwanted pregnancy; changes to a beautiful, responsible and personable woman)

`````````
    Rumpelstiltskin (a very complex character) needs time to figure out his own feelings; he's still at the guilt-transference stage of grief, regarding "Belle's tragic ending", blaming & punishing her father to assuage his own guilt; still fighting against his heart....but this is a very important stage to get past.
    This romance always needed and will take time to play itself out...just as the effects of time working against his love of power and conquest vs his memory of Belle make him realize how much 'the chipped cup' still means to him, betraying him to the Queen. He never looks more vulnerable as Mr. Gold, as when he is trying to take the cup from the Mayor through the bars of that prison cell.
    But being so farsighted, just maybe he is doing this to force the Mayor's hand; after all, why would she have made a point of trying to find out if the cup still meant anything to him, if not to place him within her power, and since she is a liar, could he dare hope that Belle still lives?
    I'd really like to see him win.

Now if only he could have sat down with Belle during his revelation, and explained nicely that they couldn't fall in love, of course she would have been clued into the whole situation, and possibly they could have come to an understanding. I'm glad they parted after he became abusive; too many fairy tales have influenced naive girls into loving men who are beasts.
    And being locked away in an institution by the Mayor, whom Belle seems to recognize, gives Belle lots of time to think about this relationship too.

Anyway, Rumpelstiltskin had to reject Belle's love, no doubt about it.
    Otherwise, his vulnerability as a human would have allowed the Queen to reign supreme in her evil realm. He'll get his chance again...as a human, this time; with the effects of time and mourning his loss having done their work in his heart. It wouldn't surprise me if he just gives up all his power in the end for his love of Belle. (just like the one whom he killed with the sword wanted freedom from power in the end)

Now the makers of Lost had better not mess up this series; it's got potential, though some of the actors/actresses just seem like pretty faces, not much acting ability.
    Very interesting interplay of characters, situation ethics and modernity.

Glad that Snow and that stupid prince finally split up from their little affair; he just doesn't seem like a brave sort to me at all; just a two-timer with a lot of growing up to do.
    Beware of Mr. Gold when he compliments somebody; it has many hidden meanings.
    ( Valiant, the valley-ant )

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

It was a cute episode tonight. Amy Acker was adorable as always.

I really liked the twist on how Grumpy got his name tho I don't like the unhappy ending for their story (lol, typical).

My only complaint was that there wasn't enough Belle! I wanted progress

Excited to see Red's story next week.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, the opening was SO beautiful!
    The hatching from eggs... LOL! no females, no falling in love, and no children

Loved the Dreamy/Leroy storyline! Bummer that Nova/Astrid is a nun in Storybrooke - aw, the course of true love doesn't often run smoothly... and too bad he turned into Grumpy!

Looking forward to seeing more about Red, as well!

Watch Movies Online
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Once upon a time is a new show in the entertainment industry...

Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Lana Parrilla

Magic, Mystery and
    Fairy tales...
    View movies online at 10starmovies with great features.
    Fun magazines for free time pass...

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

The story line was interesting...but now I just want that boat!
    Mr. Gold was as mean, grasping and embittered as ever. Doesn't like nuns! Maybe because they took in some of the babies he would have liked to get and sell on the black market, eh? And what!!! The nuns are paying him $5,000 a month rent! Only if he owns all the rented buildings in the area, and can control and charge exhorbitant rents.
    Typical that Dreamy's local control-freak is named Bossy. LOL.
    And it seems at times that the males are heartless and incapable of sound judgment, with the result that they are breaking the hearts of the females.
    Also, it's clear to me now that the reason why the evil mayor was holding that special red apple so calculatingly a few episodes ago was because she wanted just such a situation to develop between Mary Margaret and David...temptation and it's destructive, sad consequences.
    But she hadn't counted on the capacity of human nature to forgive...or that our candles can be relit by kindness and compassion.
    Last edited by Valiant; Tue, Mar 6th, 2012 at 04:36 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

What an awesome episode!
    Absolutely crazy twist on the red riding hood story; sure didn't see that coming!

I'm sure Mary Margaret is being framed for the murder - but by Mr. Gold or Regina?

I'm sad Ruby didn't stay working with Emma, that would have been cool.

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Shockingly gruesome episode; was hard to sleep last night...kept thinking about 'a sudden rush of swift, pattering feet'.
    Somehow, I wasn't really surprised by the plot of this particular show. I've always felt there was something sinister about Ruby, not just the overly toothy grin, but by the 'sex kitten' aspect, luring the men. Now it just makes sense...a wolf pack will track and then run orderly & silently past its prey, in order to surround it, all the while keeping up constant eye-contact, and making soft kittenish mewing sounds while standing still encircling it, completely prepared for the attack, which comes suddenly, viciously and with tremendous force and aggression.
    And, as an actress in this program...definitely not just another pretty face, but believable in every scene.
    The fact that Red could tell the tracks of the animals so well, didn't take a weapon along when tracking, could smell or sense where to look...all of this was self-evident that she was the werewolf in the plot.
    Glad she's back with her Grandmother now at the shop...wouldn't feel quite comfortable if she was denned up with the other 2 girls, who don't know her other identity. Chilling.
    Poor David...just dizzling around in the woods again...hope they come up with a better plot for this character, because he just doesn't inspire, except in his shadow-character from the past.
    As for the heart in the little casket, did Snow handle the casket at any time when the woodsman shot the stag, to replace its heart for hers, as the Queen had intended? That would account for fingerprints.

My own reaction to the show:
    1. Sure hope that the writers don't lose us, like they did with "Lost". Viewers do want and expect resolution of conflict, sooner or later, or otherwise the programming just seems like a confusing, disjointed hash of various nightmares. "Lost" could have gone so many different ways, which would have made for a more enjoyable experience for the viewers, considering the excellence of the actors on the series. But it just kept on being confusing and absurd to the point where it made no sense.

2. And...Do some of these scenes really have to be so hideous and vicious? I'm not the type of viewer to watch "Buffy, the Vampire Slayer", or other particularly brutish programs for entertainment. I'm not entertained by that type of tv program, just repelled. Possibly, some of the more mature actors on OUAT can bring an element of redemption into this type of gratuitious violence, but the younger actors only seem to leave an impression of revelling in it, and this registers subtly as a lack of differentiation between right and wrong...which I find disturbing and distasteful. So, I'll be evaluating whether or not I really want to spend my time on this type of programming, simply because of the assault on my senses and standards.
    Last edited by Valiant; Mon, Mar 12th, 2012 at 09:29 PM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post

The fact that Red could tell the tracks of the animals so well, didn't take a weapon along when tracking, could smell or sense where to look...all of this was self-evident that she was the werewolf in the plot.
    Agreed, it was obvious! But, Red did have her bow and arrows while they were tracking.

As for the heart in the little casket, did Snow handle the casket at any time when the woodsman shot the stag, to replace its heart for hers, as the Queen had intended? That would account for fingerprints.
    This I can't remember. I tried getting a vid of past episodes, but it's just super laggy.

2. And...Do some of these scenes really have to be so hideous and vicious? I'm not the type of viewer to watch "Buffy, the Vampire Slayer", or other particularly brutish programs for entertainment. I'm not entertained by that type of tv program, just repelled. Possibly, some of the more mature actors on OUAT can bring an element of redemption into this type of gratuitious violence, but the younger actors only seem to leave an impression of revelling in it, and this registers subtly as a lack of differentiation between right and wrong...which I find disturbing and distasteful. So, I'll be evaluating whether or not I really want to spend my time on this type of programming, simply because of the assault on my senses and standards.
    YES, they should be My all-time favorite TV show is Buffy, funny enough XD I'm not easily offended at all and didn't find the episode overly gruesome, either. Yes, there was blood, but it didn't seem graphic to me. It doesn't help that it's against the white snow and thus shows up a lot more.

In a sense, the entire show is about violence. Hell, even most of the original fairy tales were violent. They were used as warnings, too. It's not Disney's versions of them. So are you reacting negatively to the show solely based on this episode?

What do you mean by the difference of mature/young actors in relation to the violence?

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

How old are you?

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Are you asking me my age rather than continue from above?

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

I am not interested in debating the opinions I gave in my post. I have given them conscientiously from my point of view, and will not retract or argue them. And I asked you your age because it would have helped me to understand your reaction to my comments.On Smart Canucks, members are allowed to post according to the rules of the forum, with due consideration of other posters.
    But enough...I seek peace, not contention...in a world which often erupts in animosity and violence through the evil and lack of conscience of those who choose wrong instead of right.
    Last edited by Valiant; Tue, Mar 13th, 2012 at 08:10 PM.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I really enjoyed the last episode - didn't see that coming with Red Riding Hood - in fact, at first I thought it was the guy that was at her window - took me awhile to catch on that she was actually the wolf

at first I loved David, but now he's getting a bit annoying

Snow White has the most perfect skin - her face seems flawless - I notice it every time there's a close up LOL

not enough of the Queen though - I love her evilness

and the mystery guy - he hasn't been around much either - I hope they have something interesting planned for him

Buffy was my favourite show too - I didn't get into it until I started watching True Blood - then I watched Angel and Moonlight. Now I watch Being Human for my vampire fix

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I am not interested in debating the opinions I gave in my post. I have given them conscientiously from my point of view, and will not retract or argue them. And I asked you your age because it would have helped me to understand your reaction to my comments.On Smart Canucks, members are allowed to post according to the rules of the forum, with due consideration of other posters.
    But enough...I seek peace, not contention...in a world which often erupts in animosity and violence through the evil and lack of conscience of those who choose wrong instead of right.
    But I'm not asking you to debate anything. I only asked you two questions. One of which was to know when the violence got to you and the other was a clarification to one of your comments that I did not understand at all.

You also really don't need to post about SC and its rules since no one is anywhere close to breaking one.

It's like someone said 'I hate chocolate' and I asked 'since when?' or 'how come?'. I didn't think that was a big deal.

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by slayer_glade View Post
    No comment.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tvwatcher View Post
    Snow White has the most perfect skin - her face seems flawless - I notice it every time there's a close up LOL

Buffy was my favourite show too - I didn't get into it until I started watching True Blood - then I watched Angel and Moonlight. Now I watch Being Human for my vampire fix
    Haha, so true about Snow! I'm always captivated when she comes on screen. The way she talks is so elegant, too.

I grew up with Buffy and many parts of the show overlapped with my life, good and bad, so it holds a special place in my heart. I haven't had a chance to watch the new vampire shows because when they started I didn't get the stations but I'd like to get into one.

No comment.
    Wow. Well, those two words told me more than answering my questions ever could. Thank you.

Discussion forum FTW.
    Last edited by slayer_glade; Wed, Mar 14th, 2012 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Autocorrect fail XD.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information