User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

We all like to brag from time to time about how our kids help us coupon; collecting them, cutting them, etc. Thought maybe we could share some brags about our little ones!

Last week my 3 year old son wanted a toy. I told him Mommy couldn't get it because it was too much money. He said, ok, let's wait til it's on sale!
    Yesterday, while myself, DH, and 3 year old son were waiting at the pharamacy, my son picked up a box of the new Advil Muscle and Joint. He walked over to a tear pad with $3 coupons for that product on it. He said to me, let's get this for Daddy because it has a coupon. I thanked him but told him we didn't need any, but he was presistant since it came with a coupon. He kept saying, but see, this coupon is for this!
    He also gets very happy when coupons come in the mail and loves it when they are for his treats!
    This thread is currently associated with: Air Canada, Air Miles, Apple

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

So cute, such a great helper and learning very quickly! I try to get my brother to help out some times when hes "bored" but not much luck there lol hes 14.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Great teaching your 3 year old some good money saving strategies very early.
    WTG.

Rvbob
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I am so happy to see that some children are right into this. My daughter thinks I am off the wall. Her loss my gain!
    It is always a pleasure to meet you, until we meet again.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Rvbob View Post
    I am so happy to see that some children are right into this. My daughter thinks I am off the wall. Her loss my gain!
    I can sympathize. But keep doing what you are doing - you are still be a good example to your daughter. I was like her. My mother tried to teach me, but I was not ready to learn. But, I was absorbing some of her good characteristics.

Now that I am older, I find that I am repeating the good lessons my mother taught me. Wished I had paid attention more when I was younger -- now I have to call my mother to ask questions and learn the lesson over again. But she's patient.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

My son, who is seven, absolutely loves helping me do coupons. He has gotten so good that he even knows some of the stuff I have coupons for. We will be walking through the store and he will see something and say "Hey mom you have a coupon for this in your binder" and he sometimes knows stuff I forget!!

Trading Score
    43 (100%)

aww! that's great!

My daughter who will be 4 in January loves couponing too! I have told her to be my 2nd pair of eyes for coupons. And she does spot coupons I dont and would scream "mommmy coupons!!"
    she really wants to cut coupons, and knows what are coupons and whats not so i cant get away with giving her something else to cut.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    52 (97%)

my daughter hates when she see coupons in my hand .but will grabe few when she go to store and see coupon .she cant see me loving or liking anything except her lol

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I use coupons to prenvent the "I want this" in the stores. No more trying to buy $5.00 boxes of cereals. They will see if it's on sale and then ask if I have a coupon for it. They understand very well now that the budget has to be respected and only good deals on things we may not need right now are to be bought. They also will coupon hunt in the stores and my eldest who is 10 will go in recycling bins on his way back from school to see if he can't find coupons for me. He beams with pride when he finds some. He even refuses to start the grocery until we've checked the coupon board.

Trading Score
    432 (100%)

My 8 year old loves couponing! We are trying to use it as a tool to teach her value, budgeting, and even basic math. Asides from helping me spot coupons when out shoppong she has her own mini binder where she keeps all of my expired coupons, she looks through the flyers with me, and makes her own notes on what she is going to 'buy' with her coupons and all the good deals she sees. She also pretends to trade coupons with her little sister -although it doesn't always work out in my youngest's favor "I'll give you these 5 coupons if you give me your cookie!"

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

My oldest (almost 12) always finds me tearpads in the stores, and my little on (just turned 9) just helped me clip coupons the other day. She also made me this one!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Raedeen
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

My 3 kids love that I started couponing and they love helping me go to the stores to find coupons LOL.....there favorite partis the snack isle cause they know the more coupons mommy has for them the better it works out for them....my kids have had snacks in there lunch everyday this school year because of coupons...where as last year if it was not on sale there was no good treats in there lunch for school...I always hated telling them sorry girls but there is no money for snacks this week...always broke my heart.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

toodles loves to help she finds them in stores sometimes before i do and likes to hold her coupons.. she also likes to help slide the paper slicer when i'm cutting them out
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

My 1 yr old DS sits and sorts coupons with me. He also gets very excited when mommy gets coupons and freebies in the mail.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

My 11 year old brother will help me clip coupons if I ask for help. The other day he was like "this is hard, your really smart to know how to sort and use all these coupons!" Brownie points for him! :D
    Yesterday I read on Facebook that a friend of mine's daughter who is 7 years loves watching Extreme couponers and how she wishes that canada did good couponing too so the two of them could be the two couponers. This is a friend who I was explaining couponing to a while back and she just changed the subject! Now their gonna become the coupon mom and daughter team YAY!!! It makes me happy!
    In 2010/11 I used over $7700 in coupons!
    My 2012 goal is $6000 in coupons!

:::Alee142010:::

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information