User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: SOF South - Bad Couponers

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last night I went to SOF South to try and get some close to FREE Dove Products that I planned on donating to a charity I support. I had 8 stacks of 3 different Save $2.00 WUB 2 Dove Products that I planned to use on Body Wash, Bar Soap and Shampoo.

When I went to the till, the cashier told me that all Dove Products being purchased with Coupons had been "ged" and needed management approval. After speaking with the Cashier Manager, I was told that both the North and South SOF's had been "robbed" of all their Dove Coupons and they were taking the matter very seriously. They indicated that a lady went to SOF South, took all of the Coupons from their display and purchased a whole whack of product. The lady then openly admitted to the cashier that she took all the coupons from the display as she attended a weekly "trade" meet in Red Deer and was planning on trading with other couponers.

For me, this was a huge pain in the butt. I have been working hard to collect 6 different type of Dove coupons from various stores in Red Deer and Calgary without taking the whole pad. Now, when I go to redeem my savings, I get a hassle because of what some other lady did. I completely understand the position that SOF's is in; stacking is a privilege - not a right. All they are trying to do is protect all consumers, so now they are looking at putting limits on all their sale items and coupons due to this behavior.

Whoever this person was, I'm sure you visit this forum, please don't wreck couponing for everyone, just so you can get a few extra items. And if you must take the whole pad of coupons, keep your mouth shut. Telling the cashier that you took them all is just plain old stupid.

So, FYI to anyone planning to use Dove Coupons at SOF South, you will likely get treated like a criminal in the beginning.
    This thread is currently associated with: Save on Foods

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When I was buying a few things yesterday at the Save On Foods 67 St there was a lady ahead of me who had a whole bunch Dove and Baby Aveeno products with stacked coupons and she had no trouble with the cashier.I stacked V8 Fusion juice coupons two coupons one juice no problem either.
    Last edited by Poirot; Wed, Oct 26th, 2011 at 04:54 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I went to SOF Easthill a few weeks ago to get some finish quantum and I noticed that on the finish dishwasher gel (the ones that had the finish quantum tab sample and a $2 coupon inside attached to the top) every attachement was open and the sample and coupon was gone. There were probably 25 on the shelf and they were all ripped open, presumably by the same person. I am new to couponing but i was absolutely shocked by this. struck me as very pathetic

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    When I was buying a few things yesterday at the Save On Foods 67 St there was a lady ahead of me who had a whole bunch Dove and Baby Aveeno products with stacked coupons and she had no trouble with the cashier.I stacked V8 Fusion juice coupons two coupons one juice no problem either.
    The trouble I had was not with stacking, it was the fact I was using some of the "stolen" coupons, I guess I was able to get some before the whole pad was ripped off. They rang my order through no problems and honored all my stacks. I guess my frusteration stems from the fact that some people are giving other couponers a bad rep.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Well, coupons are free, there is no illegal activity if you take the whole stack or whole tear pad, its not nice, but its no illegal. Store management and the rest of the crew are just being plain idiots for even saying it. "We are taking the matter seriously" what are they gonna do? Stop putting out coupons? Fine, they lose on customers. Store also makes money each time someone uses the coupon, all in all its their loss if they dont want us to use coupons, or they want to limit things. All the more reasons to always go to WM and price check and use coupons. I pity people who think couponers are bad people for using bunch of coupons on items to get it free or almost free, when in fact store gets the money back plus some. These stores and cashiers need a GOOD one on one class about couponing and stacking and generally all about coupons.

I hate hearing stories like this. Its not a crime to take a whole pad of coupons. Is it nice? No, lets all have a grab at some coupons. If I go to a same store next time and I still see same coupons I will pass by them. I wont take "seconds" but I could if I wanted to. Like I said, it is not a crime.

And I hate how they said "robbed" ITS FREE. You cant get robbed of something that is free. Same with the booklets outside the store like for houses and stuff all free. If I wanted to take whole stack of these you cant stop me.
    Last edited by MostarkaGirl; Wed, Oct 26th, 2011 at 05:58 PM.

Follow my Beauty Blog on instagram @officialbestofglam
    or on facebook @bestofglam

I write reviews on all new and upcoming beauty products
    Sephora is my grand love

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It may not be illegal to take the whole stack of coupons, but it is pretty pathetic. For me personally, I dont want SOF to put a limit on the number of coupons that I am able to redeem, if I am able to collect 10 stacks of coupons for the same product, I want to be able to use them all in one shopping trip. As for going to Walmart to Price Match, yes I can do that, but WM does not let you stack coupons, so it does not do me much good to Price Match.

I think the message is getting lost, the cashiers at the Soth SOF are generally really good with coupons, I've been stacking there for months and have not one had a problem. It just recently since a single couponer decided that their wants were more important that the collective coupon community that this became a problem. Not once did the cashier at the South SOF say that stacking was bad, in fact the assistant manager was super nice about the fact I was stacking. Most of the people at the South SOF understand that coupoing is a win win situation, good for the store as they get tha value of the coupon and sell lots of product and good for the cusotmer as they get the product for close to FREE.

My point is to try to get people to think of the whole coupon community, not just themselves.
    Yoxallmom likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole82 View Post
    It may not be illegal to take the whole stack of coupons, but it is pretty pathetic. For me personally, I dont want SOF to put a limit on the number of coupons that I am able to redeem, if I am able to collect 10 stacks of coupons for the same product, I want to be able to use them all in one shopping trip. As for going to Walmart to Price Match, yes I can do that, but WM does not let you stack coupons, so it does not do me much good to Price Match.

I think the message is getting lost, the cashiers at the Soth SOF are generally really good with coupons, I've been stacking there for months and have not one had a problem. It just recently since a single couponer decided that their wants were more important that the collective coupon community that this became a problem. Not once did the cashier at the South SOF say that stacking was bad, in fact the assistant manager was super nice about the fact I was stacking. Most of the people at the South SOF understand that coupoing is a win win situation, good for the store as they get tha value of the coupon and sell lots of product and good for the cusotmer as they get the product for close to FREE.

My point is to try to get people to think of the whole coupon community, not just themselves.

Nicole, I am on your side. I get it. Id hate to see one person just selfishly take all coupons for themselves, however, for a store to change a policy or how much is allowed because someone took what they really CAN take, is absurd. That lady didnt steal anything from them to even say that she "robbed" them of all the coupons. So, if she didnt take them all, and there was 10 people that walked through and all took 5 say, and we all went and redeem them at the same time, would they be upset? Or are they upset that only one person took all stack? I dont get what they are so mad about! To them it makes no difference if its one person that redeems coupons, or 15... All I am saying, lady didnt do anything illigal for them to be treating her that way. She wasnt nice about taking the whole thing but they cant be treating people like that either. Like they are thieves. So the store acted totally hypocritical in my eyes. Calling her basically thief, which is not necessary. And the fact that she just made them extra money on top of the face value of the coupon, and who are they to just judge her? Maybe poor woman cant afford all the shampoo for her family of 8 people, say??? Or 10 people. So, she saw an opportunity and did it. Would they be upset if I walked through the store and redeemed my 20 coupons I collected some place else or through trades? It doesnt make sense what they got mad at! I think they just didnt want to see one person do it all, but she has that right. I went to the store on North and bought 5 Shampoos and 5 Conditioners and I got my coupons through trade here, so I had 10x $2 off that new Dove shampoo or conditioner, while they werent overly nice to me that I was redeeming coupons, they also never called manager over or made me take anything back. They did it. So, I dont see point in them getting upset because one person took 20 coupons.... big deal! What if we did what the extreme couponers do on these episodes come and get 1200 cereal boxes for free... They'd call police.
    Last edited by MostarkaGirl; Wed, Oct 26th, 2011 at 07:34 PM.

Sephora is my grand love

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

This is an interesting discussion. I have seen it on SC time and time again. I think everyone makes there own rules and what they are comfortable with. Some like to take 1 or 2. Others think a pad full is OK. I think if we do what right for us it will all work out in the end. Sad that I missed out on those coupons though
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coley3 View Post
    This is an interesting discussion. I have seen it on SC time and time again. I think everyone makes there own rules and what they are comfortable with. Some like to take 1 or 2. Others think a pad full is OK. I think if we do what right for us it will all work out in the end. Sad that I missed out on those coupons though
    Its not about who makes what rules, its about store freaking out and treating someone who took a whole pad as a thief, which if she wants to take it all, she certainly can. I wouldnt do it, but if she feels like she needs it all, she most definitely is not a thief that store painted her to be. I am more discusted that the store would do that, than that she would take a whole pad. But thats just me.

Sephora is my grand love

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MostarkaGirl View Post
    Nicole, I am on your side. I get it. Id hate to see one person just selfishly take all coupons for themselves, however, for a store to change a policy or how much is allowed because someone took what they really CAN take, is absurd. That lady didnt steal anything from them to even say that she "robbed" them of all the coupons. So, if she didnt take them all, and there was 10 people that walked through and all took 5 say, and we all went and redeem them at the same time, would they be upset? Or are they upset that only one person took all stack? I dont get what they are so mad about! To them it makes no difference if its one person that redeems coupons, or 15... All I am saying, lady didnt do anything illigal for them to be treating her that way. She wasnt nice about taking the whole thing but they cant be treating people like that either. Like they are thieves. So the store acted totally hypocritical in my eyes. Calling her basically thief, which is not necessary. And the fact that she just made them extra money on top of the face value of the coupon, and who are they to just judge her? Maybe poor woman cant afford all the shampoo for her family of 8 people, say??? Or 10 people. So, she saw an opportunity and did it. Would they be upset if I walked through the store and redeemed my 20 coupons I collected some place else or through trades? It doesnt make sense what they got mad at! I think they just didnt want to see one person do it all, but she has that right. I went to the store on North and bought 5 Shampoos and 5 Conditioners and I got my coupons through trade here, so I had 10x $2 off that new Dove shampoo or conditioner, while they werent overly nice to me that I was redeeming coupons, they also never called manager over or made me take anything back. They did it. So, I dont see point in them getting upset because one person took 20 coupons.... big deal! What if we did what the extreme couponers do on these episodes come and get 1200 cereal boxes for free... They'd call police.
    I think that lady who bought 1200 cereal got $300 in overage.Save On Foods wouldn't let us have even penny overage or adjust the coupon.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MostarkaGirl View Post
    Well, coupons are free, there is no illegal activity if you take the whole stack or whole tear pad, its not nice, but its no illegal. Store management and the rest of the crew are just being plain idiots for even saying it. "We are taking the matter seriously" what are they gonna do? Stop putting out coupons? Fine, they lose on customers. Store also makes money each time someone uses the coupon, all in all its their loss if they dont want us to use coupons, or they want to limit things. All the more reasons to always go to WM and price check and use coupons. I pity people who think couponers are bad people for using bunch of coupons on items to get it free or almost free, when in fact store gets the money back plus some. These stores and cashiers need a GOOD one on one class about couponing and stacking and generally all about coupons.

I hate hearing stories like this. Its not a crime to take a whole pad of coupons. Is it nice? No, lets all have a grab at some coupons. If I go to a same store next time and I still see same coupons I will pass by them. I wont take "seconds" but I could if I wanted to. Like I said, it is not a crime.

And I hate how they said "robbed" ITS FREE. You cant get robbed of something that is free. Same with the booklets outside the store like for houses and stuff all free. If I wanted to take whole stack of these you cant stop me.
    I totally agree with you, and they used some pretty stupid words here. And WHO cares??? The store shouldnt care at all.

I personally refuse to trade with people on here who have more then 10x of a coupon. I actually specifically ask them where they got them all, and why they have so many? I have no problem giving someone a piece of my mind on here, or in person if I see this happen. I also refuse to purchase coupons on ebay, because this just fuels the fire.

Point of my rant is that the ONLY reason someone takes a whole pad, is because there are other people out there that will either buy them, or trade for them. We need to stop doing this, and people wont take them all. Unless they need paper to start a fire.....lol
    RRLF: Nurtigrain, Cheese, V8 Fusion, Similac Mom, Chips, Pop, HV Ranch, Disinfecting Wipes, Advil, Bicks DP, CT Money (will trade large amounts for this!)

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole82 View Post
    Last night I went to SOF South to try and get some close to FREE Dove Products that I planned on donating to a charity I support. I had 8 stacks of 3 different Save $2.00 WUB 2 Dove Products that I planned to use on Body Wash, Bar Soap and Shampoo.

When I went to the till, the cashier told me that all Dove Products being purchased with Coupons had been "ged" and needed management approval. After speaking with the Cashier Manager, I was told that both the North and South SOF's had been "robbed" of all their Dove Coupons and they were taking the matter very seriously. They indicated that a lady went to SOF South, took all of the Coupons from their display and purchased a whole whack of product. The lady then openly admitted to the cashier that she took all the coupons from the display as she attended a weekly "trade" meet in Red Deer and was planning on trading with other couponers.

For me, this was a huge pain in the butt. I have been working hard to collect 6 different type of Dove coupons from various stores in Red Deer and Calgary without taking the whole pad. Now, when I go to redeem my savings, I get a hassle because of what some other lady did. I completely understand the position that SOF's is in; stacking is a privilege - not a right. All they are trying to do is protect all consumers, so now they are looking at putting limits on all their sale items and coupons due to this behavior.

Whoever this person was, I'm sure you visit this forum, please don't wreck couponing for everyone, just so you can get a few extra items. And if you must take the whole pad of coupons, keep your mouth shut. Telling the cashier that you took them all is just plain old stupid.

So, FYI to anyone planning to use Dove Coupons at SOF South, you will likely get treated like a criminal in the beginning.
    Im on the FB Red Deer Coupon page, and within a few hours the other day a whole pad of coupons was gone after posting it on there. Not saying thats where it happened (or that it was a member), but not only do they organize weekly coupon swaps, but anytime, and I mean ANYTIME anything is posted on there, the deal/coupon is usually gone within hours.

I keep my most important couponing secrets to myself, or only share with a few people on here I feel are decent couponers
    RRLF: Nurtigrain, Cheese, V8 Fusion, Similac Mom, Chips, Pop, HV Ranch, Disinfecting Wipes, Advil, Bicks DP, CT Money (will trade large amounts for this!)

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheryl888 View Post
    Im on the FB Red Deer Coupon page, and within a few hours the other day a whole pad of coupons was gone after posting it on there. Not saying thats where it happened (or that it was a member), but not only do they organize weekly coupon swaps, but anytime, and I mean ANYTIME anything is posted on there, the deal/coupon is usually gone within hours.

I keep my most important couponing secrets to myself, or only share with a few people on here I feel are decent couponers
    Totally agree with you Cheryl ... I was always able to find some coupons. And even if I am in the store a week later, I still see some coupons out there. But Dove coupons are hard to come by and I doubt there was any too many out in Red Deer, or stores are putting out little by little. Not sure.

Sephora is my grand love

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I am not on FB but I have friends who are apart of the couponing group. And yes once something is posted the coupons disappear. Just the way it is I guess. But I come across alot of great deals so they don't get everything. I can't find Dove coupies anymore either. But I think that's because it is something that can be stacked. So there is high demand for it. I started couponing awhile ago before all the new LD rules. So I have lots of shampoo/deoderant etc. So I am not too too sad about no Dove coupons. I do feel bad for those starting out who would like to try stacking for free. I guess they will just have to perserver harder.

And to comment on the original post. No professional company should ever judge or bad mouth a customer or even employee for that matter. It is just not good customer service.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coley3 View Post
    I am not on FB but I have friends who are apart of the couponing group. And yes once something is posted the coupons disappear. Just the way it is I guess. But I come across alot of great deals so they don't get everything. I can't find Dove coupies anymore either. But I think that's because it is something that can be stacked. So there is high demand for it. I started couponing awhile ago before all the new LD rules. So I have lots of shampoo/deoderant etc. So I am not too too sad about no Dove coupons. I do feel bad for those starting out who would like to try stacking for free. I guess they will just have to perserver harder.

And to comment on the original post. No professional company should ever judge or bad mouth a customer or even employee for that matter. It is just not good customer service.
    Red Deer SC section and Facebook couponing group get customers coming into the stores to shop so that's not a bad thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information